test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you had the $200, would you?

2»

Comments

• wergonsmithwergonsmith Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I may know March 10th if I want to purchase the HotN or not. :)
  • thelickingtoadthelickingtoad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    I do have the $200 to spare, but I've been burned by games too often in the past. Now, I'm refusing to pre-order anything. And, while Neverwinter has no box and is free to download, it's still stuff for a game I may not like.

So, what I did was hop on my phone and buy the Feb issue of PC Gamer for a buck. I got my code added, and I'll try out the game in beta. If I like it (and right now, I'm fairly excited from the videos I've seen), I'll decide which pack I want to get.

Why don't I preorder anymore? Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Aliens vs. Predator, Aliens: Colonial Marines ... the list goes on. All games I've been excited for, and all games that have been absolutely abysmal when released.
  • desyumidesyumi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    1. If those $200 are needed to pay bills, food or something similarly important, then don't spend them in a video game (or alcohol, or...).
    2. If those $200 could be given to charity or gambled, you may use them on a Founder pack.

Technically Founders Pack is a charity for all those that don't want to pay a dime for the game. We are supporting developers and the servers and their various cost centers so the the f2p players can play for free.
  • devoneauxdevoneaux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    desyumi wrote: »
    Technically Founders Pack is a charity for all those that don't want to pay a dime for the game. We are supporting developers and the servers and their various cost centers so the the f2p players can play for free.

Good luck getting a tax write off for your 60 dollar preorder. :P
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why don't I preorder anymore? Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Aliens vs. Predator, Aliens: Colonial Marines ... the list goes on. All games I've been excited for, and all games that have been absolutely abysmal when released.
    Then I'm forced to say: may you avoid buying a Founder pack? Just in case? XD
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lots of good info here about it :)
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • thelickingtoadthelickingtoad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Then I'm forced to say: may you avoid buying a Founder pack? Just in case? XD
    That's the thing. I play, then I buy. So, beta first and then founder, if I enjoy it.
  • ursaiursai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I missed out on the first beta weekend because I didn't have the money at the time. As I sat here waiting for my LTS to CO to bear fruit I kept going over the value of the founder's pack in my mind.

Then I got my work bonus and it was the only thing I wanted to buy with it.

So, yes.
  • darkdeathrapdarkdeathrap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    I got the money and would spend it :P but thanks to VAT and over currency conversion stuff puts way over what i can afford being unemployed xD
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nope. Can't see paying for beta, and the things you get aren't worth that amount either to me. I'll use it to pay for 4 months of internet, or to brew a few batches of some mean Pale Ale.
  • nethershadowsnethershadows Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would at the drop of the hat. I just don't have the cash :/
  • rkriderrkrider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 80
    edited February 2013
    Yep, already did. All three packs!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've ridden through the deserts of Athas on a Horse made of Flame....