test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Drizzt alive during the time of Neverwinter?

2»

Comments

• keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tlarseth wrote: »
    It is not uncommon though for a Drow who watches themselves to live several thousand years.

Not according to the 4th Edition Forgotten Realms Players Guide. It was that way in 3rd edition.
  • lithomedlithomed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    joescylla wrote: »
    I hope not; i killed him in BG1 ;)

Me too! :)
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    who is drizzt? sounds like when you rip a sheet of paper against a toothed edge

/ducks
    /covers
    /and carries a shotgun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drizzt_Do'Urden
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • krisgkrisg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wulfster42 wrote: »
    Without posting any spoilers, is the drizzt who is alive now really the same drizzt we grew to know in the past?

I'd say even the characters alignment may have changed at this point...and his personality certainly has. What really defines a character? The name is the same, but the character itself? I'm not sure if he still really is alive.

he is the same drow as he was before. but his sense of right and wrong is jarred because of everything that has happened in the world. some people he used to think were evil turn out to just be hungry so they rob travelers who are the 1's who raised taxes in the first place
  • wulfster42wulfster42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Actually Pikel Bouldershoulder, with all his "oo oi's" and "doo dad's" always had an issue with Drizzt Do'Urden. "Drizzit Dudden! Drizzit Dudden!"

However, yes, the word Drizzit first appears in Sojourn when the little girl mispronounces his name. 'Help it's a Drizzit!'

As for is he the same...that's yet to be seen. Let's just say the years haven't been kind to our kindly drow. Just the fact 4th Ed forced a 100-150 year jump in the timeline killed Cattie-Brie, Wulfgar and Regis. Bruenor was old 150 years ago so...yeah...read to see how ancient of a dwarf proud Bruenor becomes...
    All in all the world's a very lonely place for Drizzt. The companions of the hall are all but gone...and sadly it makes the books a bit irksome to read because he lost about 200 years off his age and acts like a teenage girl again :mad:

He's certainly not the same as he once was...but then again you're all not the same as you were yesterday...or the day before. Every day shapes and changes who we are.

Hehe, I've read the original books about 4 times over the years, and I really liked that part.

I understand why he is different, and your right everyone changes over time, but that was kinda my point. Alot of time has passed and alot has changed so he's not really the same person anymore. In fact, I think he's currently in a state of flux....changing into something..and we don't know what that is going to turn out to be yet.

When Jaraxle starts to look like he's more righteous then Drizzt, you know things have changed big time.

I'm not giving up on Cattiebrie comming back to save him either....something is going on there and I hope it gets cleared up in the next book. Only a few more weeks to go!!

I just hope I can finish it before the next beta as I don't want to be distracted for the next weekend. Missed to much of the last one already.
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Ugh he was a bit of an emo kid for most of the books. Then he finally got together with Catti only for her to die shortly after. Stopped caring by that point.
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dragon 386 actually had a Bazaar of the Bizarre(a feature on magic items) about Drizzt's items. This is what they had to say about Drizzt in 4th edition, specifically about acquiring his items actually
    Dragon 386 wrote:
    Since the time jump from the events of The Ghost King, Drizzt has been adventuring throughout the north. We know that he has made relationships with the elves of the Moonwood and even some other reformed drow. He has been interested in the development of the Kingdom of Many-Arrows. Drizzt continues to fight for peace and justice, and this could put him in league with the player characters, but it could also put him at odds with them. If you wish to use Drizzt as an adversary, "see Campaign Workbook Hero Battle: Drizzt" in Dungeon #171, which presents plot hooks, encounters, and complete statistics for Drizzt.

During the period following the Spellplague, and leading up to the present Realms, the elves of the Moonwood made a study of magic items, especially weapons. We know that Drizzt gave them Khazid'hea to study, feeling that the vicious weapon would be safer in their hands. Perhaps he also allowed them to study his other items. They might have even made copies of some, with the permission of Drizzt.

As for Khazid'hea, iti's unlikely that the elves would lend out the vicious "Cutter," but the sword is always scheming for a more "worthy" master. Perhaps it drives one of them insane, and that elf releases it back into circulation. It could wind up in the hands of the characters or in a villain’s possession.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Honestly I was always more interested in Entreris dagger...even though it was apparently just a +4 vampiric dagger.
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Honestly I was always more interested in Entreris dagger...even though it was apparently just a +4 vampiric dagger.

It's in that article too, yeah, its not too inspiring. +5 with a daily power and a decent power if you face a lot of minions(5 hp every time you reduce an enemy to 0 HP,) Which you probably won't yielding a +5 weapon.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • gatorflashgatorflash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought dwarves lives closer to 4 centuries? Bruenor Battlehammer was well over 100 years old during the icewind dale trilogy and I believe if memory serves, closer to two centuries than one.
  • kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    wulfster42 wrote: »
    I'm not giving up on Cattiebrie comming back to save him either....something is going on there and I hope it gets cleared up in the next book. Only a few more weeks to go!!

I know right. There's still the hope that Mielikki taking her spirit away serves some hidden, greater purpose.
  • therealtaltherealtal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    this is where I accept/expect boo's. Reistlin Majere is not forgotten realms, right. But is he DnD, or do I have that mixed up?
    Raistlin is from the Dragonlance setting, and yes, it's D&D. Definitely won't be in this game.
  • infrasoundxinfrasoundx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2013
    Yvonell B was over 1000 iirc. She looked OLD before the dorf chopped her up. And yes he's in the books which fluff out the timeline for NW
  • veltor1234veltor1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    perhaps in book 4 of the neverwinter series Artemis will finally kill him and then they can write some books on his life... i find his character to be a much more interesting read