test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Foundry Mission Ideas.

2»

Comments

• horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    wishniak wrote: »
    I am looking to develop a storyline that evolves as the character rises in level. So I would want the story to start at about level 10; and pick up with additional episodes as the character advances additional 7 to 10 levels. In addition, I have overlap this worlds campaign with my own developed world in tabletop and have one or two elements that I may share in a Foundry module. I do have one long term epic storyline in mind and hope that the tool will bring it to life.

I get the idea and in something like NWN that isn't a problem, you can create as many characters you want for free. However since Slots will be limited and cost, having content that fits a level sort of goes against the idea of level specific quests unless it's end game.
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What I originally had planned for my first foundry mission I don't believe will be possible within the constraints of the foundry given that I don't think we'll be able to do random generated puzzle maps(as in having things spawn in random locations on the map including a quest objective), so my fallback first mission is going to be an homage to an Living City module from about 15 years ago.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    castagyre wrote: »
    I kind of want to do a Red Steel tribute, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it yet.

I played that campaign setting. I still have the box set with the maps and all.

On Topic:

Aside from my apparent rip on that stupidly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> "vampire" movie, I am a dungeon crawl fan. My campaigns will mostly be about just that as were the best of my pen and paper gaming days.

I've even considered building a generic dungeon and using my dice sets and setting up my own monster list to populate my dungeons like I used to do back in the day. Classic style!

I doubt I will use the golden path quest objective helper much as I want to promote exploration, since that is what D&D is all about.

I also doubt I will create heavy dialog quests as I am a firm believer that D&D stands for Dungeons and Dragons and not Dialog and Dilemmas.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • therealtaltherealtal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've dabbled a bit on STO's foundry, and from everything I saw so far in videos, Neverwinter's foundry is even more powerful. I'm thinking of converting my unpublished STO thingy about an alien-hating terrorist group to Neverwinter, making it a pro-human secret murder-cult instead, or something along those lines. Investigation, suspect interrogation and some combat. It will totally suck, but I will find it funny. :D
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I remember asking the same question - but I don't think even devs are sure about that. Last time CMP replied that he is not sure but it is his opinion that recreating it should be fine as long as you don't make profit out of it.

*CMP=crypticmapolis

As I hope to recreate the module, "The Red Hand of Doom" this is what I am hoping is true. However my next question would be that if they add a way to add an AstralDollar donation system to the creator of said adventure could that not fall under a form of profit since AD will be a real dollar purchasable item. If the AD does in fact have a real dollar value would that not also mean that AD donations could be construed as a form of profit.