test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you want to see included in the foundry?

2»

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is that confirmed?

I am pretty sure that at this time even developers are not sure how many slots we would have - but they believe there would be enough slots.
  • unclegrimmunclegrimm Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm betting that you will get 3 or 5 slots in the foundry with the option to buy more.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    unclegrimm wrote: »
    I'm betting that you will get 3 or 5 slots in the foundry with the option to buy more.

That seems kind of counter-productive, especially if someone is putting out 5-star UGC consistently.
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    That seems kind of counter-productive, especially if someone is putting out 5-star UGC consistently.

They've already said that they'll reward highly rated creators with more Foundry slots.
  • itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited February 2013
    without getting to into all my wishes, one thing I would LOVE.. and I mean LOVE LOVE to see in the foundry, is the ability for us to import, upload and include into our OWN personal assets folder our own models and assets. THAT be HAWT! and the ULTIMATE would be for us to be able to monetize them into real world cash. That would be so awesome.

itsNEO

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

They have stated on several occasions that they are not going to monetize the foundry. It has also been stated that you are going to start out with 3 adventure slots. They also made some vague references to you getting more slots as you make content that gets good ratings.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just had to comment on Belzub I love the profile pic of Minsk and Boo!
    Baulder's Gate was a truly epic game! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    itsneo wrote: »
    without getting to into all my wishes, one thing I would LOVE.. and I mean LOVE LOVE to see in the foundry, is the ability for us to import, upload and include into our OWN personal assets folder our own models and assets. THAT be HAWT! and the ULTIMATE would be for us to be able to monetize them into real world cash. That would be so awesome.

itsNEO

Yea, they have said that personal content is something they are "not internally set up to handle that". There are heaps of problems, checking so there is no infringements on heaps and heaps of laws. Space on the server, additions in the engine who can bug it the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out, use too much resources. and so on. But this is a dream-thread (as stated in the OP), so go ahead.

:D
  • itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited February 2013
    Yea, they have said that personal content is something they are "not internally set up to handle that". There are heaps of problems, checking so there is no infringements on heaps and heaps of laws. Space on the server, additions in the engine who can bug it the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out, use too much resources. and so on. But this is a dream-thread (as stated in the OP), so go ahead.

:D

Exactly, it's just a dream, a wish, a wow that be so damn cool post. :D ty for permission to dream. hehe

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

Exactly, it's just a dream, a wish, a wow that be so damn cool post. :D ty for permission to dream. hehe

Yes yes, I know. My mother always says I am too nice, to accomodating:o
  • ainilome1ainilome1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure it's been said, but I'd most like to see more open, public spaces. I'd love to make use of the Foundry for more than just dungeons. I want to make RP spots, guild halls and the like. Being limited to only 5 people in creation at a time is, well, limiting.
    ainisig.png
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    WebsiteRecruitmentVideo
    Administrator of Neverwinter Roleplayers Fansite. Join us!
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    itsneo wrote: »

itsNEO
    If only there were a game with Neverwinter in the title where we could do that....
  • strainzedstrainzed Member Posts: 46
    edited February 2013
    I'd like to see group building. We play together, why not build together? Not sure how it would work but being able to build a dungeon with a friend might be fun/ collaborate on ideas.
  • pyrocrastinatorpyrocrastinator Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a couple of features I would really love to see.

NPC teams:
    I'd like to see more options for NPCs than just the standard friendly, enemy or neutral (non-combat).
    Non-combat NPCs (of the invincible kind) would have to remain neutral, but for others I think it would be better if they were divided into 'teams'. These different teams could then be set as friendly, neutral or hostile to the players and to eachother.
    An option to have NPCs change teams or for team alliances to change based on triggers or scripted events would make this feature even better.
    This mechanic would allow for an amazing amount of different scenarios, for example a failed diplomacy attempt turning an enemy or group of enemies hostile, or the ability to lead 2 different groups of enemies to fight eachother. I'm sure someone more creative than myself could think of loads of really interesting uses for this.

Custom quest items:
    It would be great to be able to create items, such as weapons and armours, with custom appearance and stats. These items would be obtainable and usable only inside the quest, getting destroyed upon exit or in a scripted event beforehand.
    A lot of fun could be had creating fancy armours or incredibly powerful weapons, without imbalancing the game at all outside of that specific quest.
    This idea could apply to many other objects, I just suspect weapons and armours will be the most popular choices.

And one current feature I would like the option to disable when creating a quest: the quest path.
    Any objective that involves finding something is pointless with this feature on, even a simple thing like a fork in the path is meaningless if the player knows which way leads to the exit.
  • kalvorakkalvorak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited February 2013
    I'd also like to see the option to have friends test it before you officially release it. Perhaps the ability to individually add player names for testing, then when you click send it appears under a new tab on his foundry/welcome screen as a campaign to test (with a legal thing saying Cryptic haven't checked the campaign and are not responsible for content etc). A more advanced set of features would be to be able to set the class, level, gear etc for the character they're going to test it with - that way you can get the specific feedback you may need.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want as many options as possible for creating actual choices in an adventure, with branching paths/results based on what the player chooses. Like factions becoming friendly or hostile based on dialogue options, or paths leading to different areas depending on a choice.

This most of all. But apart from that, cinematics.
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Pyrocrastinator: Yes, much like the drow equipment in the underdark. There could even be a reason given for the short-term use of items inside the "dungeon". Quickl-traveling destroys the items, but they can be found at the entrance, or something.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would also hope for an option to have NPC's interact with each other. Say Neutral human villagers trying to fight off Hostile Orcs. As the Orcs would have the upper hand it would then fall on the players to assist the humans villagers.

Any word on how much we can edit the pre-made monster mobs? Ie can you attach a class to a mob. For example a doom fist monks and Red Hand priest type classes onto hobgoblins etc. It would be important if I am to try and recreate the campain Red Hand of Doom (my goal with the Foundry).