test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Hero Founder] Can we please swap Armoured Spider for the Armoured Horse..

adamchattawayadamchattaway Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Can we please swap Armoured Spider for the Armoured Horse? I really like the look of the Armoured Horse far more than a spider, i hate spiders >_<

If we could somehow pick which one we want or change it i would and im sure many others would to.
Post edited by adamchattaway on

Comments

• babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just buy the other pack (or wait till game is released and buy a re-skinned armoured horse of some type ;)
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    If you bought an Armored Spider, will Polymorph Mount change it into an Armored Horse?

See Cryptic? I gave your store an idea on how to make this happen, in a 1 use scroll, tradeable scroll. :D
  • adamchattawayadamchattaway Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    babylon wrote: »
    Just buy the other pack (or wait till game is released and buy a re-skinned armoured horse of some type ;)

Well thats not really an option when i want other things from the hero pack, spider is ugly as hell, horse is sexual delight!!!
  • adamchattawayadamchattaway Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    If you bought an Armored Spider, will Polymorph Mount change it into an Armored Horse?

See Cryptic? I gave your store an idea on how to make this happen, in a 1 use scroll, tradeable scroll. :D

What be this Polymorph Mount sorcery of which you speak!!!
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well thats not really an option when i want other things from the hero pack, spider is ugly as hell, horse is sexual delight!!!

Yes...buy them both.

Wait...I just read your last bit >.>
    horse is sexual delight!!!

:eek:
    edited February 2013
    I have my needs...
    edited February 2013
    I have my needs...

Hmm...I think we should make sure this man never gets his hands (and whatever else) on one of our precious little horses :p
    edited February 2013
    babylon wrote: »
    Hmm...I think we should make sure this man never gets his hands (and whatever else) on one of our precious little horses :p

Pff thinks thats bad, my mate is Welsh and he wants to trade his spider for a Sheep...
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    LOL Sheepshagger
  • theincarnadine42theincarnadine42 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This conversation went downhill very quickly...
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think they'd expect you to buy the other pack for the horse, but you could always contact support and see if they love you? :)
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can we please swap Armoured Spider for the Armoured Horse? I really like the look of the Armoured Horse far more than a spider, i hate spiders >_<

If we could somehow pick which one we want or change it i would and im sure many others would to.
    They are themed packs. Buy feb's PC Gamer magazine for horsie.
    Also, the options for that poll are bad.
  • pugdaddypugdaddy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 249 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Will we get a class that can fight while mounted? A Cavalier? That would be cool.
    edited February 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    They are themed packs. Buy feb's PC Gamer magazine for horsie.
    Also, the options for that poll are bad.

Enlighten me on better poll options? yes/no i don't understand you.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Enlighten me on better poll options? yes/no i don't understand you.
    We have:
    • Yes! Me hate the spider!
    • I'm happy with the Spider >_<
    We lack stuff like:
    • Yes. I don't hate the spider but I'd prefer the horse.
    • Yes. We should be able to swap other stuff of the pack like the pet too.
    • Yes. Cryptic/PW should have allowed us to choose the mount (and/or pet).
    • No. I hate the spider but I don't mind.
    • No! I hate horses!! (I may like/dislike the spider)
    • No. The packs are fine as they are.
    • No. You knew what you were paying for.
    • No. The spider costs more than a horse and would devaluate the Hero pack.
    • I don't care.
    edited February 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    We have:
    • Yes! Me hate the spider!
    • I'm happy with the Spider >_<
    We lack stuff like:
    • Yes. I don't hate the spider but I'd prefer the horse.
    • Yes. We should be able to swap other stuff of the pack like the pet too.
    • Yes. Cryptic/PW should have allowed us to choose the mount (and/or pet).
    • No. I hate the spider but I don't mind.
    • No! I hate horses!! (I may like/dislike the spider)
    • No. The packs are fine as they are.
    • No. You knew what you were paying for.
    • No. The spider costs more than a horse and would devaluate the Hero pack.
    • I don't care.

Buy the 1 million pound mansion and get a Fiat Punto

But the cheap 10 pound hovel and get a top of the line Mercedes...

They give a cool mount with the cheap pack and a spider with the expensive pack, i don't know about others but im a big medieval and fantasy fan, I want to look like a knight riding a plate armoured horse, a spider imo is wrong, silly and looks jut weird for a mount, horse > Spider anyday.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    horselover!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Buy the 1 million pound mansion and get a Fiat Punto

But the cheap 10 pound hovel and get a top of the line Mercedes...

They give a cool mount with the cheap pack and a spider with the expensive pack, i don't know about others but im a big medieval and fantasy fan, I want to look like a knight riding a plate armoured horse, a spider imo is wrong, silly and looks jut weird for a mount, horse > Spider anyday.

While you may prefer the aesthetics of the horse, it is more a question of uniqueness. There are going to be dozens of horses in the game, and most will look exactly alike save for their skin. At level 20, for example, you can get a horse for 1 gold. Almost every level 20 player is going to be riding a horse, and your armoured one would not stand out much.

While there will no doubt be other spider mounts than the armoured one, I would bet they will be expensive and probably only be available at higher levels. This gives the armoured spider mount some amount of prestige. You will stand out in crowds and that is why it is in the more expensive pack.
  • keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Now that is disturbing.
  • kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    Pretty funny this thread...
    You can buy a great amount of horses ingame but i havent seen ANY spider mount ingame for sale yet so STAY OFF the pack plz
  • prootwaddleprootwaddle Member Posts: 226 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    The armoured spider is very appropriate for the player character drow race you get in the Founder's pack.

It will probably be better than the armoured mount in some in-game manner as well.

Superhero stories, done well, are about modern archetypes.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
  • firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't recall reading about any drow actually riding spiders in D&D. Giant lizards, yes.

Know who rides spiders? Duergar.
  • noolidnerdnoolidnerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    You can simply buy an armored horse for all the gems that come with the Founder's pack. With that many gems you could probably buy 400 armored horses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    noolidnerd wrote: »
    You can simply buy an armored horse for all the gems that come with the Founder's pack. With that many gems you could probably buy 400 armored horses.

Actually, no. You'd need to buy three Hero of the North packs to afford a single level 60 armored horse buyable with astral diamonds.
    edited February 2013
    I don't recall reading about any drow actually riding spiders in D&D. Giant lizards, yes.

Know who rides spiders? Duergar.

This is D&D4 - Drow can ride spiders because it is cool.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
    edited February 2013
    This is D&D4 - Drow can ride spiders because it is cool.

Thank goodness. I was worried that this thread might go without any 4th edition bashing. Glad to see you're on top of things!
  • kingslayer74kingslayer74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 75
    edited February 2013

You do realize that 1) the devs have way more important things to get done before the launch of the game than this and 2) that you'll probably be able to buy a similar-looking armored horse once the game goes live for cheaper than what it would cost the dev team to do what you are asking of them and 3) as others have said...if you want the armored horse that badly then just buy the Guardian pack.
    edited February 2013
    Glad to see you're on top of things!

Isn't that the way you are supposed to ride a giant spider?

• jalex4jalex4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agree with the OP that the spider is a bit of an eyesore. Bearing in mind the jaw-dropping price of the top pack, I’m surprised that some sort of choice wasn’t on offer (or that higher packs don’t include the lower packs).
  • noolidnerdnoolidnerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Actually, no. You'd need to buy three Hero of the North packs to afford a single level 60 armored horse buyable with astral diamonds.
    Where did you find this information? PC gamer is giving away Armored horses for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]