test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(RP) Thieves Guild! (Not just for thieves though)

2»

Comments

• ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ShadowTitle.jpg

Sorry for the lack of updates these last few days!

SHADOW CAMPAIGN GUIDE
    I've been busy with an earlier promise: to provide a D&D style "campaign guide" for SHADOW that introduces players and dungeon masters to our guild and campaign. I've very much tried to take inspiration from the actual Neverwinter Campaign Guide.

Here is a sample of the PDF I am working on (full color PDF):

SHADOW - Campaign Guide

A few notes about this, first of all this is just a snapshot of the first chapter, the entire breadth of the guide includes:

History of SHADOW
    - Details about our lore within Neverwinter

Neverwinter & SHADOW
    - SHADOW's interaction and relation with the famous entities in Neverwinter right now, including Dead Rats, the Uthgardt, Pack, the Red Wizards & Thay, Ashmodai and Helm's Hold. This is very basic and mostly there to aid plot hooks for DMs.

SHADOW Structure
    - Divisional Structure
    - Code of Conduct
    - Daily Events

Player's Guide
    - Character Concepts
    - Plot Hooks

DM's Guide
    - NPCs
    - Plot Hooks

Recruitment & Allies
    - Our recruitment strategy and methods, and the various alliances we share with other guilds in the game.

Resources
    - Links to our web resources, chat server, voice server, as well as links to our wiki and module library, as well as Took's podcast and other resources we have we want players to know about.

It will include a full index at the end (Word does this for me automatically) and I'll keep it updated.

IMPORTANT: I am in the process of contacting the DeviantArt artists I used for many of the images, to get permission to use the art work. So please don't distribute this around or usurp the art work. I am working on getting permission and providing full accreditation. If we don't get it, we'll remove the artwork before the PDF is completed.

If YOU are an artist and have suitable artwork and don't mind a single 25 dollar usage fee (we'll only use it for this guide and provide credit and links to your work in the document), we'd love to hear from you.

I'd love feedback about this. In particular, as I work on the pieces the weave SHADOW in with actual Neverwinter lore, I'd love a solid set of eyes to ensure I am not violating canon anywhere.

I'd also like to highlight two previous initiatives:

SHADOW RECRUITMENT VIDEO
    The first is our fun, short recruitment video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCE-8L69vYo We've had some good feedback on this!

Finally, I took the first pass at our guild history and lore on our own private Wiki: SHADOW - Lore & History

The idea is that we're trying to create a variety of plot hooks for our aspiring dungeon masters to latch onto. So our lore will evolve and enrich as our modules and campaign start to grow.

DAILY RP EVENTS
    Finally we're working on a DAILY schedule of events. Essentially SHADOW will either participate in, or host some kind of RP event every day. Our European contingent is slowly start to grow, if we can reach a decent size with it, we'll host some events on European time as well.

Our forums are getting busier and new assets come online soon (including our voice server)

Lots going on! Won't you please join us? Click the link below to learn more and submit an application:

SHADOW - Web Portal
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • typhoid242typhoid242 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I lift my hat to you sir!
    The campaign guide is really nice reading.
  • russellgustorussellgusto Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Great guide!!!
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Great guide!!!

Thanks! It still needs work, but part of my task this week is to augment the guide even more. So stay tuned for updates.

I also took some video, so we'll cobble together another small "commercial" for our RP efforts and campaign.

As the beta window winds down, I found myself not wanting to press too deeply in the game, so as to keep it nice and fresh for the actual launch. It is very clear to me though, NWO is an excellent RP vehicle and that the fellow members of SHADOW are a special group indeed.

We're not "hard core", we love to RP and we're very creative, but there's also a genuine sense of family among us. It seems to be about friendship first and foremost and I am very, very pleased to see that.

More updates later this week!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!