test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for Chaotic Neutral aligned guild...

heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
Hello, I'm a future Drow rogue or wizard searching for an RP guild. I'm not really interested in a do-gooders guild, and I am not interested in a chaotic evil guild, mainly because evil doesn't work very well in this type of setting. (It's hard to be an evil drow when you're required to go out and save everyone :() I could deal with neutral evil though, alittle bit easier to pass off.

What I am looking for is a guild of opportunists...your classic thieves guild or merc guild. For those familiar with Jarlaxle's Bregan D'aerthe, that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

It doesn't need to be a Drow only guild, but I'd like to find something that is moderate to heavy RP, and plans to use the Foundry for some good RP and storytelling. I plan to work on some adventures in the Foundry, and plan to try and adapt some scenarios I've DMd in the past.

I've browsed through a lot of the guilds listed here the past few days, and nothing has really stood out as a good chaotic neutral RP guild, so if anyone is out there please drop me a message.
Post edited by heathenhammer9 on

Comments

• underdarkhunterunderdarkhunter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Might try looking at Zinzerena's Zealotry, it might fit what you are looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I checked them out, not really what I'm looking for though. I'll be playing a male Drow, and while they aren't Lolth worshipers, they're still RPing followers of a matriarchal goddess, who is chaotic evil.
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just FYI, 4E doesn't have "Chaotic Neutral." That doesn't mean you can't play it, of course. I'm just noting that players who are coming to the game from 4E are thinking in terms of only 5 alignments: Lawful Good, Good, Unaligned, Evil, and Chaotic Evil.

In 4E, your Drow is "Unaligned." You may find this helpful when talking to prospective guilds.
  • heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Thanks, I appreciate the clarification, I still use 3.5, never bothered even looking into 4e due to all the negative reviews. I feel like Neverwinter is going to be a very 'niche' game; most of the people who are actively following it are probably people that grew up with it like I did, or younger people who got hooked in 3 - 3.5, so alignment should be something people are familiar with. The alignment spectrum is also used in all the other D20 games I've played, so it's not necessarily confined to D&D.

Alignment isn't even in the game though, so it's strictly for roleplay purposes and Foundry purposes, and I'd be willing to bet anyone who roleplays knows what the standard alignments are;).

For anyone interested, there is a Neutral (Chaotic/Lawful) thieves guild in the works by Ryger5, here is his post: Thieves Guild , or visit Thieves Guild mmo RP site. This guild is not limited to thieves, and neutral evil tends to work well in this style of guild also (imo).