test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stealth bug?

silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Stealth should be a viable way to sneak through an area. Instead, I found that as soon as I stealthed that mobs I was focused on that had not detected me aggro'd on me. The aggro seemed to be placed on hold while I was stealthed, but even though I was out of line of site inside a building when I unstealthed they came running in after me. And this was from outside the normal range within which they should have detected me. This was the case any time I entered Stealth while my reticle was over a group of enemies.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Stealth only lasts 5 - 10 seconds, anyway --- seems impossible to get past any spawn if you start outside aggro range and expect to get out of aggro range on the other side.

Stealth --- at least as I've seen it so far --- seems to be more for use IN combat. Which is a nice change of pace; other games, you specifically cannot use stealth in combat. Here, though, stealth is just a mechanic to avoid being attacked (while stealthed) and to set up other powers / do more raw damage.

That said, I -would- like a longer-duration "exploration stealth"... it's a bit tedious to have to fight through foes I don't NEED to fight. As it is, I sometimes just ride my horse through the area --- so far I haven't been knocked from my horse and only took a little ranged damage before I was out of aggro range and the foes gave up. But I hate potentially "training" a horde of foes onto other players with this tactic.

Some of my best rogue memories are of sneaking around, exploring in hostile territory and ~not~ fighting (since to do so would be to get monkey-stomped).
  • Options
    yggytreeyggytree Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    Must be a stealth thing, because I know that if I was not in the enemy line-of-sight, detection area, I was not attacked. On my Cleric.