test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

<Epoch Gaming> Australian & West Coast US based gaming guild. GMT +10

taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
General Information

Main Focus
  • Australian & West Coast US late night gaming (alternatively, anyone on a GMT+10 timezone)
  • Competitive Endgame PvP & PvE - High
  • Be reliable and attentitive (inactive for 10 days results in a gkick unless notified on forums)
  • Mature age 18+
  • Mumble VoIP
  • No drama queens
  • Multi Gaming community
  • Dragon Server
  • FAQ
  • Future Focus Program
  • <Epoch Gaming> website

Class Requirement

As of 28/4/13, we have a need for the following classes:
  • Guardian Fighter - Very High
  • Great Weapon Fighter - High
  • Trickster Rouge - Medium
  • Control Wizard - Low
  • Devoted Cleric - Very Low

Guild Description

We love gaming. It is not a hobby or something we do to waste time or use as a time filler. We spend a large chunk of our time playing games every chance we get. So please, bare that in mind when applying because if you consider yourself to be a casual gamer by time spent playing, you may feel left out here.

Our future focus is simple. Neverwinter is the next game in our list of games we intend to play of a more serious nature. We will complete all the game has to offer before moving on to The Elder Scrolls Online where we will repeat the same process before moving on to Archeage. This of course is assuming the games in question are worth playing also. Why do we do this? MMORPG's today are not designed to keep people playing for extended periods of time any more and as the years go by, more and more are being released on a yearly basis turning peoples attention to them as they come out. This is a guild leaders nightmare trying to keep everyone interested in your community when people want to always move on to the next peice of heaven. So, to help try and keep everyone interested in logging in to Epoch Gaming and playing with famaliar faces and people, we have chosen to adapt and we strive to complete all the current content the game has to offer before moving on to that next game.

While most guilds will zerg recruit you with the aim of bums in slots, we prefer quaility over quantity and we are willing to go that extra mile to find it and look after our players who not only respect us as players, but also people.

Winning = content = see all that the game has to offer = FUN!!!! Many people have different ways to determine what is fun to them and how they achieve that level of satisfaction whether it is in game or real life is up to them, but for us here in Epoch, fun for us in game is simply, winning. Let's be honest with ourselves, no one enjoys losing, no one enjoys getting face stomped, no one enjoys being on the receiving end of a thrashing. That is why we choose to be on the cutting edge of progression and we take the bull by the horns when it comes to the competitive nature of it.
Post edited by taemekeg on

Comments

• taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I'd just like to add that our future games that we have planned to play are Archeage and Everquest Next. These are the next two major release titles we have planned to be involved in, however, there is alot of small titles that are on our website that are due to come out in the future too that we will be involved in on a smaller scale also.

For more information, check out our website.
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    We have also added The Elder Scrolls Online in our list to accomplish also.

If you have any further questions or require additional information, come check out the website.

Cheers.
    edited February 2013
    We have a few open slots left for mainly DPS and possibly another Tank.
    edited March 2013
    Still looking for interested parties for Neverwinter with the aim of moving to TESO and ArcheAge.
    edited April 2013
    I am giving up with these forums due to the lack of support with these forums and issues when creating posts makes it very hard to update your OP that I just can't be bothered anymore.

Anyone interested in a place that takes their gaming seriously and is active on a nightly basis, come check us out.
    edited April 2013
    We are looking to run 2 hardcore 5 man groups for Neverwinter.

We have Tank and Healer slot filled for one group, just need some serious, dedicated and hardcore DPS for it with the aim of end game content. Players who strive for success, loyalty and perfection need only apply, no social life prefered.

We have also added a FAQ section on the website for people to get a quicker feeling and understanding of what kind of guild Epoch Gaming is.

Feel free to ask any further questions.
    edited April 2013
    Updated the website with a FAQ and introduced our Future Focus Program.

For more information, check out the website.
    edited April 2013
    Calling all Oceanic players to arms.

We still have a few slots open for serious gamers only. No social life prefered.
    edited April 2013
    Looking for a dedicated Trickster Rouge + Great Weapon Fighter for a full time group.

Check out the site for more info.
    edited April 2013
    If you are a serious player looking for a serious guild, come check us out.

We have zero tolerance for bs and drama, we only want serious gamers who thrive on success and perfection.
  • chattsychattsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Am interested. I'm an Aussy. Not into any of that airy fairy roll playing BS. Only interested in playing to win - that being either PvE or PVP. Considering I haven't played with you guys before, I'm not too interested in signing up on any forums but come release I'd like to have a game with yas. If the group/guild turns out to be decent I'd be more than keen to sign up/join etc. Which of the 3 servers/shards is the guild planning to play on?
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sounds sort of appealing but do you guys joke around at all or is it all serious business?
    edited April 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    sounds sort of appealing but do you guys joke around at all or is it all serious business?

We are not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> elitests, however, we joke around. When it is time to get serious, we don't mess around.

At the end of the day we expect people to know thier stuff and be self suffcient when it comes to the understanding of thier class and the ability to gather itemization outside of a group environment that helps them become better within a group environment.

Not interested in bs or drama or peoples real life problems or issues, we all have those. We come to MMORPG's to get away from the stress involved with real life and we want progression, not a circle jerk. Ever found yourself with nothing to do bored jumping around in circles in the center of town? Yeah, we try to avoid that.

Plenty of mum jokes to go around.
    edited April 2013
    chattsy wrote: »
    Am interested. I'm an Aussy. Not into any of that airy fairy roll playing BS. Only interested in playing to win - that being either PvE or PVP. Considering I haven't played with you guys before, I'm not too interested in signing up on any forums but come release I'd like to have a game with yas. If the group/guild turns out to be decent I'd be more than keen to sign up/join etc. Which of the 3 servers/shards is the guild planning to play on?

I didn't really think it would matter what server we rolled on given they will all be linked anyway so we were going to make that decision on day of release.

However, I might make a post on the discussion forums to see where majority of the Australian population will be rolling again.
    edited April 2013
    Still looking for a dedicated Trickster Rogue and Great Weapon Fighter.

Also, started up a post to try and funnel the Oceanic player base and people who play in this time zone to one server. Can be found here.
    edited April 2013
    Don't miss out on a chance to be a part of a great team focused environment. We don't zerg recruit, so check us out while we still have some slots left.

Also, our requirements will change now that raiding content has been confirmed.
    edited April 2013
    As of the confirmation about raid content being added to the game, we will be opening up recruitment for end game raiding slots to those who are interested in joining us for end game progression.

Until they fully release what kind of numbers will be required to raid, we will assume that there will not be anything bigger then 20 man raids so we will focus around a core team of 22 - 25 players.

Check out the website for more information.
    edited April 2013
    Updated the OP with server destination which will be Dragon Server on release.
  • hbcbandit007hbcbandit007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sounds interesting. I haven't decided if I will be maining a TR or CW yet though....
  • chattsychattsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the server update Taemekeg. Am keen to have a run with you guys on release. Like HBC, am undecided on TR or CW. I have the 5 day release (as the result of a late night drunken purchase), so might give them both a run. Hopefully I'm able to get in touch with Epoch once you're in.
  • rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I think I remember you guys from rift or some such but as for Neverwinter I will be rolling on dragon server as a GWF human. To be honest I'm not sure how much I'll be playing enough, it's not that I'm not into this game(I'm jonesing for the launch) or don't have the time but if ill be hardcore end-gaming it (which is what your guild seems to be geared towards) however if I do maintain my enthusiasm up to and including the endgame I'll probably chuck a guild app your way if that's cool.
    edited April 2013
    Sounds interesting. I haven't decided if I will be maining a TR or CW yet though....
    chattsy wrote: »
    Thanks for the server update Taemekeg. Am keen to have a run with you guys on release. Like HBC, am undecided on TR or CW. I have the 5 day release (as the result of a late night drunken purchase), so might give them both a run. Hopefully I'm able to get in touch with Epoch once you're in.

No problem at all guys, we have plenty of DPS slots open now due to gearing for end game raiding and group based dungeon running, so shoot me a PM in game over the weekend and we will go from there.

rojor wrote: »
    I think I remember you guys from rift or some such but as for Neverwinter I will be rolling on dragon server as a GWF human. To be honest I'm not sure how much I'll be playing enough, it's not that I'm not into this game(I'm jonesing for the launch) or don't have the time but if ill be hardcore end-gaming it (which is what your guild seems to be geared towards) however if I do maintain my enthusiasm up to and including the endgame I'll probably chuck a guild app your way if that's cool.

No problem, let us know how you go.
    edited April 2013
    Up we go.

Still looking for more consistent players.
  • tehmooshtehmoosh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had asked a question about what "hardcore" means for Epoch, but found the answer in your forums...

"We will be aiming high towards the cutting edge of progression and we want to be some of the first people to achieve some server firsts. As most of you know, it is quite a feat for Oceanic based players to achieve server firsts on US based servers and as such, we want people who are dedicated, loyal and driven for this achievement."
    edited April 2013
    tehmoosh wrote: »
    I had asked a question about what "hardcore" means for Epoch, but found the answer in your forums...

"We will be aiming high towards the cutting edge of progression and we want to be some of the first people to achieve some server firsts. As most of you know, it is quite a feat for Oceanic based players to achieve server firsts on US based servers and as such, we want people who are dedicated, loyal and driven for this achievement."

Wrong, that is our goal.

We define hardcore simply by time spent playing. Casual to us is 10 hours a week, where hardcore would be 40+ hours. In saying that we don't expect someone to be able to play 40+ hours a week. All we are saying is, that if you are a casual player and can't log in enough to keep up with us, then you might not like it here. We have had drama started in the past due to this, even though as you can see we go in to great detail on what we are about, people still don't read it, then get butt hurt when they are left behind.

We have some people who reroll alts and hang out with the slower leveling people, but some people simply feel the need to be catered too, and thats not what we are about unfortunately.
    edited April 2013
    Epoch Gaming will be rolling on Dragon Server tonight and be avialable to join after the game comes up.

For those who are Guardians and awaiting Open Beta release in 3 and 5 days respectively, shoot myself, Zoonotic or Rampager a PM in game for an invite when you get on.

Cheers everyone and hope you have fun playing D&D: Neverwinter.
  • zoorenazoorena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The guild is now active on the Dragon server send a tell to Zoonotic or Taemek for an invite
    edited April 2013
    Still seeking some more loyal and dedicated players.

Jump on and check us out.
    edited April 2013
    I trust everyone is enjoying the game thus far?

Come check out Epoch Gaming if you are looking for a active guild with consistant players and focus.
  • fgfghfjkhfkfffgfghfjkhfkff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey there, I'm not in from AUS, but I've seen 1-3 people from your guild running around and was wondering if I'd be able to hop in. I'm a TR 56, and tired of not being able to run any dungeons....I've literally run 0 dungeon runs since every 40+ is in a guild. If you guys don't mind me joining let me know. I'll probably hit 58-60 before I call it a night and I don't want to miss out on the epic runs. Thanks.