test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Guardian Fighter was bugged, but I still have comments.

zanarkheneldzanarkheneld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
I just wanted to give some feedback on what little bit I played the Guardian Fighter. Mine was totally bugged after level 10 or so. I couldn't change out my At Will powers at all. It would tell me I couldn't slot my at will power in an at will slot, and would only let me slot the first two ones I got. I had the same problem with potions. The only potions it would let me slot in the hot keys were the first ones I got in the game that auto went in that slot. Because of these bugs, I only played till level 12 before rolling something else since I couldn't even slot my at will taunts.

However... I did get to do some of the content and even tanked for two runs of Orc Assault. The first run I was the only tank. I love how easy it was to hold aggro. I found it easy to tank for the team even at level 10 or 11, which is something I find nearly impossible to do at this level in other games. At first I thought the big self heal (the first daily you get, I think, can't remember the name) was OP, but after tanking for a full group, I see it was totally necessary. It's kind of an "I win" button in solo play, but I imagine this class is designed with group play in mind. It also might be less of an I win later when the difficulty ramps up. I wish I hadn't bugged out and had been able to play more and really get a feel for the class later on as well. Oh well, maybe next beta.

The one complaint I have is the armor skins for my female character. There were cutouts in my plate armor all over the place. Namely over the organs a Guardian Fighter needs covered (heart, kidneys, lungs, intestines... everything pretty much). It looked stupid. I wanted to look like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fighter and ended up looking like a weird courtesan. It was ridiculous and terribly immersion breaking. Please, please, please fix this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zanarkheneld on

Comments

• Options
    arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Mine was totally bugged after level 10 or so. I couldn't change out my At Will powers at all. It would tell me I couldn't slot my at will power in an at will slot, and would only let me slot the first two ones I got.

That was not a bug, just a terribly explained concept. The game never tells you that Shield Slam and Stab replace Tide of Iron and Cleave while blocking. In short, when you hold shift, they become your At-Will powers - you do not slot them. Cryptic really needs to make this clear because I thought it was a bug, too, until someone explained it to me.
  • Options
    zanarkheneldzanarkheneld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    arythor wrote: »
    That was not a bug, just a terribly explained concept. The game never tells you that Shield Slam and Stab replace Tide of Iron and Cleave while blocking. In short, when you hold shift, they become your At-Will powers - you do not slot them. Cryptic really needs to make this clear because I thought it was a bug, too, until someone explained it to me.

Oh wow. Thanks for clearing that up. They really do need to make that clearer. I understood the at wills worked like that on the cleric I rolled after.

It still doesn't explain why I couldn't slot potions in my hotbar, though. I could not slot the potions I got from the bounty vendor in Blacklake. I didn't have any trouble slotting them on my other characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Eventually, you DO get additional at-will options. One, for example, is a single target main weapon attack which self-heals on the third hit and if you down a foe. I was able to eventually slot this. But, like you, I could not figure out what was going on for several levels.
  • Options
    raven0akraven0ak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The one complaint I have is the armor skins for my female character. There were cutouts in my plate armor all over the place. Namely over the organs a Guardian Fighter needs covered (heart, kidneys, lungs, intestines... everything pretty much). It looked stupid. I wanted to look like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fighter and ended up looking like a weird courtesan. It was ridiculous and terribly immersion breaking. Please, please, please fix this.

its sad to say but 19 out of 20 mmo has this "feature" agree there is extremely rubbish idea, think worst example can say is AION, one heavy set there in fact. Was frigging night-gala suit to _tank_ in rather than heavy armor.I know armor skins were well customisable there but still, base design was so unfitting for armor type. I do hope cryptic does something for "sex over anything else" issue and makes femine armor sets cover well enough for armors purpose. I mean come on target group should not be horny teen-age boys after all.
  • Options
    eeynoeeyno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    raven0ak wrote: »
    its sad to say but 19 out of 20 mmo has this "feature" agree there is extremely rubbish idea, think worst example can say is AION, one heavy set there in fact. Was frigging night-gala suit to _tank_ in rather than heavy armor.I know armor skins were well customisable there but still, base design was so unfitting for armor type. I do hope cryptic does something for "sex over anything else" issue and makes femine armor sets cover well enough for armors purpose. I mean come on target group should not be horny teen-age boys after all.

I wonder if female dwarfs cover them selves up better. :P
  • Options
    pyliathebreezepyliathebreeze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Its come to my mind that several people -- women in fact, my girlfriend being one -- prefer the open armor, this is a fantasy in pixels people, not LARP Alliance or Amtgard, if the devs want to make skimpy armor because the majority of their audience doesn't care one way or the other what does it matter? Half of the complaints I've seen end in "I guess I'm going back to DDO" so, why are you knocking a mainstream game that's not even claiming to be a D&D-based game, it is after all INSPIRED from a very specific ruleset and campaign setting.

I've played D&D, DDO, and several other games. DDO to me was nothing more than a mindless grind for absolutely nothing, hell I enjoyed D&D Daggerdale more than DDO and its a bargain bin game. For whatever reason, many of you came here expecting a True-to-rule game from Cryptic Games, the creators of City of Heros, Champions Online and Star Trek Online, and Perfect World Entertainment, who is a Korean based Developer/Publisher. You knew there would be excessive liberties taken (And this armor is by far the mildest I've seen from a Korean Published game in ages), and if its approved by Wizards of the Coast AND Salvatore, why are you complaining exactly? Enjoy it for what it is, an interactive piece of art submitted for a certain audience's desire to see it.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One major quibble I had with the Guardian Fighter was there seems to be a slight delay between stopping blocking and being able to attack normally. Usually I've found that after I stop blocking and try to resume my normal attacks, I actually end up still doing the stab over the shield attack instead, because my character onscreen hasn't actually lowered his shield quite yet. For a game that is meant to be action combat this feels really clunky and needs to be much more responsive.
  • Options
    acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited March 2013
    For whatever reason, many of you came here expecting a True-to-rule game from Cryptic Games, the creators of City of Heros, Champions Online and Star Trek Online, and Perfect World Entertainment, who is a Korean based Developer/Publisher. You knew there would be excessive liberties taken (And this armor is by far the mildest I've seen from a Korean Published game in ages)
    Perfect World Entertainment is the United States subsidiary of Perfect World, and it's not clear how much input the parent company has on US game design. They probably exercise some directorial oversight, because the US-based Star Trek Online is Perfect World's most profitable game, more than all their Asian MMOs. But we don't know the extent of it.

However, Perfect World is a Chinese company, with global headquarters in Beijing. Before they changed the parent company's name, it was originally called Beijing Perfect World. Korea has nothing to do with this. They don't play Korean MMOs in China. They play Chinese MMOs in China. And World of Warcraft, but everyone plays World of Warcraft.

Speaking as a Chinese guy who grew up on Chinese TV, movies and folklore before ever even hearing about D&D, I can tell you that China has virtually zero cultural tradition of female fighters in heavy armour. There's plenty of female heroines in popular culture, myth and legend - they're all agile martial artists, mystics and swordswomen in robes.