test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alt tabbing (a different issue)

tonyvztonyvz Member Posts: 41 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Yesterday I made it to a high enough level that I got my first companion. I chose a wizard, and when I bound the item, I got prompted for a name. At that point, not really ready to think of a good name off the bat, I alt-tabbed out to my browser and googled good wizard names or something like that. I found one I liked and alt-tabbed back to the game.

At that point, I still had the wizard name dialog box on the screen and could type in the text box prompting for the name. I had, however, lost the cursor and couldn't click the OK or Cancel button. Tab didn't help either. When I moved my mouse around, it was moving the camera around behind the dialog box. I couldn't really do anything though, not even turn, since all keyboard input was going into the textbox in the wizard's name prompt. I couldn't quit the game to log back in because, again, if I tried to type /quit, it would go in the wizard's name edit box. Escape didn't work, Enter didn't work, I was completely stuck with the mouse controlling the camera and the keyboard bound to the textbox in the wizard name dialog box. Eventually I had to use task manager to kill the game.

I also submitted an in-game bug report for the issue. Edit: Okay, I tried to submit an in-game but report, but it apparently timed out wait on a response from the server, so this is pretty much it.