test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No evil gods

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shurafay wrote: »
    mmmm............... well..... Tempus................ emm........................... *put a barbarian helmet* TEMPUUUUS!!!

nothing is something XD
    The thing is Tempus is lover of Beeshaba, So if you worship him, you can RP to say that as Tempus is greater god, in actuality you worship Beeshbha and not Tempus, who is the consort of Tempus and works with/under him.

So kind of you say you worship Tempus, as he is gg, but your prayers are for Beeshabha.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Anyway I don't like that there is not option to choose a chaotic or evil god.
    Tempus is a Chaotic Neutral God. Tempus is God of Battle and War.

Currently they support only devout Cleric. However if they give support for Battle Cleric in future then I'll make a Tempus Warpriest.
  • tehvaldrtehvaldr Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    LOOOOL I like your thinking ...

Anyway I don't like that there is not option to choose a chaotic or evil god.

Unfortunately in 4E there doesn't seem to be a proper (non evil) god of chaos, one that embodies freedom, revolution, wanderlust, lies. Where is Shaundakul? :cool:

The closest we get is Selune with her female dominated religion :(
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Where is Avandra
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
    edited February 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Where is Avandra
    Knock knock! You are in wrong realms. This is 4e FR.
    tehvaldr wrote: »
    The closest we get is Selune with her female dominated religion :(
    Don't judge her. You don't know her!
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Tempus is a Chaotic Neutral God.
    In 4e he is Unaligned.
    4e does not have "Neutral" as alignment.
  • shurafayshurafay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tempus is a Chaotic Neutral God. Tempus is God of Battle and War.

Currently they support only devout Cleric. However if they give support for Battle Cleric in future then I'll make a Tempus Warpriest.

Yes, but I use rogue or explorer, Tempus dosen't match with that class. I hope that over time more gods inserted.
    edited February 2013
    Yes, but I use rogue or explorer, Tempus dosen't match with that class. I hope that over time more gods inserted.
    For rogue/explorer, Chautea+Halfling combo is best.

Worshipping chauntea means you also worship Brandobaris automatically, who is the one you are looking for.

This is because Brandobaris is Exarch of Sheela which means worshpping Brandobaris=worshipping Sheela.

Sheela is a goddess so she does not have to share her worship with Chauntea but they are on very good terms like daughter-mother, so she does share it. Hence worshipping Sheela=Worshipping Chauntea.
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »

Uff... halfling...... *shudder* Elf please.... nah, In this list... Silvanus is fine for me.
    edited February 2013

Worshipping chauntea means you also worship Brandobaris automatically, who is the one you are looking for.

This is because Brandobaris is Exarch of Sheela which means worshpping Brandobaris=worshipping Sheela.

Sheela is a goddess so she does not have to share her worship with Chauntea but they are on very good terms like daughter-mother, so she does share it. Hence worshipping Sheela=Worshipping Chauntea.
    You should get a GURU award. I mean it positively I learn a lot from you in these forums:).
    edited February 2013

Don't judge her. You don't know her!

I know she is not worthy of my worship if she favors one gender over the other :cool:
    edited February 2013
    Uff... halfling...... *shudder* Elf please.... nah, In this list... Silvanus is fine for me.

For elves it is simple. All the worship goes to Corellon, whoever you worship. You can for example, worship Erevan Ilesere - however, being an elf of the court of Corellon, your worhip to Erevan will automatically go to Corellon.
    edited February 2013
    I know she is not worthy of my worship if she favors one gender over the other :cool:

She doesn't. She goes for equality but teaches female empowerment as status of woman in the Realms is not equal to men. Hence she empowers them so they become economically independent like men.

Also equality and freedom is part of her dogma. So
    *puts on morose makeup*
    "Don't judge her! You don't know her!"
    edited February 2013
    For elves it is simple. All the worship goes to Corellon, whoever you worship. You can for example, worship Erevan Ilesere - however, being an elf of the court of Corellon, your worhip to Erevan will automatically go to Corellon.

Yeah.... I have not thought of that, it's fine. You have a good memory for details. Normally I don't think in Corellon, defect of play with vhaeroun servant in 3.5. Sniff.... but they killed him.
    edited February 2013
    Yeah.... I have not thought of that, it's fine. You have a good memory for details. Normally I don't think in Corellon, defect of play with vhaeroun servant in 3.5. Sniff.... but they killed him.

You can just click on the link in my sig (All about deities) for more details. Its an extensive list and include all valid deities.
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Gods tend to be quite mortal in the D&D universe....
    Always getting killed and stuff..
    edited February 2013
    You can just click on the link in my sig (All about deities) for more details. Its an extensive list and include all valid deities.
    Oh, I see. Cool, I saved your list. Thanks!
    Gods tend to be quite mortal in the D&D universe....
    Always getting killed and stuff..

Yeah... that pity
    edited February 2013
    She doesn't. She goes for equality but teaches female empowerment as status of woman in the Realms is not equal to men. Hence she empowers them so they become economically independent like men.

Also equality and freedom is part of her dogma. So
    *puts on morose makeup*
    "Don't judge her! You don't know her!"

I guess that's true

Dogma: "Let all on whom Selune's light falls be welcome if they desire. As the silver moon waxes and wanes, so too does life. Trust in Selune's radiance, and know that all love alive under her light shall know her blessing. Turn to the moon, and she will be your true guide. Promote acceptance and tolerance. See all other beings as equals. Aid fellow Selunites as if they were your dearest friend."

Still the spheres of her plane are truly unappealing: Selune (moon) Tymora (god luck) Sune (love) Lliira (joy) Sharess [cats (duh)]

I much prefer Silvanus and Deep Wilds with its very varied pantheon :cool: (both good and evil deities)
    edited February 2013
    I am a male and I usually play characters that are male. I think we should avoid Loth worshippers at all cost. Loth the spider goddess is one of the most evil and wicked deities and Chaotic Evil. You know what happens with many male spiders after they mate with the female spider in nature? All I am saying Loth is the the cult you should fear if you don't like female domination.

I don't think cryptic has license to Loth yet at least. Cryptic also want us to play good/neutral characters so that is why I guess no evil deities available as for worship for players at least officially.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought along time ago they had said that they weren't doing evil alignments, because it wouldn't make sense for evil aligned people helping neverwinter (as per the story). Which is why I'm assuming there won't be any evil gods. Not because they're demonic and well evil. If you think about it, if you worshiped Asmodeus you'd be more inclined to work with the ashmadai to destroy neverwinter.
    edited February 2013
    ...I don't think cryptic has license to Loth yet at least. Cryptic also want us to play good/neutral characters so that is why I guess no evil deities available as for worship for players at least officially.

They have license to lolth and can probably get anything they want from WotC because WotC really wants this game to succeed. They have made it clear that WotC has high hopes from NW's future and DDO's present.
    edited February 2013
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    I thought along time ago they had said that they weren't doing evil alignments, because it wouldn't make sense for evil aligned people helping neverwinter (as per the story). Which is why I'm assuming there won't be any evil gods. Not because they're demonic and well evil. If you think about it, if you worshiped Asmodeus you'd be more inclined to work with the ashmadai to destroy neverwinter.

Makes sense, but they need to change some backgrounds then, like shadovar elite
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    And even if they do add factions later, who says they have to be evil? Without going into real-world politics, political entities of nominally "good" alignment can be on opposite sides of issues they both find very important. Leave the "evil" factions for NPCs or "monster play"; let's have factions who are both right. WoW did it. STO did it. It can be done.

I disagree heartily. City of Heroes had good and bad guys and eventually shades of grey. And it worked. It can be done. It SHOULD be done. More creative freedom = larger and happier player base.

I for one really would like to play a negative energy using battle cleric with harm and cause serious wounds.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    ysil6969 wrote: »

But look at Herzgo Alegni. He "helps" the people of Neverwinter, but isn't exactly a "good guy".

I think evil aligned players can still fit in Neverwinter. Being evil doesn't necessarily mean going on a destroy-everything-path. Specially when there's a crazed lich elf that still needs to be dealt with . . . among other "evil" competitors all vying for control over Neverwinter.
    edited February 2013
    It would be all fine if they include "Hidden" option in deity. Makes sense as evil people would not like to flaunt their deity. So they can add the lines in their Biography about the deity they want.
  • drowessdrowess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Was there an official statement that there would be no evil deities? I find it hard to believe that they won't have them. I just assumed since it is beta, they hadn't added them like with other stuff. I just can't imagine being a drow in the forgotten realms universe and not being able to follow Lolth. And I will probably want a refund for the founder's pack if that is the case.
  • underdarkhunterunderdarkhunter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    drowess wrote: »
    Was there an official statement that there would be no evil deities? I find it hard to believe that they won't have them. I just assumed since it is beta, they hadn't added them like with other stuff. I just can't imagine being a drow in the forgotten realms universe and not being able to follow Lolth. And I will probably want a refund for the founder's pack if that is the case.

I agree , as someone who plans on joining or making a drow themed guild , no evil gods option dose't sit well with me. Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 had all the gods as options in it. It feels very restrictive if they are not added.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I agree , as someone who plans on joining or making a drow themed guild , no evil gods option dose't sit well with me. Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 had all the gods as options in it. It feels very restrictive if they are not added.

Well, you can always figuratively flip Cryptic off and make the Drow guild anyway, not pick a deity to align with, and play evil Drow to your heart's content. Throw Cryptic's lore right out the window. I will.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • yinyyiny Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    all valid deities.

I dunno, I appreciate that you are fully vested in the way the lore is supposed to be adhered to but dogma does not a good roleplaying game make ;) There are plenty of gods and goddesses that could be added to that character creation for FREE. Meaning all they need is some text and a graphic. Nothing needs to be changed with quests or anything else in the game. The Devs would just be relaxing some relatively superficial restrictions to help make all player types feel included.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Currently: Lilyth Lightlorn@dreasimy of Hammerfist Clan.
    Formerly Neverwinterly Known As: Allsfaire of KORT ITB Lilyth Tr1sta of House Fey-Branche Sednablood of BDA NWT Cyane
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I could have swore that this thread was going to be about me ! :-)
    (Note to self - Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)
  • trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Hmm, Kelemvor is Lord of Dead. If I remember correcntly. But yeah it seems everything cool is taken away.

Whats funny they try to rip us off and theres isnt even deity for Drow.