test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Healing Word

denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Temple
This is one of the encounter powers you get as a cleric (i think it's the second you get, but i'm not sure).

Someone could tell me how does it work? Apparently it targets enemies, but i'm not sure about it.
Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
Post edited by denkasaeba on

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Astral seal is your second power BTW. Healing word...treat like a targeted heal beam. It's that simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you, IATS ^^
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    This is one of the encounter powers you get as a cleric (i think it's the second you get, but i'm not sure).

Someone could tell me how does it work? Apparently it targets enemies, but i'm not sure about it.

Healing Word doesn't hurt enemies. It puts a HoT on the target and yourself.
  • Options
    malvolio11malvolio11 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am not sure if Foolishlobster orIamtruthseeker is right. I am favoring Lobster atm I do believe healing word is an encounter power that puts a HoT on both your target and yourself, it can be activated up to 3 times for reduced effectiveness (if placed on same target) but chain casting increases the cooldown.

There is a channel spell which is an at will ability when in your "channel" divinity mode. Its quite a pain to aim but you can hold it down and heal your target significantly depending on how much divinity power (class specific resource) you have built up
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The healing word ability heals an initial heal to the target and caster with a HoT. If cast again the initial heal is stronger, each tick of the HoT is stronger, and if cast again on the target the initial heal is stronger again, and the HoT is stronger as well. This can be cast on a target on can be cast on yourself and it works the same. If you use your class specialty it slightly increases everything to all three tiers of the heal, initial heals, and the ticks of the HoT's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also the HoT from Healing Word and Divine Power Healing Word are separate HoTs, so you can have both of them on a target.

The base cooldown on Healing Word is 15 seconds (I think) PER CHARGE.