test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can you set up Cleric to be an offensive Cleric

rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Temple
Can clerics actually be offensive fighters and use shield and mace or just casting with the relics and healing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by rohk007 on

Comments

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The ones who will use mace are called battle clerics. This one presented is devoted cleric.

So wait and ask them for Battle Cleric, like start whine incessantly after launch for it and get many other players to wine too, and dine and we have it.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And the devoted cleric is VERY offensively made even if not melee based.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, apparently the upper feat path is more offensive than the other two.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    mvinstedmvinsted Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    as i see it the cleric they have shown is the cleric that is in the temple but when they go into combat they take there armor mace and shield on its sad that they have taking this wowish Priest thing :(

But again it looks good and im gona take the class til a battle cleric will come if it comes :p

The one is the only god
    CPU - 5i 2500k
    MB - sabertooth Z77
    GPU - x2 msi 660 GTX OC
    RAM - 8 GB 1300 ish ddr3
    OPS - WIN 7
    X2 SSD

The one is my god
    AO had no answer when the one spoke to him
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My understanding is the Devoted Cleric solos extremely well. So while it isn't a melee class at all, it can handle itself quite well with what it has.

One tiny secret about D&D for a long time now, is that Clerics were always over-powered just a little in order to entice people to play them. I'd wager this is probably pretty true here in NWO as well.

It's the healing I worry about, the click-target healing, the click-lock healing as well. I've seen a few complain about it and I worry, I will dislike it too. Clerics must be lightning fast with heals. Locking on the tank is nice, but that can setup calamity when the aggro shifts suddenly.

I've seen others say the healing is awesome once you get used to it, so I probably should not worry.

Battle Clerics will come, but I'd wager, spiffy new classes beyond the 5 at launch, are a ways away. They take a while to test. We'll probably see them release in a trickle too, as in one or two classes 120 days after launch and another one or two another 120-180 days after that.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To answer, the OP, yes. Burp and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> emotes are present. Sadly, scratching your butt is only available on dwarves.
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The heal cleric is the only announced cleric build so far. That being said, I solo'd a cleric to lvl 23 before starting on some alts and had no problems taking down enemies.
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Ive played up to 16 as a Wizard at this point and I have to say that the cleric honestly feels like it has more tools at its disposal than the wizard does. Clerics can solo just as well as any class, and in a group they can still hold their own. The dodge (imo) even feels more natural... ironically, than the Wizard's Teleport.

Clerics are darn good.
    26.jpg
  • Options
    zethix123zethix123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Cleric in the game DPS or Healing rely on a majority of the same stats POWER, Critical strike, and restoration (this may be called something else) and the exact same attributes Willpower, Strength, and Charisma, The skills are really what defines your from healing and dps at low levels, at higher levels your feats you take will play the bigger role and there are dps feats.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    when fooling around with my tree, I discovered I could have all AOE's, blasted everything before it got to me most of the time. CD's were just short enough to do a quick next group setup. That qualifies as offensive imo.