test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My suggestion is to keep the guild system as a social mechanic

ufdamayaufdamaya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
I've only had experience with 2 mmos. One had a guild system that was a simple grouping mechanic with things like bank space that can be purchased optionally. The other had a leveling and decay system with ship buffs and other rewards.

I think the latter really sucks the fun out of the game because it means the guild can't adavnce with the more casual players. Constant tweaks to the system changes who is winning and who is losing under the system, but continues to make people unhappy that are unable to advance or unable to get the higher level rewards.

Keeping guilds socially-based keeps all the negative elements of a guild system out of the game.

Just my 2 cents.
Post edited by ufdamaya on

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Guilds aren't built with special in-game mechanics at this time. Your social worries are laid to rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ufdamayaufdamaya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited February 2013
    Guilds aren't built with special in-game mechanics at this time. Your social worries are laid to rest.

Thank you very much! It's not a show stopper for me, just an observation. I like this approach to guilds!