test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seven Against Thay [RP Focused -- All Classes/Races]

Comments

• Options
    camvircamvir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There are two Shards. Which are we picking?
  • Options
    kojancruxkojancrux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm on Dragon, seemed the cool choice ;)

Should be "Crux Vardelle@StevenCrux" in game, feel free to add me.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am surprised there are two shards. All of cryptics other games use a single server.

Dragon. Let's work on dragon.

I have made a character but am off for dinner. Her name is "Lady Faulconbridge" and my @handle is doctorcomics. Try using /who if you can't find us all; the "add friend" command does not like spaces in names.

At level 6 you will get a piece of mail; since this takes you to a mailbox, go ahead and shoot me a note if you want and I will try to find you all. We need 5 on line at once to form the guild, though everything will be wiped at least once anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I heard no wipes BETWEEN betas, yes they will wipe before Early access/launch, but if they do it like GW2 friends lists wont get wiped.
  • Options
    morgonttimorgontti Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dromar@morgontti here
    I think I sent a message, but can't be certain it's working
    Dwarven women have no beard, and if a dwarf woman has beard, there is always beer to make it better.

Remy Rockhammer@morgontti - 30th Dwarven Cleric

7vtbanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Pretty sure I should be in there as "Crux Vardelle@StevenCrux" on Dragon
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Played for a few hours but am now to bed. We have a few people in the game now, but I've not managed to connect with most of you. Will try again tomorrow evening. Regardless, just have fun, check the game out, and see what you like. So far, I like what I see. The controls are taking some getting used to, and I really wish I was playing a wizard, but we use what we have.

Thanks to everyone for being a part of this. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yeah I have Dromar on my list so far, I'll try to get you others added tomorrow. I'm still on for now.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    took 4 hours or so to get to 16th level. Heading to bed now
    Dwarven women have no beard, and if a dwarf woman has beard, there is always beer to make it better.

7vtbanner.jpg
  • Options
    camvircamvir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A good first night for myself. Level 13. Might make another character tomorrow, and another on Sunday. If people are interested in doing higher level stuff, I'm down as well, but I want to experience everything while I can.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yeah not sure How long I was playing lol (too long =P) But I got Crux to 20, and quickly made a rogue to test. Got him to 5 now need sleep x.x
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Those who endeavored to join 7vT need to leave their ID's in a post or PM to me or Doctor Comics. We will friend you as soon as we can.
  • Options
    essaidisessaidis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just what I been looking for. may I ask if 7vT is European or NA?

Also just to bug you, I got some other questions.

Will there be a guild website? (if not I might be able to help out)

... ahhh that's it... lol I thought I had more questions... I guess they will pop up later lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hi essaidis and thanks for writing.

I think most of us will be in North America, but Cryptic uses one server for their game, so that European players are alongside American ones. This may not address your time zone issues, but you would be very welcome.

We will have a website. I will use Enjin to make one after this weekend ends.

In other news: the guild is formed in the game on Dragon shard. You can find us by searching guilds, and that will get you online members, all of whom can invite.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    End of day two, maintenance break gives me an excuse to sleep. Thoughts so far: The guild is going well and our core members are all going to be very experienced and active. Need more people though before release to get the ball rolling. According to guild-mates' comments, our guild is already going to be very diversified class-wise and race-wise. We don't have a lot of Rogues yet, so I'll keep an eye on potential candidates. End of near-brainless rant.

PS: I would still like people to contact either myself or Doctor Comics via PM or posting in the thread if interested in joining. You can even find me online as Deverin Shaille. Good journeys to you all. Good night.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    camvir wrote: »
    End of day two, maintenance break gives me an excuse to sleep. Thoughts so far: The guild is going well and our core members are all going to be very experienced and active. Need more people though before release to get the ball rolling. According to guild-mates' comments, our guild is already going to be very diversified class-wise and race-wise. We don't have a lot of Rogues yet, so I'll keep an eye on potential candidates. End of near-brainless rant.

PS: I would still like people to contact either myself or Doctor Comics via PM or posting in the thread if interested in joining. You can even find me online as Deverin Shaille. Good journeys to you all. Good night.

As an Add on to that, I'm a stay at home dad. I've been on like an addict and will be on most of tomorrow. So you can find me there too on Crux Vardelle@kojancrux, though I may hit the beta cap of 30, if so find me on Exios or Kojan with handle @kojancrux
  • Options
    essaidisessaidis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi essaidis and thanks for writing.

I think most of us will be in North America, but Cryptic uses one server for their game, so that European players are alongside American ones. This may not address your time zone issues, but you would be very welcome.

We will have a website. I will use Enjin to make one after this weekend ends.

In other news: the guild is formed in the game on Dragon shard. You can find us by searching guilds, and that will get you online members, all of whom can invite.

Ohh alright great, well as long as its on the same server I'm fine so if there is only one server where both NA and EU plays together, then it should be fine. I would like to apply to be a part of the 7vT then. ;)

(btw: I'm not in beta yet, but I will be buying a founders pack at some point, don't know if its going to be in two days or at the end of the month, but buy it, I will!)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Then sounds like you'll be there for the March 8th beta, essaidis. So we'll see ya in game then ^^ Until then we have this thread, and Doc should have a site up some time after this beta weekend ends.

Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    kojancrux wrote: »
    Then sounds like you'll be there for the March 8th beta, essaidis. So we'll see ya in game then ^^ Until then we have this thread, and Doc should have a site up some time after this beta weekend ends.

Welcome aboard!

Awesome sounds great, can't wait to get in and start playing my life away lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I have to say they paced that very well. The experience gain was high enough to get everyone to the appropriate content ending. Foundry content is probably going to be the main focus of the next one, as well as 1 or 2 new classes to test out. I'm excited for it, but have to hold off for a month. Blah. Everyone else's thoughts? I honest want to turn the game back on, but don't want to get the feeling of boredom.
  • Options
    dudek3dudek3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry for not being all too prevalent and rolling with you guys this weekend, the blizzard had me shoveling snow for hours.....xD
    fs.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    camvir wrote: »
    I have to say they paced that very well. The experience gain was high enough to get everyone to the appropriate content ending. Foundry content is probably going to be the main focus of the next one, as well as 1 or 2 new classes to test out. I'm excited for it, but have to hold off for a month. Blah. Everyone else's thoughts? I honest want to turn the game back on, but don't want to get the feeling of boredom.

Well leveling isn't that difficult I'll agree there. Took a cleric to 21 before I realized i got on the wrong server, then deleted him and rerolled and got a cleric to 30 this afternoon. Nice and easy overall. As far as rolling with one another, the levels were to spread out, once membership gets up to appropriate levels, other members as well as the officers, (the seven) will be more than glad to assist in leveling. The one thing I did notice, it may or maynot be a bug, but a higher level character can complete lower levels quests, and get credit/cash and drops.

I rolled my 30 cleric through the lower levels 1 shotting everything and collecting gear for alts. Might be worth doing later when it's live to help gear others up. As far as a guild bank, I've not heard anything in regards to it and storage space is a premium. I ran out of space constantly. I felt like I was spending more time selling items than actually playing.

Leveling speeds, I found the cleric is an extremely fast leveling tool. With a Man-at-arms pet, and AE damage it's nearly taking candy from a baby. I didn't even die until I did some of the foundry quests. One of which sent 40+ mobs all elite/champions equilivent at you at the same time without a way to leave the dungeon.
    The items, seems until you get mid level, you don't have much variety in the look of your character. Once you break the level 20ish boundry the items start to drop that customize your characters a little, I can only expect that will be the case the higher level you go up.

Companions - There are 3 quests so far, 1 level 16 and 2 that are 28-30ish level that gives you a man-at-arms, a cleric, and one of your choice. Beware when selecting your initial companion so that you don't duplicate it unless you really really want two of the clerics or man-at-arm companions.

I'll stop rambling. It's 1100PM cst and I'm beat.
    I'll be around here, and btw My characters name will be in my sig.. Look forward to the next beta next month. See ya then!

7vtbanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Guild bank was accessible from the guild registrar, it was an okay size and looked up-gradable somehow.

EDIT: PS. I'm going to miss this game lol. Spending the month between betas (doing life stuff yes but also) Writing up the story for my first foundry campaign, and helping with the site where needed/where I can. I also have some photoshop (well GIMP) skill, you'll likely see my work on some of my posts and such.
  • Options
    theincarnadine42theincarnadine42 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Love what I am seeing here and definately interested in trying you guys out, been looking for a steady RP guild for a while (in various games) and generally end up disappointed in a lack of roleplaying or the guild simply falling apart.

Saw a recent post that you guys dont have many rogues, I will happily fill that role, planned on my main being one anyway.

Sign me up!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Welcome aboard, incarnadine. Glad to have you.

I'll be breaking ground on the website today and will post a link here, as well as get us listed on the general recruitment thread. We've gotten strong support, and although launch is a long way off, there are things we can do now, including character brainstorming, lore work, and exchanging Foundry ideas.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    theincarnadine42theincarnadine42 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Site looks great so far! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    shameless bump back up top to the front

7vtbanner.jpg
  • Options
    finalwinterfinalwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want in Q.Q love the idea and I think I would have a great time =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I want in Q.Q love the idea and I think I would have a great time =]

Then you're in! See, that was easy.

Come by our site and register. There are a few others on this thread that haven't come by yet:

http://sevenagainstthay.enjin.com/home