test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

System Requirements

bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
http://nw.perfectworld.com/download

Don't know if anyone seen this yet but this is up.

System Requirements

Recommened
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8ghz CPU equivalent or better.
Memory: 2GB RAM or more
Video: GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon HD 2900GT or better, 512 video ram
Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible sound chip or onboard audio

Broadband Internet Connection Required.

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Dual-core 2.0 CPU or better
Memory: 1GB RAM
Video: Shader Model 2.0 or higher, GeForce 6800 or ATI Radeon X850, 125MB video ram
Sound: Directx 9.0c Compatible sound chip or onboard audio

Broadband Internet Connection Required
Post edited by bobcat1313 on

Comments

• shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seems like they ninja a few things in there. I wish they would ninja a class page with Cleric info :P
  • jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Broadband Internet Connection Required.

Damnit, I only have a 24 baud modem!
  • jimbobbyboyjimbobbyboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/download

Damnit, where's my Windows 3.1 support. Scr3w you "Perfect" World.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks like Ill be fine(I won t be able to run at max compatibility, but I have at least most of the recommended specs(I do not have a gaming specific PC)
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    great news that they kept this reasonable!
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im trying to win a gaming pc through giveaways so that I can do this game justice.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They haz ninjaed system requirements! Well, I'll update the info as official on my end. Also update some stuff about Founders packs most people won't read and cry about and everybody will say read my FAQ :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elveelve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 336
    edited February 2013
    These are actually pretty low system requirements. I really hope people can appreciate that.
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yay for system requirements! Between this and the beta weekends it seems this game is coming to fruition soon! I can't wait! :D
    They haz ninjaed system requirements! Well, I'll update the info as official on my end. Also update some stuff about Founders packs most people won't read and cry about and everybody will say read my FAQ :)

Well said truth! I'm *almost* amazed how many times the same questions are asked and how many times the same gripes are mentioned, omitting facts that mitigate said gripes.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This has been up since at least last night thort you all knew this.

The question I would like to know is if the game will scale well past 4 cores?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At the risk of embarrassing myself, I have a question. :p

I have an AMD A4-3300M with Radeon HD 6480G graphics. The processor runs at 1.9 ghz. I believe this processor falls into the Core 2 Duo realm as opposed to the Dual-Core realm, but am unsure where that puts me on the system requirements spectrum. I have 6GB of RAM and I'm fine on the other specs. Do I meet the minimum requirements or do I have to go out and buy a new computer? :eek:

I've played WoW, Diablo III and PoE on high graphics settings with no problems. Did have some problems with Guild Wars II though (but I didn't like the game so it didn't matter). Any advice is appreciated and thanks in advance. :)
  • zooshzoosh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At the risk of embarrassing myself, I have a question. :p

I have an AMD A4-3300M with Radeon HD 6480G graphics. The processor runs at 1.9 ghz. I believe this processor falls into the Core 2 Duo realm as opposed to the Dual-Core realm, but am unsure where that puts me on the system requirements spectrum. I have 6GB of RAM and I'm fine on the other specs. Do I meet the minimum requirements or do I have to go out and buy a new computer? :eek:

You should be fine. I doubt you would be able to run at max settings with no problems, but you will be able to play the game just fine.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks zoosh. Was having a mini anxiety attack. :rolleyes:
  • kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited February 2013
    elve wrote: »
    These are actually pretty low system requirements. I really hope people can appreciate that.

It's been a couple of years since I've upgraded my system...yet it rates fairly well above the recommended specs.

SO, this list negates the need to perform one of my usual pre-game rituals (of scouring the web for hot deals on video cards.....)

I'm quite happy. :)
  • pinky2brainpinky2brain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To All Gods and Goddesses from which all knowledge flows,

As a Level 1 Noobie i am new to Online play because I have never played an online game before.

So might i beseech those that know to ask if anyone can post or direct me to a site where i can list or compare my current system requirements to those recommended?

I am not sure if i am allowed to post here or not, but my goal is to figure out which parts on my current computer need to be upgraded in order to play Neverwinter.

If there is anything else, please feel free to ask, i seek to learn as much as i can, but i fear my knowledge is far insufficient already.

Longtime DM and New Online player,

Pinky2Brain
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To All Gods and Goddesses from which all knowledge flows,

As a Level 1 Noobie i am new to Online play because I have never played an online game before.

So might i beseech those that know to ask if anyone can post or direct me to a site where i can list or compare my current system requirements to those recommended?

I am not sure if i am allowed to post here or not, but my goal is to figure out which parts on my current computer need to be upgraded in order to play Neverwinter.

If there is anything else, please feel free to ask, i seek to learn as much as i can, but i fear my knowledge is far insufficient already.

Longtime DM and New Online player,

Pinky2Brain
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/about/faq

..../10char
  • sijuansijuan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After few days of waiting for servers to become available, I have find out that they are on line now. After game patched it self play button finally becomes available only to find out that it's not compatible with my system. I try few times to relog but always keep getting message: "Unable to start game client: This version of 1% is not compatible with version of Windows you're running. Check your computer system information to see whether x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit) program and then contact the software publisher"

I run game on Win7 (64 bit),
    CPU: AMD Athlon II x3 450
    RAM: 4GB DDR3
    GPU:ATI Radeon HD5770

Anyone having any suggestion? Thanx in forward.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    game isn't available until the 25th for hero of the north, 27th for guardian of neverwinter, 30th for everyone else.

click option (in the launcher) then click Force Verify
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited April 2013
    well looks runnable on my laptop .-. but there have been other games ive been above Recommend and still lagged to high heaven in...oh well thankfully I run CO and STO pretty well on higher settings and I believe theyre using their same engine so should be ok

Longest 10 more days...ever