test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Race/Class combos?

2»

Comments

• barkynbarkyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ8qKj-jQxc 2 minutes of a dwarf rogue in action in the neverwinter mmo :D
    "Just because im short and stumpy doesnt mean im not fast and nimble. my thirst for treasure keeps me...shall we say...more athletic than most dwarves" Dakoldin Quiverbeard (Dwarven Ranger)
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    barkyn wrote: »
    and cheers to the first half-orc paladin!

Hmmm, if my memery serves me correct, somewhere in the NWN1 series, there was aNPC half-Orc paladin. But i could be wrong, been a while since i have play through that. But, since Paladin no longer have the LG restrictions on them in 4e, it should be quite possible. And i seem to also recall a post somewhere that the LG restrction for Pallys was removed for this game. Hmmm, so if/or when they allow Half-Orcs in this game, i think i will pop for an extra slot just to make a Half-Orc Pally.
  • kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Speaking of race/class combinations. I recall from NWN1 and NWN2, races had a favored class which deals with multiclassing (exp penalty specifically, something that min/maxers ignore anyways). Now, I know that multiclassing as it existed before 4e is very different now, but does the favored class thing still translate to anything 4e?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ghosty2a wrote: »
    Hmmm, if my memery serves me correct, somewhere in the NWN1 series, there was aNPC half-Orc paladin. But i could be wrong, been a while since i have play through that. But, since Paladin no longer have the LG restrictions on them in 4e, it should be quite possible. And i seem to also recall a post somewhere that the LG restrction for Pallys was removed for this game. Hmmm, so if/or when they allow Half-Orcs in this game, i think i will pop for an extra slot just to make a Half-Orc Pally.

Not quite, more like NWN2 Storm of Zeheir:
    Grykk BannerswornYou will meet him in the Neverwinter tavern. Using Diplomacy you may convince him to join your party for free. Otherwise, you will have to pay a donation of 1000 $.Level: 8Race: Half-orcClass: PaladinAlignment: Lawful goodAttributes: Strength 17 / Dexterity 10 / Constitution 14 / Intelligence 8 / Wisdom 12 / Charisma 15Skill points in: Move Silently, Parry

And YES they no longer have to be LG in 4th ed!

kfmc wrote: »
    Speaking of race/class combinations. I recall from NWN1 and NWN2, races had a favored class which deals with multiclassing (exp penalty specifically, something that min/maxers ignore anyways). Now, I know that multiclassing as it existed before 4e is very different now, but does the favored class thing still translate to anything 4e?

No, favored classes are no more, nor is multiclassing the same, as it just gives you a skill training and a once a day ability unless you spend more feats to power swap from the multi class. Completely different system than 3rd ed. All classes are all available to all races with no penalties but they primarily stay one class or split two classes if Hybrid and read my FAQ if you want more info on this tabletop but not in MMO thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kfmc wrote: »

check this link in my sig:-
    Neverwinter:Info|Lore|deities|Temples|dev-reply|Paragon|Wallpapers|magic

Knowledge is power!!!
    ghosty2a wrote: »

I don't see why it would not be possible - but it is something very rare. Orcs, according to lore, have more inclination towards chaotic tendency as they tend to loose their temper. This does not fits well with gods who 'usually' allow paladins.

However, even in lore, a paladin can always be created for any deity - you just have to define it properly. So you can make a paladin of Grummsh saying "Usually Grummsh does not allow Paladins, but he needed to protect a child said to be Corellon's Bane. So he made a "Orc Paladin" to always protect that child at any cost.