test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Custom Henchmen?

mostrandomistmostrandomist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So say you didn't want to wait around trying to find a guardian fighter for your party, or just felt like playing solo ( I know it's an mmo, some of us still like to go solo on occasion). Does anyone know if there will be AI controlled henchmen like in all the other Neverwinter Nights titles? I think it would be a great addition. I just like having another character you can outfit and that helps you on your journeys. It would also reduce the need to sit in town waiting for the right character to join your party.
Post edited by mostrandomist on

Comments

• Options
    meldrothmeldroth Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    So say you didn't want to wait around trying to find a guardian fighter for your party, or just felt like playing solo ( I know it's an mmo, some of us still like to go solo on occasion). Does anyone know if there will be AI controlled henchmen like in all the other Neverwinter Nights titles? I think it would be a great addition. I just like having another character you can outfit and that helps you on your journeys. It would also reduce the need to sit in town waiting for the right character to join your party.

1. Yes, there will be henchmen, though I believe they will be called "companions."
    2. However, Neverwinter Online is NOT a Neverwinter Nights title. It's totally different, so don't expect anything to be the same. (Though similar source material will make some things the similar.)
    3. Between actual info and the rumor mill, it looks like there will be stock companions for in-game currency or for free (who knows), but I do know for sure that companions (most likely customizable) will be available for Zen. Not sure if they will be permanent or rented.

Bottom Line: Companions (or "henchmen") will indeed be in the game, and we are told that they are cool.
    "Truth is absolute, so if you truly seek it, you can find only one answer."
  • Options
    mostrandomistmostrandomist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited January 2013
    meldroth wrote: »
    we are told that they are cool.

This is all I need to keep me excited =)
  • Options
    mikex79xmikex79x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    how do i purchase enough zen???