test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any ideas how the cash shop is going to work?

rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I look at STO and see lots of things that can be monetized with the ships and such but wonder how they will do it here. Also, wondering if they are going to do any sort of $199 founders thing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by rohk007 on

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Founders is not likely at all as it's NOT a subscription based model nor is it the company that developed RaiderZ.

And how the cash shop will work based on previous games, badly, BWAHAHAHA, sorry, couldn't resist! :p

Seriously, it's still being tested so all I can say here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    we best not only get one character slot :(
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It will probably be four slots and you can buy more, I have a feeling that scrolls, Vanity pets and armors....and mounts will be the big sellers...I just hope they don't offer shades, boxing gloves or other stupidity like GW2 does.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It will probably be four slots and you can buy more, I have a feeling that scrolls, Vanity pets and armors....and mounts will be the big sellers...I just hope they don't offer shades, boxing gloves or other stupidity like GW2 does.

Yeah, if people start running around with those stupid cosmetics I'll be gone. Thing is you can't avoid those sort of things even if you want to and it just kills it for me at least. Mounts, pets, and scrolls don't bother me one bit, but I hope the armors are only skins
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, if people start running around with those stupid cosmetics I'll be gone. Thing is you can't avoid those sort of things even if you want to and it just kills it for me at least. Mounts, pets, and scrolls don't bother me one bit, but I hope the armors are only skins

Oh I can promise you there will be constant threads asking for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and begging for more pop culture references.......one of the great things about running your own NWN world was you didn't have to deal with idiocy like that.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh I can promise you there will be constant threads asking for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and begging for more pop culture references.......one of the great things about running your own NWN world was you didn't have to deal with idiocy like that.

I don't like or use that sort of stuff either. That being said something you should think about is that not everybody shares your views. Should their freedom to walk around looking like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> be restricted because you simply don't to see <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    This is something I would honestly rather not speculate about.

It's kind of asking for disappointment.