What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what else to pass the time?

Comments

• Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I downloaded Vanguard when I went to bed last night, woke up and logged in, killed two creatures and uninstalled.
    Also downloaded some audio e-books to listen to while relaxing on the couch,nappin.
  • Options
    cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I downloaded Vanguard when I went to bed last night, woke up and logged in, killed two creatures and uninstalled.

I do stuff like that all the time. I am going to take stab at Wizardy when it launches and Path of Exile as it beta's/launches. Neither really look like home runs to me. Maybe Path of Exile will be decent.

also @remedialhappyman--- I am watching Neon Genesis Evangelion which I got from a friend.
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Ugh. Ive downloaded/installed/uninstalled so many MMOs in the last few months it is mind boggling. Just a week ago I decided to try Warhammer Online again. I quit playing it a few months after it launched due to so many bugs. I have to say that I am actually enjoying it though. The population is low, but due to server reductions it doesn't feel that way. Its a pretty solid game with fun pvp and decent questing. The graphics are not bad at all. /shrug. I think this one will at least keep me occupied until (IF) Beta starts here.

You name it, odds are Ive tried it. Most just feel stale now.
  • Options
    kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited January 2013
    .....Also downloaded some audio e-books to listen to while relaxing on the couch,nappin.

I'm doing the same, though I'm buried in paperwork in my office while listening right now. I prefer your method. :)

I'm listening to "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline, narrarated by Wil Wheaton. Probably a lot here have already heard of it/read it, but just discovered it myself. Not only is it making me nostalgic for the 80's -- it's making me wish I had a game that I was really "into" right now. Arghh!!!! Back to the bookkeeping. *sigh

See ya all tomorrow?? *furrows her eyebrows
  • Options
    popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey who let the foreigner in here? SECURITY! :D

LOL... I hacked my way in of course. :P
  • Options
    akhliberakhliber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Been playing Skyrim (though now I want to hold off until Dragonborn hits), Torchlight 2 and GW2. I also just reinstalled NWN to give it another play-through in anticipation of this game.
  • Options
    spectralhuntspectralhunt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't have a consistent MMO I'm playing right now. I basically play for a few days because the game is f2p and then the boredom hits and I quit, moving on to the next MMO. My spare time is now lurking and posting on various gaming forums.

I also downloaded the first three books in the Neverwinter series on my ipad and hopefully I'll have them all read by the time the game launches.
  • Options
    pherephattapherephatta Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm drifting between Aion, TSW, and NWN 1.
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well I found something to do for the next few days that is no DnD related but I cant tell you.

Anyone else want to start Playing NWN1 on a server for us, or invite players still on it to join the forums.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kadlena wrote: »
    I'm listening to "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline, narrarated by Wil Wheaton. Probably a lot here have already heard of it/read it, but just discovered it myself. Not only is it making me nostalgic for the 80's -- it's making me wish I had a game that I was really "into" right now. Arghh!!!! Back to the bookkeeping. *sigh

That was a fun book. Enjoy It, I did from start to finish.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    eljacko56eljacko56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been getting back into NWN2 and, especially, having a fresh look at the toolset in preparation for use of the Foundry. I'm not very good at the toolset currently, although I am progressing quickly. I am somewhat concerned that the Foundry will lack the necessary depth to properly emulate the incredible flexibility of the NWN2 toolset, but we shall see.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    eljacko56 wrote: »
    .... I am somewhat concerned that the Foundry will lack the necessary depth to properly emulate the incredible flexibility of the NWN2 toolset, but we shall see.

The Dwarven Foundry of Neverwinter will kick puny elven behind of NWN2 with contempt.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    We could play NWN1

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Fear...
    But do not assume.

The Foundry will never be quite as versatile as the Aurora Toolset but that doesn't mean it's "gimped" and has it's own strengths as well such as simplicity.
  • Options
    rainey70rainey70 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i just picked up guild wars 2 to pass the time..... still downloading the patch
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Guild Wars 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, and trying to determine which is going to come out first: Neverwinter or Phantasy Star Online 2.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    Well TERA is moving to free to play in february, and you can sign up for an "unlimited free trial" account now.
  • Options
    galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Anyone else tried to install TERA and it takes 20 times more time to patch the game then it took to download the 20GB of data?
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    It patches up to 20g, when you downloaded the original file it didn't actually download all 20g, it just reserved the space.

But yeah it's huge.
  • Options
    theincarnadine42theincarnadine42 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kadlena wrote: »
    I'm doing the same, though I'm buried in paperwork in my office while listening right now. I prefer your method. :)

Hands down my favorite book right now. Last year I bought it three times. I discovered it as an ebook, first one I bought when I got a tablet, then I found out Wil Wheaton did the audio book so bought that and listened to it again, and the day I finished it as an audio book I went to a book signing Ernest Cline did here in Austin, and since I did not own a physical copy I bought the paperback to have him sign it. Amazingly fun book, highly recommend it in any form.

Right now I am in a pretty stale state game-wise. Been <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around in Minecraft a lot, playing some Halo 4 when the mood strikes me. Tried and uninstalled a dozen MMOs in the past few months, eagerly awaiting this and Marvel Heroes.

Other then games, working, listening to Game of Thrones audio books, reading the first R. A. Salvatore book for the first time (yeah, got some catching up to do). DMing a D&D campaign on Thursdays, and playing in another whenever we randomly meet.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Well TERA is moving to free to play in february, and you can sign up for an "unlimited free trial" account now.

Yah but there is one BIG problem with it ... It is NOT Neverwinter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    20 GB?! I don't know if I have po...err, total multimedia files that large! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    **** game, I want to use the foundry >.<
  • Options
    jimhonjimhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 50
    edited January 2013
    I've been playing

Heroes of Newerth
    TomE 1.0.0

But I got a D&D one for those of you old enough to be playing coin-op games in the 90s...

Dungeons and Dragons: Knights and Dragons (OpenBOR)

It's a spiritual successor to Towers and Shadows over Mystara. It's 100% free too with local co-op play but no internet play.
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been giving The Secret World a run through. It's interesting. However, I'm very much nerding out over FTL: Faster Than Light. That game is turning me into a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with as much fun as I'm having over the beating it gives me.
  • Options
    theincarnadine42theincarnadine42 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I really, really wanted to like The Secret World, but I just could not get into it. I honestly think it was my own fault, I was doing it solo for pretty much the entire time, I'm a completionist so I had to do every quest, and I kept deciding to start over, so I ran through Kingsmouth like 4 times and then it just was not appealing to me anymore.
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im the same, so much so that I bought the secret world lifetime sub.. Never log in anymore. I have downloaded Raiderz to muck around with in the meantime. Prob go back to my Tera account for a little while, two max level toons there.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Member Posts: 818 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Playing CO and hoping to god we get our Dev team back once this beast is done. Mind you I -also- want to play it, a lot....I mean a looooot.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
    A leader of The Blackwatch Defenders
  • Options
    babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have GW2, TSW lifetime sub, and SWTOR (currently subbed) to amuse myself with, no shortage of games here. Plus I play the odd coop game with a few people from time to time. This game does interest me, so keeping a watch on it for release.
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • Options
    jaxxxorixjaxxxorix Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    GW2 for my fantasy MMO fix, STO 'cause I like playing in the world(s) of Star Trek, and reading R.A. Salvatore's Gauntlgrym (and soon Neverwinter) for the sake of getting the lore down before playing NWO...