Install Arc

Sarcastic Malevolence - 21yrs+ Mature Social EU Community

karischkarisch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Recruitment is now CLOSED!
Sarcastic Malevolence
Recruitment is CLOSED!!
Post edited by karisch on

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A great read! GL in your recruitment!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You got me interested with EU (because of playing times). What is really great is the gaming or social part to be in a guild, which I understand there are no fixed raiding times or activities people have to attend to?
  • karischkarisch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    You got me interested with EU (because of playing times). What is really great is the gaming or social part to be in a guild, which I understand there are no fixed raiding times or activities people have to attend to?

If we do raiding in a game, the times are set so that folks know what they are doing etc, but attendance is totally optional as with all our activities :D
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    karisch wrote: »
    If we do raiding in a game, the times are set so that folks know what they are doing etc, but attendance is totally optional as with all our activities :D

My favorite character ever was a female bard (I am male) in DAoC and help people level to 50 (which could take weeks back then, killing Fins all day. Yes, I was/am a Hibby!) by playing a song and keep them entertained chatting about stuff and making jokes. Does that fit into the guild? :confused:

I usually play a thief/bard class in games, but not to serious roleplaying (only the fun part of it, like elves are stupid!). Exploring new ground and learn as much as possible about lore, areas, dungeons etc. is something I usually solo to take my time, so I can help others with knowledge later on. It sometimes took me 2 days and ~400 jumps/dives to reach a certain point in an area of another game, I can be very persistent.

For the social part. Helping new players is a great hobby of mine, with knowledge and/or assistance while not overdoing it. Otherwise you brag or he loses interest in the game if it is too easy. :p

The raiding part, I hate it! Much better are small groups and doing normal quests, less waiting, no stress, no arguing, more fun. There is one exception, if e.g. The Inevitable City is under siege, then I join any raid to defend it with any character I currently play. These loyality quests where the whole server got involved were great. Or lets say the guild wants to raid _The Dragon_ (I hope there is one), count me in. If it is about farming a dungeon for items, I rather explore some new area alone.

Enough talking! If you would say it fits, then I'll put in an application once the game is available as beta/alpha/release whatever ;)

//edit: is there a way to browse the forums on your website without actual joining the guild yet? I tried to register and now have to wait for approval:
    This is a user registration with no associated application

//edit: this text is great:
    http://sarcastic-malevolence.co.uk/about
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I will just copy paste truth's comment because that is how I exactly feel... come on. Just read his!
    edited January 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    My favorite character ever was a female bard (I am male) in DAoC and help people level to 50 (which could take weeks back then, killing Fins all day. Yes, I was/am a Hibby!) by playing a song and keep them entertained chatting about stuff and making jokes. Does that fit into the guild? :confused:

I usually play a thief/bard class in games, but not to serious roleplaying (only the fun part of it, like elves are stupid!). Exploring new ground and learn as much as possible about lore, areas, dungeons etc. is something I usually solo to take my time, so I can help others with knowledge later on. It sometimes took me 2 days and ~400 jumps/dives to reach a certain point in an area of another game, I can be very persistent.

For the social part. Helping new players is a great hobby of mine, with knowledge and/or assistance while not overdoing it. Otherwise you brag or he loses interest in the game if it is too easy. :p

The raiding part, I hate it! Much better are small groups and doing normal quests, less waiting, no stress, no arguing, more fun. There is one exception, if e.g. The Inevitable City is under siege, then I join any raid to defend it with any character I currently play. These loyality quests where the whole server got involved were great. Or lets say the guild wants to raid _The Dragon_ (I hope there is one), count me in. If it is about farming a dungeon for items, I rather explore some new area alone.

Enough talking! If you would say it fits, then I'll put in an application once the game is available as beta/alpha/release whatever ;)

//edit: is there a way to browse the forums on your website without actual joining the guild yet? I tried to register and now have to wait for approval:

//edit: this text is great:
    http://sarcastic-malevolence.co.uk/about

You definitely sound like you would fit in :D
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
    edited January 2013
    Welcome to the madhouse Zagemogga :D
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
    edited January 2013
    Welcome to our latest member Distance, we are always on the look out for more nutters :p
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
    edited January 2013
    Wasn't really active here for a while, busy learning all about GW2 :P
    There is still time...
    edited February 2013
    We would like to welcome Crumbs to our numbers!

Any more nutters out there looking for a home?
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
  • iamzelpexiamzelpex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well I am just 17..idk :O
  • brokedogbrokedog Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At the urging of a friend, I joined the forums to reply to this thread.
    I'll submit an application post haste.
    edited February 2013
    welcome to the madhouse Brokedog.
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
  • dirtagdirtag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    application submitted guys :D...seems like a diverse bunch of weirdos..It'll be just like The Home :D
    edited February 2013
    welcome to our newest member Boojiboy!
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Well, I have been told that I talk too much. But I have cleaned up my language a fair bit. I'm scandinavian, and while you guys seem to be in multiple MMO's, I will only be playing this game. I simply don't have time to be active in several, and the combat system of NWO seems to be what I have been waiting for since the days of Mudding. Unless you avoide older people, age is not an issue. Will apply once the game rolls around, if it seems that you guys will be playing it.
  • roblhoblroblhobl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey SM (Can I call you SM? I'll call you SM), I'm interested. 23yo, Austria, experienced in gaming but not D&D, love RPing, medium-serious questing and PvPing and finding new ways to screw around. Can I just leave my little note here in case things work out until launch, or will I have to hide my family?
    edited February 2013
    Leave little notes here if you wish, hopefully we will see applications on our website from you soon xx :D

Oh and while i am here, would like to welcome Gruesome to our numbers, darn beta weekend has set us busy :D
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
    edited February 2013
    Well, I have been told that I talk too much. But I have cleaned up my language a fair bit. I'm scandinavian, and while you guys seem to be in multiple MMO's, I will only be playing this game. I simply don't have time to be active in several, and the combat system of NWO seems to be what I have been waiting for since the days of Mudding. Unless you avoide older people, age is not an issue. Will apply once the game rolls around, if it seems that you guys will be playing it.

Yes we are in multiple MMOs as several folks want to play new games coming out. but we are not the kind of folks who are going to turn around and tell our GW2 guild that we are shutting them down, they have their own set of officers, as will have the Neverwinter branch, if you play both great, if you don't thats great too, regardless of what you play you can be part of our community if you want to be :D
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
    edited February 2013
    Wow, determined to keep me busy ain't ya all, well I would like to welcome our two newest members Cheeky and Per to the nuthouse :P

Keep them apps rolling in :D
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
    edited February 2013
    Ah its nearly the weekend, yet i doubt those evil applicants are going to give me a day off :p

While we wait for the next beta weekend to come along (it can't come quick enough for some) we're gonna get some of us together to tinker around with some dungeons in DDO, ofc being a multi-gaming community we have many folks that play a wide variety of games to mess around with, still need a time machine to advance us a couple of months or so to the launch date eh :p
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
    edited February 2013
    No rest for the wicked and even less for the righteous they say....

So I would like to welcome Blaspheme and IronPariah to the madhouse :D
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
  • neshabgdneshabgd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    SOunds interesting, I may join u guys :)
    edited February 2013
    We would love to have an application from some more folks :D

Don't worry its not that big :phttp://sarcastic-malevolence.co.uk/recruitment

We are especially looking for some more EU daytime players as well as evening!
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
  • neshabgdneshabgd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We would love to have an application from some more folks :D

Don't worry its not that big :phttp://sarcastic-malevolence.co.uk/recruitment

We are especially looking for some more EU daytime players as well as evening!

Sounds cool. Im gmt+1 based so it will be easy to find ya. Gonna make an application in couple of hours ;)
    edited February 2013
    Will keep an eye out for it :D
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
    edited February 2013
    Will keep an eye out for it :D

Just created an account with SM webiste, but im having troubles verifying it. I have been registered as ACEOFMMOS. Tried 2 times resending the confirmation email but to no avail.
    edited February 2013
    follow this link http://sarcastic-malevolence.co.uk/recruitment

and fill out the application form, when that is approved it auto registers you with the website :D
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
    edited February 2013
    follow this link http://sarcastic-malevolence.co.uk/recruitment

and fill out the application form, when that is approved it auto registers you with the website :D

I have just received an email confirmation from Enjin, done :) I have also completed SM survey. I have been registered as aceofmmos.
  • neppanaattorineppanaattori Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Stuck a letter into yer mailbox with the name K***n (the welder :D ) (don't want to tell it here publicly for it to get stolen), because the recruit post was just too delicious to pass! Keep checking the spam-folder!