test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

any aussie guilds?

health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
2 things

1 any Aussie guilds around need a healer :)?

2 anyone know if by chance they have or going to have an oceanic server?
Post edited by health002 on

Comments

• deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    health002 wrote: »
    2 things

1 any Aussie guilds around need a healer :)?

2 anyone know if by chance they have or going to have an oceanic server?

1 About the aussie guilds talk to ryvvik he has to old threads about making one.

2 Also It is supposed to be a "World Server" I believe, where it is as if there is one server but it is really a lot of servers linked up to act as one.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    1 About the aussie guilds talk to ryvvik he has to old threads about making one.

2 Also It is supposed to be a "World Server" I believe, where it is as if there is one server but it is really a lot of servers linked up to act as one.

ok ty
    and the way u said that,it sounds like they just add channels O-o thus no open world raids then ;/
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    ok ty
    and the way u said that,it sounds like they just add channels O-o thus no open world raids then ;/

Hey guys, thanks death, yeah look health, im aussie and the time-zones for us as a ddo player was a killer for me towards the end. We had a small group of aussies that ran Sphere of Annihilation: on Argo, SOA for short, also had a short time in disposable hero's and windscar, at this point there are 3 members looking to reunite with any collaboration of Aussies, and also have some others, outside the guild looking to get a group of guys together to run, when the game goes live and a few others looking to come over, from other mmo's when the game is launched. While we wont be massive, we look to keep things tight, so that fairness, and good-times are of the up-most importance, we don't want drama, filled rubbish, we are all just playing to zoneout, no pressure on when you can/cant play, just log on and fill your boots, with GP...

stay in touch

Ry
  • gwensdinnergwensdinner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 41
    edited January 2013
    Ryvvik, have you put a guild post up yet?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ok ty

From my FAQ

Is the game Instanced or Open world? I keep hearing it's one than it's the other!

That's because it's both!
    From a MMORPG player-submitted Q&A article:
    Q: How much of the game is instanced compared to being an open world?
    Andy Velasquez: Right now, the ratio stands at 50/50, so we have a fairly even split between open world and instanced content.

The game will be half persistent world and half instanced, with both solo-friendly locations and end-mission multiplayer re-playable delves (more on this later) where you can get your top gear, confirmed by Zeke Sparkes (lead developer of Neverwinter Online) and Pokket (interviewer from MMORPG.com) from their E3 interview.

Quests and monsters will wander around their zones of the open world where a large number of people can participate with each other, but dungeons, special missions, and end-of-story-arc delves (more on this later) will be instanced for up to (and only) five players as per a typical Fourth Edition Dungeons and Dragons adventuring party.

Can you tell me how the Game World (or Server) will work then with player population?

Updated 10/05/2012:
    Cryptic uses one game server per game. This means, Cryptic makes a unified "world server" to play on composed of a bunch of physical computer servers to make one "game world." So no other "PvP Servers" or "Role Playing Servers" are done as separate servers to log into. This also means that User Generated Content via the integrated Foundry tool (and more on that is mentioned in the Foundry section) also is accessed by the same NPCs and objects in the "world Server." When a public area zone in the game gets too large, it splits it into another "public instance" or "shard." So you could have "The Moonstone Mask" as a public place, then it splits into "The Moonstone Mask1" and "The Moonstone Mask2" when there are too many people for the capacity on a public location zone.

Users will have the ability to "switch" between shards (often by a pull down location option if there are multiple areas.)

This splitting continues if any of the the public area zones continue to grow to capacity again ("The Moonstone Mask3," "The Moonstone Mask4," etc.) and the zones lower in sequential number when the population drops so they can rejoin another (or original) shard (or zone) the next time players leave and re-enter said public zone. So if there are only 4 people in the original zone, and 2 in a second zone, that second zone goes away when the last player in a zone leaves, and the players re-entering that public zone go to the original zone. The game does automatically decide where the least load or most need for new population is needed for the shards, which the above players have the option to manually switch zones (especially for party-based grouping.)

However, when players join a party to do certain quests, they may instead of adventure in a public area be sent to a private instance which can hold a party of up to five adventurers. This will definitely be done in the "delves" described later in this section. Also see the (previous) "Is the game Instanced or Open world? I keep hearing it's one than it's the other!" question.

Finally, Cryptic does not "separate" players into their own servers. So there is not a "role playing" server and a "PvP" server and a "min-max" server, etc. We all play in one game world as mentioned above.

Can you tell me more about Events?

Updated 10/01/2012:
    Events are described in this entry of the Cryptic Developer's Blog.
    Basically, Events are currently classified into two categories: Instanced Events and Contests:
    • Instanced Events--Instanced Events are limited-time offered group missions and appear to work like Delves do (more details on Delved will be in an upcoming question) except you and four others "sign up" for events in the zone it is hosted in, and are transported to the instance. Events could be from defending off a raid to storming an enemy stronghold, with a chance at specialty rewards. Once the event is finished, you are returned to the location you entered the instanced event. These work like "Alerts" in the Champions Online and Star Trek Online games.
    • Contests--Contests appear to be something you can enter when it is starting or any time in its duration. These events appear to be rewarded per "accomplishment" and "rank" the player achieves in the time given. Star Trek Online's Academy Event is an example of such an event in a prior Cryptic game. For a more D&D example, the player might be alerted about an invasion starting in a zone's open-world area and given a thirty minute window from that alert. They may possibly earn a reward for each "token" retrieved from the enemy, and also given achievement for the total number of them killed while invading as long as these things are accomplished/turned in during the alert period. Once the event ends, the rewards can no longer collected, and "collected tokens" may be removed from inventory after a short post-event period to turn them in.
    Rewards for these events will vary from (secondary) game currency to turn in to buy in-store items, to special enemy-only item drops for your class played to temporary buffs or enhancements and the leader-board/bragging rights of your accomplishments in said events.

Will there be RAIDS in this Neverwinter Online MMO Game?

Yes and no. Yes, there will be multiplayer escalated challenge "delves" at the end of each "chapter" or "story-arc" segment that drops "the best loot" for the players, but no, it's not like a typical RAID.

The Delve is a multi-player chalenge for up to five players and is repeatable (so if you didn't get what you wanted, you can try again,) and is finish-able in about an hour's time. Cryptic and Perfect World understand the needs of all gamers when it comes to both skill and time allotted to play a session, and took the hours of setup and prep just to "start" out of this equation, without taking away the skills and challenges needed. Or, as (colorfully) said by ANdy Valasquez in an MMORPG Interview,

Andy Velasquez: Personally I feel like our Dungeon Delves are huge improvement over the overall raiding experience that I have personally experienced playing MMOs. When I think about what I loved during my time raiding in other MMO?s it was always the joy of getting mah phat lewtz and the challenge of taking down interesting content with my buddies. What I hated was the slog that almost always came with it.
    Our Dungeon Delves are still the places where you will be going to get your phat lewt. They are still where you will find the some of the most interesting bosses, monsters and locations Neverwinter has to offer and you are your friends will be challenged to take down all of the content in them. Yet they are meant to be shorter less grindy affairs than traditional MMO raids

Yeah yeah yeah, let's get to the important question: How will I get my Party treasure here? Will it be random or rewarded to everybody?

Both, actually according to this revelation from this MMORPG.com article,

Here's where we learned something cool about Neverwinter's loot system when partied. She dropped something for everyone, stuff that no one but you can loot, and she also spawned a chest that we all had to roll on. Andy told us that the idea is for everyone to get something from their hard work in a dungeon, but they also want that traditional sense of "Oh, what's in the chest?!?" that has long been a hallmark of both D&D and MMORPGs.

(Note: These answers will be updated as we receive new information.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I kinda figured there wasn't any 6+ man raids ;/ was hoping for at least 12 ,soooooo many fun memory's of running TS elite in DDO ("Are we doing wall trick ?")
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I kinda figured there wasn't any 6+ man raids ;/ was hoping for at least 12 ,soooooo many fun memory's of running TS elite in DDO ("Are we doing wall exploit?")

They have said "not at launch". This does not mean greater than 5 people party won't be allowed in later. Many MMO actually add raid quite later to bring people back to their game, they don't usually do it at launch either.
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Ryvvik, have you put a guild post up yet?

Only the original posts from waaaayyyy back. This Post could be used as an interest for Aussie guilds as its most recent, the other threads are needing Resurrection> So to All of the Cobbers out there that wish to register interest, for aussie guilds. At this point we will have a teamspeak server as well currently 10 man (can be easily upgraded). Anyone that registered from when the merge happened is lost to the abyss, there handle on there post, bar the last 2 to post on the aussies report in post.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?3635-G-Day&highlight=aussie
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?3757-Hi-from-Australia&highlight=aussie
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?3636-Aussie-Players-report-in!&highlight=aussie
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ryvvik wrote: »
    Only the original posts from waaaayyyy back. This Post could be used as an interest for Aussie guilds as its most recent, the other threads are needing Resurrection...

Why don't you make a new thread about the guild ryvvik? With new information getting released, I am sure more people from Australia will be coming and it will help them if they go through the directory of guild in sticky and are able to find the guild easily. This and other thread might get buried with newer threads with time.

p.s. and you will make a great guild leader too :)
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »

p.s. and you will make a great guild leader too :)
    Hey Bud thanks, Um yeah SOA = i didn't found it, so im a bit hesitant to advertise under it, neither were any of the other guys (founders), so just wanting to remain respectful.

SO if ROBBO, RUBE, STEVO, any of you reading this HUrry up will ya, sign up ;P
  • hangten1hangten1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hope u guys do make an aussie guild will be interested in joining
    Vulnerable
    hangten1-rf.jpg
    edited January 2013
    hangten1 wrote: »
    hope u guys do make an aussie guild will be interested in joining

Welcome Bud
  • fionaelinettefionaelinette Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://www.19thbattalion.com/home

We are looking at expanding to Neverwinter among the many games we play. feel free to swing by the site and check us out
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited February 2013
    I am keen for an Aussie guild. If anyone wants to add, I am in. Never played a D&D online game before, though a huge icewind, baldur's and neverwinter fan.
  • dragonbane1977dragonbane1977 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please check this Aussie Guild out here: www.heroesofneverwinter.enjin.com that is very active and growing fast! We look forward to seeing you in the game!

Safe Journey,

The Jade Knight
    Knight Commander - Heroes of Neverwinter.
  • thorlundtthorlundt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey guys, I'm also looking for an aussie guild. Not sure what I want to play yet will have to test drive a few classes :) Cheers!
  • masteraeschylusmasteraeschylus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    <== Qlder looking for a guild :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Epoch Gaming is a Australian/late night West Coast US based guild. Priority is Aussie/Oceanic players though.

Only serious gamers need apply, we are sick of catering to casual players and only getting burnt for extending our hands to help people who have no care about us as people or players.

You ethier play hard or go home.
  • taintedmarbltaintedmarbl Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Epoch Gaming is a Australian/late night West Coast US based guild. Priority is Aussie/Oceanic players though.

Only serious gamers need apply, we are sick of catering to casual players and only getting burnt for extending our hands to help people who have no care about us as people or players.

You ethier play hard or go home.

And on that note, I'll point to <Drunken Sorcery> which is basically the opposite of everything you just said.:rolleyes:

We're pretty hardcore about being softcore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • torniotornio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited February 2013
    19bat_zps7fc6fad1.png
    // What we do Alive // ToRN \\ Echoes in Eternity \\
    The 19th Battalion
    "Captain's Company"
    [CURRENTLY RECRUITING]
    CAPT.png
  • chev1934chev1934 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Greetings and Well Met Fellow Heroes!

Heroes of Neverwinter is an Australian based Neverwinter Online Guild! We are a social, Mature, fun and friendly Guild that approaches the game in a casual manner, but once we hit End-game, I am all for organising some End-game Raiding through this site. We are all looking forward to sinking our teeth in come the first BETA, and I would like to take this opportunity to start building a solid Oceanic Australian player base!

Please feel free to spread the word about this Australian Guild and lets make it all it can be!

See you in game soon!

this is the link
    http://heroesofneverwinter.enjin.com/home

The Jade Knight
    Knight Commander - Heroes of Neverwinter.
  • bezza1985bezza1985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 83
    edited March 2013
    Well, I'm a West Aussie, and my guild has a few Aussies around in various games. I'm always keen for more people from my timezone, but my guild is filled with gaming addicts so they are on at all times of day and night.

Feel free to check us out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perth, Western Australia
    http://silverdragons-lair.net/
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We have loads of Aussies on board at The Older Gamers, 25+ gaming community. Feel free to drop by and check us out.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?27251-TOG!-The-Older-Gamers
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • lorimdirlorimdir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013

sss