test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Gray Legion RP

arumizyarumizy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
The Lusty Lady tavern, a small run down tavern in the hovel of what was once one of the greatest cities in the north. Outside of it, dozens of beings mingled, talked and some even were fighting amongst each other why the guard watched and cheered on. Of course the guards were paid off not to interfere, and to come when the owner of the Lusty Lady called.
As you open the doors the smell of women, stale beer and old sweat great you in an almost gut wrenching smack. The inside is filled to the brim with people, most of them wearing what one would imagine the cur in this area to wear. Others were outfitted in almost military looking uniforms and a few of those wore their armor and were armed to the gums. A squat, oversized Halfling woman ran up to you and smiled.
“ What will it be sir, the turnip soup is expecially watered down this day!” she said as she took the note from you. She smiled as you replied “ So long as there is bread”. She lead you through the throngs to one of the back tables where the armored and uniformed beings stood and sat making merry. You could hear stories of war, women and dragons amongst them.
The Halfling woman threw open a small door and stepped away so you can enter, as you walk in you see a task sitting in the middle of the tavern. A cloaked and hooded man sitting behind it with his boots up on the desk relaxing. He pulls his hood down as he starts to speak.
“ I heard you were interested in joining the legion, excellent news” he said as he kicked back onto the back legs of his chair “ You don’t look like much to me, but you will grow under our guidance. The pay is fifteen gold per month for recruits 20 for members and 30 for veterans” he said as he slid a contact out towards you. You quickly take the quill from the ink well ans scribble your name , the man lands with a thump then stands up and shakes your hand. You see what you think are dark features, he nods as he realizeses you notice him. He pulls the hood back exposing the dusky skin and short white Mohawk, a drow elf. No you realize he couldn’t be he was not near dark enough , a half-drow then.
“ I am commander Arumi Zy of Dambrath of the Neverwinter Garrison. An arm of the Gray Dawn garrison in Waterdeep and of the Gray Blades of Amn. Let me fill you in on the new rules you have agreed to, rule 1 we always accomplish our mission, 2 we always honor a contract, unless those contracts violate one of the rules, 3 we always back our sword brothers, 4 we never kill unarmed citizens and children and 5 we help those we can. Welcome to the Gray Legion” he says as he pulls out one of the black uniforms and hands it to you.
“ We work out of the Lusty Lady until we get our Barracks built, unfortunately it’s a low priority so be prepared for long days of drinking”.

OOC: Welcome to The Gray Legion, we are a Heavy RP guild focused on PVE and PVP equally. Pretty much what ever floats your boat. We will obviously have an ooc channel and so forth, teamspeak, and a few other pleasantries. RP is mandatory in local/say chats and guild chat, but party you don’t have to if its non-rpers with you. We will be having events and hopefully working with the other RP guilds.

Prerequisits: A character BIO is required, RPing is required, noobs welcome. You must be very mature ( Not saying you cant be goofy or cuss just know when your being annoying). Alignments: Even if the game doesn’t have this us vets of DnD understand, no NE or CE. If you are either and you can play nice we may consider it. Any questions ask me.
Post edited by arumizy on

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the truthseeker trudged wearily down the Beggar's Nest streets heading to the Protective Enclave and his home away from home, The Source Stone Tavern. It only was a few hours he was involved in his last three missions, but it seemed like an eternity.

First, the idiot of a very dead wizard who thought tapping the Far Realm was a good idea for "fixing" the Spellplague, then the poor soul affected by this in another residence who just recently got dropped off in a more private Sanctuary...than the Helm's Hold seething mess of hatred and violence it quietly has become.
    Then if those two weren't enough, the matter with the crown being taken...again, and that literally blowing up in everybody's faces...

I'm in no mood for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> right now. When I get back, if anybody pulls anything later tonight there, they will be sorry.

Nearing the gate to the Protected Enclave section, he hears...music. Looking, wondering what gambling den or illegal pit fighting this one will turn out to be, he sees dozens of people reveling a lot like they do on the Coriol Street Ashleigh lives on. Except here, the guard is actually encouraging them to continue rather than disperse.

Knowing a payout when he sees one (after all, the staff was no different in The Source Stone Tavern when it comes to keeping the mercenaries away, just not encouraging this outside their own establishment...but this is a more...law-strained section......,) truth shrugs and opens the tavern doors. The burst of stale beer and sweat from a packed bar was nor surprising, but finding a packed bar here was. Truth silently double checked anything of value was easily tucked away and decided to keep his floating implement up to show the suicidal idea anybody would have if they attempted to try and steal from him. A squat, oversized Halfling woman ran up to him and smiled.

"Evening. Looking for a strong shot of whiskey or six if you got it. Beer if you don't. Just no chipped glasses please, and we'll be fine."

Truth is led to and squeezed into some spot that looks like it would fit a drink on the bar while his order is literally screamed to be overheard by the "bartender."

[OOC]Excellent! As one of the people who manages a communal rolepaying thread, I welcome you and offer you to RP anytime at The Source Stone Tavern![OOC]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kryciuskrycius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 88
    edited November 2012
    Hi there, I am a RP'r of more then 35 yrs table top and more online games than I can name. I am looking to join a good guild of Roll players in NeverWinter and your introduction has piqued my curiosity to say the least. Do you currently have a guild page anywhere or forum? Or are you starting a fresh guild for NW? Frankly I'm looking to join a guild which is already set up and running but would join the right guild starting fresh. I am an avid RP'r and dont like drama in guilds so I tend to float towards guilds with age limits ect.. I have been in many guilds over the last 12 yrs or so but many seem to fall thru the cracks as players move on to new games or life in general gets in the way. I am retiring this April from a 20+ year career in the Army and plan to dedicate a good bit of time to this game and any guild I and up joining, while dedicating some time to the foundry making content. Would like to see a bit more info on the guild posted here and a good vision of what how you see the guild in the future..

As I said your intro look great and I would like to know more!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]