test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mechanism for RMT between users

2»

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    I guess so! What's yours?

My avatar is from a game like Magic: the Gathering online. It died pretty quickly and even now many many many years later I forget its name. I liked the character holding the fireball and with those eyes named "enlightenment," and you see him here today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This isn't RMT.

If Zen is only obtainable by paying money, this is gifting someone some ingame currency, that's VERY different, it's not even the same as giving someone an ingame item. I like it, DDO kind of suffers from me not being able to securely buy Turbine points for friends.

I would like to be able to send real monies through an ingame mechanism to people who create good content, astral diamonds? lol!
  • yolksonuyolksonu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited November 2012
    Bad idea all around and even worse is this idea that has been floating around for a few years. --> http://www.allgov.com/news/unusual-news/has-the-time-come-to-start-taxing-online-game-currency?news=844124

Game companies have all this data about game currency movement and it could be easily used to tax a player. Even if taxing game currency does not happen, real money transactions for someones work would be considered income.
    Einstein - "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yolksonu wrote: »
    Bad idea all around and even worse is this idea that has been floating around for a few years. --> http://www.allgov.com/news/unusual-news/has-the-time-come-to-start-taxing-online-game-currency?news=844124

Game companies have all this data about game currency movement and it could be easily used to tax a player. Even if taxing game currency does not happen, real money transactions for someones work would be considered income.

Which is why it is not possible to exchange game money back to RMT here. Once that is one by this company, it changes from a "service" to a taxable transaction both for the player and for the company and it's a complicated tracking mess. "Currency exchange" often is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]