test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Rogue powers/skills have we seen thus far?

jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
edited January 2013 in The Thieves' Den
let's see

1) basic strike (at will)
2) death strike - disappear in a puff of smoke and attack from behind (at will?)
3) drop a shadow targeting dummy to draw aggro (encounter?)
4) enter the "shadow realm" to cause increased damage (daily?)
5) rapidly moving multi-strike (daily)
6) rogue dodge (utility)

I think that is all I have seen in the utube videos...

am I missing anything?
Z2DEDiN.jpg
This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
| R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
Post edited by jadescimitar on

Comments

• aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Don't think so Jade.. there's bound to be a bunch of really cool ones judging from the 4.0 list though!!!! XD
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    let's see

1) basic strike (at will)
    2) death strike - disappear in a puff of smoke and attack from behind (at will?)
    3) drop a shadow targeting dummy to draw aggro (encounter?)
    4) enter the "shadow realm" to cause increased damage (daily?)
    5) rapidly moving multi-strike (daily)
    6) rogue dodge (utility)

I think that is all I have seen in the utube videos...

am I missing anything?

Yes, the one in videos where he jumps in shadow world and does aerial attack from front - the same one used in the "The story of Neverwinter part 2" trailer as well as gameplay videos. that one should be encounter I think.
    rest are afaik, correct.

EDIT: don't know the name but Shu-Fly stab will do :p
  • nachinekonachineko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sly Flourish is moused over briefly in one video. The backstab is probably Deft Strike. The striking from the shadows attack would appear to be Ghost on the Wind. Tumble is in there obviously. Aside from that, pretty hard to nail down the rest without knowing how they're interpreting certain mechanics. The dash is presumably a burst or shift, the shadow could be any number of moves that distract enemies.
  • johnnybigodejohnnybigode Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well, I would love to see a Rogue class in the game, making use of Bluff skills.
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well, I would love to see a Rogue class in the game, making use of Bluff skills.

"These are not the druids you are looking for..."
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • ereviskaelereviskael Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i want shadow dancer, and shade/ shadar-kai races...... PLZ has anyone heard anything
  • ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm just now getting involved in 4e (because of Neverwinter), and I'm hoping I can make my Swashbuckler. I just hope it's not as lame as the DDO version (I have never seen so much swinging and swiping with a rapier as I have in that game).
  • mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    bows and arrows and weapon swap anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shredstallion33shredstallion33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited December 2012
    mnatic wrote: »
    bows and arrows and weapon swap anyone?

I read the front page and looks like it only mentions daggers, not much for your Artemis enterri fans to go on. And the lack of drizzt wannabe builds is gonna be a plus and a negative since it is rumored that the ranger may not make it to launch.
  • valandur1valandur1 Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2012
    I read the front page and looks like it only mentions daggers, not much for your Artemis enterri fans to go on. And the lack of drizzt wannabe builds is gonna be a plus and a negative since it is rumored that the ranger may not make it to launch.

I think the Ranger is in. I've not heard anything that hints that the class won't be included. During one of the show interviews they mentioned the Ranger. While the guy didn't come right out and say it, he sure hinted that they had a Ranger in the woodshed! Lol.
  • tiima1tiima1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I guess another question is if they'll allow ranged sneak attacks, or the ability to use ranged weapons with rogue abilities, and what that would look like (this is allowed in D&D 4e). We just haven't seen enough to make any educated guesses about it.

I do like rangers! My main character in my tabletop game was a dual-blade ranger until our party suddenly found itself in need of a tank.
    [SIGPIC]Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.[/SIGPIC]
    Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.
  • zeoxzzeoxz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ya there wasnt any vids of
    shuriken, sling or crossbows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dang it, I have no new public rogue info to share as of yet. But I'm betting on ranged options of some kind.

Still no public or even private confirmation on Rangers though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valandur1valandur1 Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2012
    I was trying to find the interview where I heard the Ranger mentioned. Still haven't run across it yet. But, if you listen right around the 2:00-2:40 mark on this interview http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdqZM_R62_Y#/watch?v=IdqZM_R62_Y Andy V says that in addition to the known classes, they will release details on "many more" classes once the show dies down. I assume the show is what they are attending. Hopefully it's died down enough now? :P the many more is what interests me though. I've felt that they had many more classes all set to go, but by only showing 3, and hinting at the cleric, many are convinced that the game will be released with only those few classes to choose from.

I'm going to find that interview where they mention the Ranger though!
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nice screens ryvvik!
    valandur1 wrote: »
    I'm going to find that interview where they mention the Ranger though!
    We have some spies in cryptic, one such cryptically named spy as h2orat confirmed that "Ranger is in works" in one of the threads.
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Nice screens ryvvik!

We have some spies in cryptic, one such cryptically named spy as h2orat confirmed that "Ranger is in works" in one of the threads.

The thieves guild is doing it's job