Options

In favor of the Monks

2»

Comments

• Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    Anyone who's read the realms books, is Danica not a monk? She's in Forgotten Realms, along WITH a priest (Cadderly). So the argument of monks/religion is LITERALLY shot in it's face right there. :-D

Aye in the cleric quintet she's a lvl 17 monk I believe that follows the training of Grandmaster Penpahg D'Ahn via scrolls from the Edificant/Spirit Soaring library.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Aye in the cleric quintet she's a lvl 17 monk I believe that follows the training of Grandmaster Penpahg D'Ahn via scrolls from the Edificant/Spirit Soaring library.

Indeed you're right gads....it's been ages since I read those.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    health002 wrote: »
    what ever happen to Wild Mages ? did they blow them self's up? WTB wild-fire

See, this is why it pays to read all the forum! :p I answered that in this post right here in this thread.

~ In like 3-4 days playing XCom til the wheels fall off

~ PvP in Guild Wars 2

~ Getting busy with the new Wild Mage in Baldur's Gate EE

~ Trying to find any/all info i can on Project Eternity

But Mostly....

~ Performing voodoo rituals to get a higher up to slip me a Neverwinter Beta Key
    Keep me posted on Xcom...and oh,, you're a BG wild mage fan too?!

Sorta sad they moved the wild mage to sorcerer in 4th ed, but it makes sense.
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Well, streams and simulcasts have certainly already brought many of the anime fans who shunned fansubs for various reasons a lot more up-to-date with current trends and shows. 50-80% of every new anime season is being streamed officially these days. I'd say that's a big change in awareness. I highly doubt there'll be a backward feedback anytime soon though, because ultimately the Japanese make anime for themselves and earn very little from overseas fans.

As for BG, I never found it in me to complete the first installment, but in BGII the Wild Mage was one overpowered SoB, especially considering ToB "cheese". As chances of harmful "wild effects" approached 0, being able to cast level IX-X spells as often as level I spells seemed very unbalanced.

And yeah, now that you say it, moving them to sorc makes perfect sense. There's little in the Wild Mage description that agrees with the way a wizard would behave or operate.

Dammit, I officially have no life :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    enygmasoulenygmasoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    health002 wrote: »
    what ever happen to Wild Mages ? did they blow them self's up? WTB wild-fire

If my memory isn't too cloudy, I believe they've more or less been folded into the Sorcerer class as one of the potential builds/themes/play-styles/gimmicks. I seem to recall them being one of the Dex-based options. (All Sorcerers use Charisma primary, and either Strength or Dex as a secondary)

Really don't feel like busting out my PHB2 to double-check.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use "
    -- Galileo Galilei
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    enygmasoul wrote: »
    If my memory isn't too cloudy, I believe they've more or less been folded into the Sorcerer class as one of the potential builds/themes/play-styles/gimmicks. I seem to recall them being one of the Dex-based options. (All Sorcerers use Charisma primary, and either Strength or Dex as a secondary)

Really don't feel like busting out my PHB2 to double-check.

I Haz Ninja'd reply
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    I think most eastern-themed warriors should be kept for eastern-themed campaigns. Sword Coast is very much traditional Western medival, where religion doesn't go together with crazy hand-to-hand fighting.

I don't really understand... do you mean eastern monks or oriental monks?
    Monks in 4e are a different from any real life monks. Unlike western medivial world, in FR there is not a single prominent diety but many of them co-existing on sword coast. And because of monsters, killing a monster is regarded as good.
    Much of the theology of monk is usually based on eastern monks - like their becoming more and more like outsiders, living with discipline and most powers only coming at lvl 20. Though many things are added from western and oriental monks too.

However, how one develops or wants to develop their character is best left to player. The game's duty is to provide options and balanced rulesets.
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Anti-Spam bump ;)