test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wishing

wizardlockwizardlock Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
I was wondering if you can walk in first person in the mmo game and fight in first person and can we run , jump and climb walls and fly from spell or potion flight or we could fly on a dragon have air combat now that will make the mmo more Successfull if not now then, make it in the one Expansion fore the game something eles if you thinking to add the Bard class one day could you make that it so we could play live music from the bard on those instruments we find and record oure tune's ? it was so close to work in Neverwinter night 2 like the way the do in the lord of the rings online
Post edited by wizardlock on

Comments

• katalystikkatalystik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    *tries so hard to find a period in that... sentence, but cannot*

I highly doubt anything you listed will be in-game at launch... except the running part. Read the FAQ here on the forums here for some information as we know it. Those would be cool things to see, but don't seem plausible at launch and may not fit the setting we're presented with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wizardlockwizardlock Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Then how well this mmo compete to other great game /mmo if you dont have something new it will not survive fore long??
  • katalystikkatalystik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think the "new" part comes in the form of the Foundry. Can't say a lot of games let players make their own entire missions save for another Cryptic game and non-MMO's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • catburger003catburger003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    LOL, what are we playing? Skyrim?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want to HAMSTER in Neverwinter, whenever I want, for as long as I want.
  • wizardlockwizardlock Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have heard that Elder Scroll well be a mmo soon?
  • catburger003catburger003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes it will happen but, do not expect that the art style and game play will be the same since different studios are making it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want to HAMSTER in Neverwinter, whenever I want, for as long as I want.
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In Champions Online I can scroll the camera in to a place roughly where the head is and just a hair in front of my character's model. It plays like an analogue of first person, but the controls and animations certainly aren't any different when I play that way. I'm guessing that might be all we get.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wow, please do use some punctuation for multiple sentences. But I was able to get the requests and questions.

From the history of Cryptic and PWE games yes, you can move the camera around but no you don't have any toggle first/third person options like Dungeons and Dragons online. Running and jumping (not 100% sure on jumping though) are in the game, but climbing (short of objects like ladders) are currently not.

Flying is currently not used in game yet (including flying on creatures.) Such a thing is very high level, or upper Paragon when it comes to specifically flying on a dragon. Saying it would make the MMO more successful means you obviously understand the Dungeons and Dragons game need to wait until then since this is branded off of the game and will use the Forgottten Realms and D&D culture a lot and as we know, unlike Azeroth, there are not a bunch of heroes even adventurers flying around on creatures or even using fly rituals. Teleports however, expect a lot. Especially since it's User-Generated Content or Foundry supported.

The Bard class request is mentioned in this thread and this thread. However the playing live music is already done by Lord of the Rings Online, and this game hasn't even released a bard class let alone what they do. Again, post the request that the bard can compose musically and we can hear it on our audio on the thread or threads mentioned. I recommend the first link as it's the most used.

Finally, I do recommend you read my FAQ to see what is and is not being done in the game. Its questions come from users like you. If you have further questions after that, by all means, post more. Please though, place periods between sentences as it's hard to read them without. Thank you.
    wizardlock wrote: »
    I have heard that Elder Scroll well be a mmo soon?

Well, finally after decades, that company is trying to make multiplayer what is next-to-impossible to make for single player alone. They are so engrossed or far behind they are late even with trailers. I recommend you consider the topic of this thread and change it for Elder Scrolls Online when you consider expectations.

But it's another company, not this one. But if they pull if off, more power to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]