test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter the next Neverwinter Nights?

templaridmtemplaridm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
so there are still people who play Neverwinter nights.

This is obvious the same setting but updated to more current D&D standards.

my question is, "From all they have announced and shown off, is "Neverwinter" the next "Neverwinter Nights"?

what made nwn so amazing was the customization options that allowed players to create their own servers with their own unique worlds, items, options, etc, etc, etc.

Add that to the fact that it is and was able to run on player owned server boxes with low bandwidth and various operating systems from the start.

I've heard many people say Neverwinter Nights 2. bombed due to the player customization not allowing all of the more popular operating systems AND that the design forced the entire server world to load at once rather then NWN's style of by area entered so the bandwidth remained low among other issues.

is Neverwinter going to do the same as the original Neverwinter Nights? Will they leap off at the start allowing the foundrey to be tinkered with to allow truly unique customizable options?

Comments

• ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    templaridm wrote: »
    is Neverwinter going to do the same as the original Neverwinter Nights? Will they leap off at the start allowing the foundrey to be tinkered with to allow truly unique customizable options?

I feel they are trying to put everything possible inplace even breaking there STO foundry mould to pull the NWN player base community over, with introducing new elements in foundry for UGC. I dont think they will allow for tinkering, as this is where things will start to go wrong, hacking ect ect. If it isnt in game when it launches its up to you as a player to say hey would this........ be a good idea, and if its not been added to foundry and they feel its a good idea im sure, it could be implemented.
  • templaridmtemplaridm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well the hacking part can be prevented usually. the big customization parts are the amazing scripts the people can make that are able to take the base NWN game and add things like customizable classes, feats, events, scripts(both local and global) and things like that.

on the original when making your server you can check off the box to enforce legal characters and that cuts a good amount of hacking down. With the master server down on NWN the use of Security scripts as well as active Dev's and DM's are able to use IP ban's and other methods to cut out most of the rest.