test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

classes and universe setting

ryhsryhs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Since DDO is based on Eberron, Turbine introduced the Artificer class and the Warforged race which are exclusive to the Eberron setting.

So since Cryptic intend to create a game based on the Forgotten Realms, I think it would be cool if they introduce the SWORDMAGE class and the GENASI race which are exclusive to the Forgotten Realms setting.

Just wanted to voice my opinion
Post edited by ryhs on

Comments

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes it makes sense.

Also as there are no warforged in FR, please don't bring those wood and steel abominations here either.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ryhs wrote: »
    Since DDO is based on Eberron, Turbine introduced the Artificer class and the Warforged race which are exclusive to the Eberron setting.

So since Cryptic intend to create a game based on the Forgotten Realms, I think it would be cool if they introduce the SWORDMAGE class and the GENASI race which are exclusive to the Forgotten Realms setting.

Just wanted to voice my opinion

+1, planar races all the way. Don't forget Aasimar.

I'd prefer to see the primal classes first (druid/shaman/seeker etc), followed by warlocks, but eventually swordmage has its place in the game, too.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    +1, planar races all the way. Don't forget Aasimar.

I'd prefer to see the primal classes first (druid/shaman/seeker etc), followed by warlocks, but eventually swordmage has its place in the game, too.

Sorry to break your heart twice, but no Aasimar either. gods also cannot reproduce(Or breed is correct term?) with humans now. We have devas, who are mortal avatar kind of thingy of gods. This does not mean deva is same as god, but shares the same spirit (may also end up opposing the deity deva is incarnation of).
    But deva cannot breed/reproduce at all. It just borns and dies like warforged.

However, the class system has been shuffled and the new classes are all cool. So if you like genasi, they are really cool with all demon-elemental thing. There is a race made up of shards(crystals) etc. Infact I don't think genasi can be at launch as they look too different from humaoids. Devs will have to make special cool animations for them.

Swordmage is specific to FR so I also think it should be there at launch and in a very big way.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, it's specific but not core, and I'd rather get the core classes first, especially the primal ones, since afaik none are included at release.

Shame bout the aasimar, they made good pallys. Strange that none would survive the cataclysm. Daevas are a decent alternative, though.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Well, it's specific but not core, and I'd rather get the core classes first, especially the primal ones, since afaik none are included at release.

Shame bout the aasimar, they made good pallys. Strange that none would survive the cataclysm. Daevas are a decent alternative, though.

I used to think the same then looked up on the Deva and actually like the Deva race better. I like the whole reincarnation thing about em. I really hope that they make the first race additions as I want a celestial type race from my divine characters.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Seconded for the swordmage and Genasi. Hope to see them in a future release!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]