test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where do we report Neverwinter Online Forum issues?

iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The question is quite straightforward. At the time of this posting, I'm specifically referring to The Library which does not allow any post threads (but the other three class forum groups do,) but this is a general question for this and all future issues discovered.

BTW: Please do allow access to this group as Wizards are my favorite class!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by iamtruthseeker on

Comments

• Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2012
    If you notice, there has not been an answer to this question.

Absence does not make the heart grow fonder in this case, but instead smacks of the complete ignorance or absence of a moderator.

I was looking for a bottom drawer to as to where to post the next question pointedly: Why are visitors to this forum forced to register, even if they are just curious about the track record of the forum and not to bother anyone?

Expecting no answer, I would venture out here and make the point that some serious attention is lacking for any group or company hoping to spread the good word out on a forthcoming financial adventure such as this.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kyllroy2 wrote: »

Why are visitors to this forum forced to register, even if they are just curious about the track record of the forum and not to bother anyone?

huh? That is news to me. I don't think so.

You can browse forums even without registering. Even Today's post works, even without registering. You can't post anonymously though. All PW forums are pro-window shopping.

Regarding truthseeker's question, there is a place to solve forum related issues (he updated his FAQ with the link - the technical support of PW, newly started) but there is still no place where they accept suggestions for improvement/bugs of forums.

Though I once post a thread about spelling mistake on the forum main page, and it was corrected that week itself. So I believe they look into posts sometimes, though they may not reply a lot.

EDIT: You are probably getting redirected to splash page of NW. If you click enter the official site instead of logging in, then go to Community menu box-->Forums; or bookmark this link, you won't need to register.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    btw, if you have a technical issue etc, this is the place to go:-

HERE

Darthpanda is very responsive. Faster than kungfu even.

The thread was about suggestions. When forums were rebooted, we had many suggestions to give but there seemed no takers. The issue of The library was solved very soon(like two days or less) after this thread was started.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for that information. It was the automatic screen that popped up on attempting to enter the forum that had me concerned. I'm not sure a casual passing potential customer would go deeper or lose interest.
    I get the feeling from all this that no one has a vested interest in maintaining the flow of easy information. I would think that it might pay off to establish a chat/forum moderator by someone other than the head developer. The dead time is fast coming to an end and the beta is about to see light...just sayin'.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    kyllroy2 wrote: »
    Thanks for that information. It was the automatic screen that popped up on attempting to enter the forum that had me concerned. I'm not sure a casual passing potential customer would go deeper or lose interest.
    I get the feeling from all this that no one has a vested interest in maintaining the flow of easy information. I would think that it might pay off to establish a chat/forum moderator by someone other than the head developer. The dead time is fast coming to an end and the beta is about to see light...just sayin'.

It s actually an important issue and a good suggestion. But the welcome screen is required - for once the beta is released, everyone will quickly make an account and download game without visiting other pages. But until the beta is released, maybe they can link forums directly on that page so that you don't have to create account.

However, there is "Enter Website" button which can always be clicked to go to main page without creating account from that welcome/popup page. That should mitigate the pain a little.

Regarding information yes its hard, but the marketing team has a certain strategy which they are following. To increase the number of diverse users, they will release information on rolling basis.
  • Options
    ranma9999ranma9999 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    why is the blackdagger quest ''A leaky Prosposition'' didnt fix the bug yet i need to complete the quest man pls fast fix and thank you
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Wow what a necro...

This was from way back when the forums were first created and at that time Truthseeker wasn't even a moderator. o.O

The fix is already on the Preview Server. It'll be on the live server as soon as it's tested completely. ;)

Removed from the News Section and Locked as this thread has absolutely no relevance this day in age.

The answer to Truthseeker's Question is to let the Community Moderators and Managers know if there are issues with the forums, let customer service know if there are issues with the website and report in game bugs either through the in game support system or file a Support Ticket. :)
This discussion has been closed.