test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Games to pass time till Neverwinter?

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
What is everyone playing to pass time until beta and release?

I've been playing the original NWN lately and trying out modules I never got to, For an old game, once modded up this game is still beast!

Also last night I dowloaded D&D Temple of elemental evil and the new circle of eight mod pack for it. I'm pretty excited to get to this one later today.

Then once Diablo 3 comes out I'll play that until Neverwinter Beta, if I get in.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2012
    Minecraft, Skyrim and Star Trek Online for me...
    edited April 2012
    I'm usually hanging around in the NWN Scripting forums trying to help out the folks just getting into module building/scripting. Yes people are still playing NWN.;)

I still play WOW mostly, then a little bit of Minecraft, Skyrim, or Fallout. I also will be playing Diablo 3 when it comes out.
    edited April 2012
    CO TOR DIII beta. I'm also doing the groundwork for several modules for Neverwinter testing out a few concepts in STO's foundry I hope we can link our modules together in a campaign of sorts .
    edited April 2012
    Dungeons of Dreamor
    edited April 2012
    Been doing Diablo 3 beta, did SWToR beta & was playing that until I just couldnt take their wussified Empire & lack of imaginative storylines any longer. Cancelled my account finally yesterday. Should have done it two months ago. Have gotten sucked back in to DDO. MUCH improved since I played back in it's beta (and promptly cancelled my sub the week after launch). Will continue playing that & Diablo for awhile.
    edited April 2012
    For pc Diablo 3 , PS3 GT5 (with wheel TS500 and manual gear box u wont feel how year pass till you learn 2 drive :P)
    edited April 2012
    nekoatl wrote:
    Dungeons of Dreadmor

Edit: corrected typo
    edited April 2012
    CO, TOR, NWN2 PW's, LoL, HoN, DotA2, The Witcher 2, AC V and ME 3. Tons of good games to play.
    edited April 2012
    Went retro and played Planescape: Torment with a lot of the updated patches that came out the last decade. See why it's considered one of the best D&D computer games ever and it's pretty darn unique and almost nothing like the typical 2nd ed game system it was made for then. Go Sigil!

Look up Good Old Games to download the classic game if interested.
    edited April 2012
    A sizable portion of mass effect, with mass effect on the side, seasoned with mass effect.
    edited April 2012
    Went retro and played Planescape: Torment with a lot of the updated patches that came out the last decade. See why it's considered one of the best D&D computer games ever and it's pretty darn unique and almost nothing like the typical 2nd ed game system it was made for then. Go Sigil!

Oh fond memories of that game. Ive been playing Witcher 2 on the XBox. Just re installed NWN onto this laptop. I've actually been without a good pc for a few years and this guy rocks.
    edited April 2012

Best game I'll ever play..^^
    edited April 2012

Yeah I'm currently playing Temple of Elemental Evil I picked it up there ...simply awesome game I don't get why it got trashed at release.
    edited April 2012
    nimloh wrote:
    A sizable portion of mass effect, with mass effect on the side, seasoned with mass effect.

Ewww. Why would you want Twilight for nerds?
    edited April 2012
    silverspar wrote: »

Cause we all have our opinions?

I personally play H3, BG2, WC3, FFIX & FFX :P
    edited April 2012

* holds head in shame *
    edited April 2012

Dude Mass effect rocks......don't be a sheep Bioware hater. :rolleyes:
    edited April 2012
    Dude Mass effect rocks......don't be a sheep Bioware hater. :rolleyes:

I am not being a sheep. I played it formed my own opinion, and so far I don't understand where people get roleplaying game, especially as the series has gone on it has lost everything that made it an RP. In short, I've never liked Mass Effect when it first launched. If I can't bring myself to play a second run through of a game then it's not as great as it was let on.
    edited April 2012
    Right now - running around in ye olde Star Wars with my wife, trying to bring the epic journey of my Paragon Commander Shepherd to a close (but not finding the spare time), and occassionally learning a new dragon shout. Also, on occassion, I will open the NWN2 toolset, fiddle around for a few hours before running out of steam/realizing I didn't come in with a plan, close the toolset, and go about my business.
    edited April 2012
    With so much less time on my hands than I'm used to, and zero money to spare, I've put all my eggs in the Diablo basket. I figure, when Blizzard puts a lot of time into something, it usually comes out pretty well polished and worthwhile. I need one killer game to last until I get more money, which could be a long, long time, and odds on favorite is D3.

Also, I have good memories of selling everything I had to get a Sapphire Amulet of Lords in D1 and instantly becoming a god. A nude, unarmed god. I'd like to try duplicating this experience. But maybe this time, with clothes!
    edited April 2012
    I am not being a sheep. I played it formed my own opinion, and so far I don't understand where people get roleplaying game, especially as the series has gone on it has lost everything that made it an RP. In short, I've never liked Mass Effect when it first launched. If I can't bring myself to play a second run through of a game then it's not as great as it was let on.

Not as great for you...other people like it.

There is that pesky "subjective" thing again. :rolleyes:
    edited April 2012

I liked me1 & 2. I wish it were more RPG and a bit less shooter but sales prove my wish to be the poor one there. I always wanted to play as a quarian on pilgrimage vs commander Shepard. But me ended for me with the sucky ending. Not interested in it anymore.
    edited April 2012
    World of Tanks, Minecraft, NWN1 PW's and Second Life

:cool:
    edited April 2012
    World of Tanks, Minecraft, NWN1 PW's and Second Life

:cool:

Hey Superfly. I haven't seen you over in the scripting forums for a loooong time. Looks like we're both waiting to see what's up with Neverwinter now. ;)
    edited April 2012
    Yeah sorry :D hehe...been having long vacation and now mostly play World of Tanks :cool:

Had the idea to make a PW...but only got started really...

Maybe i'll get back to it some time...

Like I posted in another thread I actually lost hope already about this game unfortunately. It looks like it will be way too much WoW:ified for my liking...

There are some other games that stand a slightly better chance of being interesting like Pathfinder Online and Banner Saga...
    edited April 2012
    GW2 when it releases. Till then I'll be playing Skyrim and SWTOR.
    edited April 2012
    GhostOfGod wrote:
    I'm usually hanging around in the NWN Scripting forums trying to help out the folks just getting into module building/scripting. Yes people are still playing NWN.;)

I still play WOW mostly, then a little bit of Minecraft, Skyrim, or Fallout. I also will be playing Diablo 3 when it comes out.

I still host some servers with a bunch of custom scripts and systems, several of my own making. :)

I can highly recommend the NWN Lexicon and the NWVault scripting tutorials. Very helpful resources. :cool:

As for what I'm playing... Guild Wars, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dragon Age, A little Wasteland and Fallout 3 with custom mods my brother made for me, and for my friends on Steam I will do Borderlands and Left for Dead 1 & 2. Not much NWN1 but I do check in on the servers pretty much weekly.
    edited April 2012
    Yeah I'm currently playing Temple of Elemental Evil I picked it up there ...simply awesome game I don't get why it got trashed at release.

Take another forum day off and so many posts on this thread!

Well the answer is the game was exceptionally buggy to the point of almost unplayable when released. Once those were fixed it was awesome, but the damage was done. It still was considered one of the best D&D games around though when the smoke cleared from this, but nowhere as good as the story from Planescape Torment though in other people's opinion. But that's saying incredible versus epic, so both games are winners.
    edited April 2012
    I am thinking of buying NWN, or NWN2, or just playing DDO to pass the time. Any recommendations? I have played DDO before, but didn't really get past the starter area. Haven't played the other two at all.
    edited April 2012
    Break-Out wrote: »
    I am thinking of buying NWN, or NWN2, or just playing DDO to pass the time. Any recommendations? I have played DDO before, but didn't really get past the starter area. Haven't played the other two at all.

You can try other games by cryptic which might have similar gameplay:- Champions online for gameplay and STO(startrek) for foundry.

For fluff... sorry, lore of D&D, it would be based on 4e for which there hasn't been a game yet I think.

For character creation, they are not releasing all classes but basic ones. And they haven't released any info on how the character builds would be.

I do not recommend, and you must ignore this if you are just a casual player checking out this game, but it may be based on pen and paper 4e edition. For that, you may check WotC website for character creation, or can buy a book on D&D from store, I think just player handbook and player guide would give you an idea of classes. Then if you like sword, you can check the martial power book, for magic - arcane power and for holy magic the divine power one. Though going for pnp just for this game is a lot of lost effort.