test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

-:- Vigilant Addiction -:- 21+ / CST / Since 1999

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
Greetings fellow Gamer...

I first recommend opening our 'about' page in a new tab: www.vigilantaddiction.com/about

Vigilant Addiction is a Community of Hardcore Gamers with a casual/relaxed mind-set. The average Community age is likely around 26 yummy birthday cakes, and/or pie. We began our official online Gaming lives back around 1998 and came together as a Community in 1999. You'll note the many games we've played as a Community together since then; in our 'about' section I linked up. We have wives, lives, responsibilities and desires outside of the Gaming Realm; however it will never kill or snuff out our Gaming Addictions, so we stay Vigilant as a tight knit community; playing whatever game is feeding our need to Game.

Playing as a Community that has been around for more than a decade has its perks. You get to feel out your fellow Gamers and get a sense and style for their gaming habits. You'll begin to get almost a sixth sense about what skills they might do... will they flank? Do they know to stay out of that fire? Will they bring beer tonight? All key strategies to give us an edge.

When VA seeks enlistment we aren't just looking for people for one game; we recruit for our Community, our family of Gamers. Once you have been accepted past Apprenticeship into the Family of Vigilant Addiction; you're a member, brother or sister, for life. We see excellent people come and go from our Family over the course of years... some come back later; others disappear into the world of Gaming and we never hear from them again. Another perk of being with VA is certainty; we'll never disband. You can always find us at www.vigilantaddiction.com

Without further introduction I'll bring you the gravy.. the details of our setup for Neverwinter:

Primary Focus: PvE (Obvious Reasons)
Secondary Focus: PvP (TBD)

Timezone: Central Based

Event Times: Tuesday / Thursday @ 8:10pm ~ Friday / Saturday / Sunday @ 7:10pm (Make-up/Filler)

Voice Communication: Mumble - If you don't have a *USB* Head/Mic you will need to invest in one. Push-To-Talk Required. (They're like $30 and we've even footed the bill for some people in the past)

Age Group: 21 - 45 (Ages Younger and Older are only by Exception)

Community Activeness: High. (We expect high forum/email/texting/messenger usage!) E-Mails are provided. Facebook optional.

Previous Gaming Experience: At least 2+ Years of MMO Experience

We're not a number-shot Community. That means we don't pride ourselves on saying "We've got hundreds of members!" - We pride ourselves on having experienced, skilled, focused and active Gamers. One of our key words we use is "Execute" your role; and "Push it!" to the maximum of your ability.

Well, you might be thinking to yourself... this kinda sounds like some kind of crazy elitist guild! Truth be told... we're far from that. Mistakes are made by even the greatest. We do not want people that are egotistic or the 'I always am right' people. Everyone is held in the greatest respect and drama is avoided by respectfully disagreeing. So if you're a person that 'always has to be first'... we don't want you. However, if you're a person that 'always strives to be first' and no matter the outcome, you still put in your best effort and pat your Gamemates on the back in the end; win, or lose... now you're starting to sound like a VA'er.

I hope you have made it to the end of this post and found it some what entertaining. I look forward to meeting everyone in Neverwinter's Community. If you want to talk more about our Community then I would direct you to the forum on our website. If you sneak in the phrase 'A Bag of MilkyWays!' into your Application it could just earn you some bonus points. (Yum!)

[/tiphat /respectfulbow /salute /chugbeer]

\\// Strikes :|: Founder //\\
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2012
    Well met and welcome (both you and your community) to Neverwinter! I hope you brought enough Milky Ways for everybody! :D
    edited April 2012
    Hey TS - Thanks for the warm greetings. I might need to cross-check the amount of Milky Ways that are available... haha.

It's a reference though to one of our Community Favorite gaming videos... cracks me up every time I watch it.
    edited April 2012
    strikes wrote: »
    Hey TS - Thanks for the warm greetings. I might need to cross-check the amount of Milky Ways that are available... haha.

It's a reference though to one of our Community Favorite gaming videos... cracks me up every time I watch it.

You're welcome but now I'm intrigued what this video shows.
  • solace1245solace1245 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    Well, you might be thinking to yourself... this kinda sounds like some kind of crazy elitist guild! Truth be told... we're far from that. Mistakes are made by even the greatest. We do not want people that are egotistic or the 'I always am right' people. Everyone is held in the greatest respect and drama is avoided by respectfully disagreeing. So if you're a person that 'always has to be first'... we don't want you. However, if you're a person that 'always strives to be first' and no matter the outcome, you still put in your best effort and pat your Gamemates on the back in the end; win, or lose... now you're starting to sound like a VA'er.

I hope you have made it to the end of this post and found it some what entertaining. I look forward to meeting everyone in Neverwinter's Community. If you want to talk more about our Community then I would direct you to the forum on our website. If you sneak in the phrase 'A Bag of MilkyWays!' into your Application it could just earn you some bonus points. (Yum!)

Application Submitted !
  • kelestrakelestra Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited February 2013
    I hope everyone is enjoying their Beta Weekend if they were able to get in; I did a recording of me playing the Trickster Rogue last night on the Beta Server. (Yes, recording was allowed for the Beta Weekend) You can see that one @ http://www.youtube.com/user/VigilantVids - That is where we like to upload videos from everyone in our community.

We went through a logo redesign for our image; and soon a complete website overhaul once we locate, and hire, a website designer.

4_VABannerNew.png

Again; we love our hardcore and casualcore Gamers. We're a mature community and we've been around for over a decade now with the same friendly people through all those years. There's no harm is trying us out to see if we're a fit for you. Come join us for Neverwinter!

www.vigilantaddiction.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Multi-Gaming Community Founded in 1999 ~ Casual/Hardcore Friendly ~ Ages 21+ Preferred
    Enjoy our Community @ www.vigilantaddiction.com & http://www.twitch.tv/team/vigilantaddiction
  • namodiasnamodias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i have been to your website and am thinkingabout applying. dont worry i will bring a bag of milky ways! :)
  • namodiasnamodias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    man..... your app is messed up on ios device, i have tried to register many times and have gotton so many errors. :( i give up.
  • kelestrakelestra Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited February 2013
    iOS Device? Are you registering on your iPhone/iPad? I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

We have plenty of members that use iOS desktops/laptops though and they run the website fine. Sorry you had issues and hope you look into why it's not letting you get through.

It's based off the Enjin.com website/API so maybe that information helps?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Multi-Gaming Community Founded in 1999 ~ Casual/Hardcore Friendly ~ Ages 21+ Preferred
    Enjoy our Community @ www.vigilantaddiction.com & http://www.twitch.tv/team/vigilantaddiction
    edited February 2013
    I would like to welcome Rigas into our merry group! He's been a delight to chat with on our Mumble server. Good times!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Happy Open Beta launch everyone! We're looking forward to seeing the influx of people! ;)

I also wanted to take a moment to update this thread with our server choice: Beholder

You can send a friend request to: "Strikes Stenelos@strikes12" in-game for an invite, but I also suggest applying on our website to get fully registered with our community. When I get your request, I'll likely ask who it is and just let me know that you're applying from the forum. It's certainly not required to register at the website; you just won't have access to some of our other perks we offer as a community.

See you all in Neverwinter!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]