test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for players from old Urath (NWN)

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
"I call forth the heroes from the old world of URATH to set aside your life your living and once more take up your skills and rally once more for the plight of a place called Neverwinter......"

Will be looking for players who love to do a lot of roleplaying with their characters. Because of times that folks play will be looking for players from the U.K and Europe but just about anywhere will do so long as one likes staying up late ;)

England, Liverpool.
(GMT) U.k
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2011
    ..........gods Help Those Who Help Themselves............
    edited November 2011
    Can it be? ... That old priest is still around? What is he doing?

....with a whisper of a few words, he casts a spell that blinds those who are not faithful, and proceeds to disappear into the shadow.

Tailing him, a young devious wizard who seems to be mentally troubled.

...Othantis!
    edited December 2011
    Hi its Meka Aurora. Good to see you 2. I have been trying to post on the Twilight Legacy forum, but it never confirms my login.

Anywho I have a copy of Urath 4th Age but am missing the urath9-1.66.hak file. I have tried to fudge it by giving a fake version of the file to see inside the mod and it seems to work.

I would love to have Urath brought back in the original NWN form, but I personally cannot host/run such a thing. I would be happy to give the files to someone from the old days if they want to run it again.

Note that I am not sure if you would need Razor's permission to do so.

I just really miss Urath and the awesome people who played on it.

If anyone has that missing hak file or is interested in resurrecting the Urath server let me know.
    edited December 2011
    Othantis i've inboxed you my friend.
    Hydromancerx its very nice to hear from you after all this time. Hope life is treating yourself and family well. I guess we all miss playing in what was one of my best worlds to rp in. Really was like one big family ;).
    Glad you still have the old Urath 4th age. Would love to start it up again but just dont think we would ever get the players back or have it the way it was all them years ago, plus don't have the time like i used to. All them late nights, i don't think i could hack anymore haha. Not getting any younger you know!! ;)
    Hydromancerx i've inboxed you :)
    edited December 2011
    Last night i got the game running without the last hak. It was very weird to see the world so empty. I am not sure what the last hak did but all I can see wrong is some missing heads on NPCs. I suspect that was from the heads hack. I should look for the portraits pack too since back when I was in charge of keeping it up to date.

I also recently spoke to Celine (aka Damon), he is interested but no longer has the game anymore. Seems like the best course of action is getting say a new forum or something to discuss Urath stuff and help the old timers find it again. I suspect games like this will be good if we ever want to get an incarnation of Urath up again.

Out of my 40 some e-mail addresses I had of old members about 50% have come back broken. And only Celine has actually replied back. PM me if you have anyones info so I can make them aware. Especially Razor since it was his project to begin with. Note that his old urath e-mail came back broken too.
    edited December 2011
    Do you still have all the old chars of the players as well as the posts. I think a lot of the posts went missing due to hard drive fail!!
    edited December 2011
    No, I was only given the mod back when. So any character would have to be either remade or started from scratch. There also seems to be table vendors and stuff that still is in the game. However without the database they do not work.

I also assume keys, special items and so on are still in the game's blueprint files.

When you mean "posts" what do you mean? Like forum stuff? I do not have any form info and what is left is still on http://urathonline.yuku.com

However ins the game there are many books with records of the history. Much written by Perry Cypress.
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Del, I doubt people have much time anymore to keep playing -- no more late nights =)

I dont even have NWN anymore
    edited February 2012
    Hi guys, it's Semner from Urath/Twilight Legacy. I'm going to look more into this new Neverwinter game, see if I can manage to end up playing it when it's released. Also, TL is up, and we're actually trying to bring it back some at least something of a working playerbase if you guys are interested. And VcD threw up Urathv4 too if you're interested in going on for nostalgia's sake. Though I do notice that these posts are a couple months old by now. In any case, I hope you guys see this. We also have a facebook group if you wanna search for Twilight Legacy on there. Hope to hear from you guys soon! :) Maybe we could bring back our fire/water twins, Meka, who knows. ;)
    edited February 2012
    omg...well who do we have here then!!! haha nice to here from you Semner. Think the last time i was in touch you had just started working in walmart many moons ago. Yes i will have to check out Twilight on facebook and see who else i know! Hope alls well. Guess we all miss our old chars as i know i do....a lot but like a good old story book, some things come to an end. Would be great to rekindle the old days and have the player base the way it was at the beginning. Anyway will talk soon and see you on facebook old friend. Peace ;)
    edited March 2012
    semner89 wrote:
    Hi guys, it's Semner from Urath/Twilight Legacy. I'm going to look more into this new Neverwinter game, see if I can manage to end up playing it when it's released. Also, TL is up, and we're actually trying to bring it back some at least something of a working playerbase if you guys are interested. And VcD threw up Urathv4 too if you're interested in going on for nostalgia's sake. Though I do notice that these posts are a couple months old by now. In any case, I hope you guys see this. We also have a facebook group if you wanna search for Twilight Legacy on there. Hope to hear from you guys soon! :) Maybe we could bring back our fire/water twins, Meka, who knows. ;)

I would love to play on it! I sent you a PM with my info Semner.
    edited March 2012
    Always nice to see the classic PW builders from the NW(1) days. Hope to explore your "PW" in the MMO as soon as the game Foundry is out!
    edited March 2012
    I know I'm looking forward to seeing what all you original NWN quest designers come up with. Looking forward to running with you all.
    edited April 2012
    I have been playing on Arelith (A popular full RP-only server for the Original Neverwinter Nights), and still am. I love RP and it's what I'm looking foreward to most about Neverwinter. I hope to see a lot of user-created RP content in this game, just like in the original game.

-Tenshar
    edited April 2012
    hi guys off topic but when is this game going live as i RLY want to play it
    edited April 2012
    hi guys off topic but when is this game going live as i RLY want to play it

Beta may be as late as "late 2012," so practice your patience.
    edited April 2012
    Beta may be as late as "late 2012," so practice your patience.

You forgot to specify that "that" beta is open-beta
    edited April 2012
    gillrmn wrote:
    You forgot to specify that "that" beta is open-beta

He only said in that PAX Video interview that Beta starts late 2012, and even then I'm hoping he meant the game release.
  • atticbatatticbat Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> was kewl... ^o^ Love Chicula! :cool:
    edited August 2013
    Hated the DMs, especially that little half-ling Morris... what a *******.:D
    dc57619afa43071bf3118d483b2ad0501375670846.png

Just got word that Atticbat, Eljayess, Chicula, Mordana, and that horribly short, yet oddly adorable Morris, they all miss you all SOOOO much. We need to have a barbecue in Ebon Down.

ps... how the fudge brownie does one edit the avatar?!
    edited August 2013
    you so rock right now
  • chiculadreamschiculadreams Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *Yells across the miles* Gunny!!! Jorra!!! You there? You know who just toasted his dingleberries over a campfire... *shakes head* I told him not to stand so close! Vrox could have doused him doubletime, but noooo... can't find a single BloodAxe or Urath soul around.. wonder if they made if off that island.. *mumbles incoherently to herself as she walks away*