test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extreme latency lag-PLAYSTATION

shon#7205 shon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Hello. I have extreme latency lagging issues in the game a long time ago… i have faster wired internet connection without problems.Im from Hungary (Europe). The game is unplayable 😕 Console (ps5) working fine, ethernet cat 7 cable working fine. My playtime in Neverwinter is 13000+ hours…. I dont want to stop playing and delete my character, i like this game. All day and almost every time lagging hardly. Only playable on early morning hungarian time… Hope you guys can fix this. And apologies my bad english.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,394 Arc User
    edited October 23
    shon#7205 said:

Hello. I have extreme latency lagging issues in the game a long time ago… i have faster wired internet connection without problems.Im from Hungary (Europe). The game is unplayable 😕 Console (ps5) working fine, ethernet cat 7 cable working fine. My playtime in Neverwinter is 13000+ hours…. I dont want to stop playing and delete my character, i like this game. All day and almost every time lagging hardly. Only playable on early morning hungarian time… Hope you guys can fix this. And apologies my bad english.

If the internet is slow from where you are to where the server is, there is not much both end can do. I am not saying it is your ISP's fault or Cryptic's ISP's fault. There are many gateways between your home and the game server. Some of them is slow for whatever reason. There is nothing Cryptic can fix because the issue is not in its control.

One remote way to help is to use a PC to do tracert.

https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017622954-Performing-a-traceroute-tracert

Find out which gateway causes the slowness. Report that to your ISP and see if they can change their routing table to ease the issue. However, the chance they will do anything is slim.

See also: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1268389/connection-problems-pc
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***