test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reflections, perspective and design

admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 618 Arc User
For some time now, I've been thinking about why some game items (companions, mounts, equipment, etc.) are rarely used or even ignored. Another factor that led me to write this post has to do with the designs of these game items and even content that somehow makes certain classes stronger, easier, and even more fun.

About a month ago, I was doing RC in FBI and a player in my group was a returning player. He was using the Primal weapon set from the Chult module, and I told him that I loved the design of these weapons and that it was second only to the design of the profession sets. He asked me why their design was unique and I explained to him that any class would have the same bonus and it was easy to activate it. Here are some examples of failed designs in the game because they gave certain classes an advantage: Zariel's set (I never even made the baby, I thought the weapons were so bad that I wasn't even tempted to try), Imperial Citadel's weapon set, and Stormforged's weapon set. I chose these 3 specifically to go through since the first one is a trial set, the second one is a dungeon set, and the last one is a campaign set. Take the Stormforged bonus, which gave a comparative advantage to classes that deal damage without needing a specific positioning; a TR would have an advantage in having these weapons over a GF, for example. These small details sometimes go unnoticed, but they can make a difference in the gameplay, since they cause an imbalance in the damage dealt and affect other classes.

Para se aprofundar mais, é preciso entender como eu vejo o que é um design perfeito. Para isso preciso demonstrar como eu vejo as classes e como elas podem ser montadas. Não se assustem, sou admirador dos design, e não sou fã de numeros grandes ou perfeitos apesar de reconhecer que eles são as melhores opções na maioria dos casos.

Paladin: Tank Tank - maximum status and stamina bonus for yourself;
Tank Buff/Debuff - here the debuff would be damage reduction for you and the group with items like Valhenas set + Flash Freeze + Tiefling race + Bruennor (summoned) + Elemental Air Cultist (bonus) + Ring of Darkness + Auras.

Barbarian and Fighter: Tank/Tank
Tank/Debuff - Here the debuff will cause the target to take more damage. Enforced Threat and Trample of Fallen + Marilith Seth + Drow race + Armor Break.

Paladin and Cleric healers: Healer/Healer -Here I would only fit the Cleric, the class in my opinion is the worst of the healers to be chosen, despite its massive healing, it always seems to be missing something; For the current content I think the Cleric would have to use the Deva Champion (in this case another debuff for more damage reduction like Weapon Break) + Giant Space Hammster (bonus) for greater group survival. Maybe put some damage resistance in some powers to combine with Divine Aegis, for example the Anoited Army in which the bonus only activates if the HP drops below 50%, it should have something when above to be more useful. In my opinion the Cleric was strong for spamming Daily, after the bug was fixed for some reason he fell into ostracism, but is it impossible to spam Daily? I believe that with a build focused on AP it would still be possible, but I will leave it to explain in the DPS part when one of my loadouts appears.
Healer/Buff - Here there is a discrepancy between the classes, paladin already comes with auras and he can maximize the buffs even more with bonus insignias + Aasimar race (helps in case the player also plays tank) + equipment (equipment buffs have a design that needs to be improved, the buff time is short and if compared to the debuffs they make them bad).
Bard and Warlock: Healer/Buff - There's not much to say, since part of it has already been said before, I'll just point out that Bard is the top buff in the game.
Healer/Debuff -This is for experienced specialized groups, not that other classes can't use debuffs, but there is again a comparative advantage over other healers. Equipment like the Bregan armor which is a combo with the Antiquated gloves + Elistraee's Grace ring + Vistani/Apocalypse + Drow/Menzoberrazon + Duelled Sense race is something that will really help you complete content quickly.
Healer/DPS - No! I didn't go crazy! I recently started playing on my SW, as I didn't want to spend money on it at the moment since I'm buying my tank's insignia to make it more resistant, so I decided to improvise the warlock build with some companions that I already had and here came a companion that I sometimes use in my DPS that gave me the idea to try it, Blaspheme Assasin. With specific equipment and active bonuses and group buffs it is possible to reach 90% of all the most important offensive stats (a little above 50% acc) and have a DPS bonus that would be close to a DPS (not an end game since these can use companions with more DPS bonuses). It would be a build to make randoms and without the players having to change much for this to be possible. Note that I didn't put a tank/DPS as something plausible, there is even some equipment for that, but there is no synergy in the stats. For example: for a healer, Power and both types of Criticals are essential for healing right after Outgoing Healing, but for a tank there is no such synergy between DPS and Tank status. Currently I do MDWP with this build without it being fully ready, but of course when the tank is above average than the others.

This is the first part, as soon as possible I will try to write the DPS part and a conclusion.