test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are we going to get patch notes ever again?

dublin14dublin14 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
Whenever there was a patch or maintenance, we used to get a note from Nitocris, or another Dev right there in the forum for patch notes. Just to let us know what is going on and when to expect the game to be back online. The patch notes are not listed in our forums anymore, and I don't know where to look for them. The login screen says to check the forum for updates. and if you click forums, you get nothing. No news.

Answers

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 20
    1. There is more or less nobody from Cryptic doing any 'regular' posting here. So, most likely, no.
    2. What Nitocris did before was NOT right neither. She just posted a link to another post and then another link to the actual post.
    3. If you want Patch Note, click 'News' above and then click 'Patch Note'. In my opinion, the current set up is much more organized than before. No, it is not perfect. Far from it but it is much better than before.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dublin14dublin14 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I can see that, but today isn't listed there, either. nothing since Feb.
  • Options
    edited March 20
    dublin14 said:

I can see that, but today isn't listed there, either. nothing since Feb.

Because there was no patch since? For example, there is no patch today. I don't think there was patch last week neither.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Patch notes? We don't need no stinkin' patch notes!
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    OK... so the problem is the launcher saying there will be a patch and then there isn't.
  • Options
    edited March 20
    mintmark said:

OK... so the problem is the launcher saying there will be a patch and then there isn't.

The launcher did not say there is a patch. At least, I did not see it this morning in PC. I did check. It only said "shard maintenance'.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Which often is simply a server restart.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options

mintmark said:

The launcher did not say there is a patch. At least, I did not see it this morning in PC. I did check. It only said "shard maintenance'.
    The red message was there the evening before for me... but I was away from the game for 18 hours after that.
    I think it's the second time I've seen the message and then found no patch notes... like the original poster.

But last week I think there was a patch... But no patch notes.
  • Options
    OK, my launcher says there will be a patch tomorrow... at 14:00 UTC, 16 hours from now. Let's see if it happens...

"We will be performing shard maintenance on March 28 from 7-9 AM Pacific (14:00-16:00 UTC). Please check the forums."
  • Options
    edited March 28
    mintmark said:

OK, my launcher says there will be a patch tomorrow... at 14:00 UTC, 16 hours from now. Let's see if it happens...

"We will be performing shard maintenance on March 28 from 7-9 AM Pacific (14:00-16:00 UTC). Please check the forums."

How do you interpret that message mean there will be a patch? Shard maintenance means a system reset only most of the time.

This does not say there will be a patch or not.

• Options
    You're right... it doesn't say. But I don't remember a different message for patches... so without patch notes in advance, I guess we can't tell.
  • Options
    stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    I don't recall the exact date, but PS got a patch on or around March 5th. There was definitely a download, and I cannot find patch notes for it anywhere.
  • Options
    edited March 28
    mintmark said:

You're right... it doesn't say. But I don't remember a different message for patches... so without patch notes in advance, I guess we can't tell.

There was none because as long as I can recall they did not inform patch would be released in the launder message and this launder message is from the same message template every week.

For PC, to know the game is patched, seeing downloading files is one clue. However, since the game could do pre-patch download, the real indicator is to see 'patching' message + seeing it doing it (files got replaced, etc). Seeing 'patching' message alone means no patch.

For the patch note, in PC, you can also click the 'Release Notes' in the top right corner of the launder. It will lead you to the patch note web page.

There is no patch (at least for PC) today. No download. Only 'patching' message came up without doing anything.
    Post edited by plasticbat on