test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Items that can't be sold are a problem with limited inventory Slots

rashad#2796 rashad Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 15 in Player Feedback (PC)
Neverwinter Inventory System and item Management issues:

This is my humble request to the Dev's Please make it so that players can sell their used item at a store or recycle them into new Gear or other items, that way we can clean our inventory without wasting used gear or items.

Simply converting them into refinement points is not efficient, and it asks to type the name of the item every time you do that to a high level item, this makes it very time consuming
and frustrating when dealing with many items that are using up your precious inventory slots.

This game mechanic is broken and is desperately in need of change.

Consider me as one of the well-wishers for this amazing game that has become a part of our lives.

Comments

• Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    The system we have is already the result of a lot of changes...
    • Many more items used to be unbound... but they become worthless over time (like many companions now).
    • Then we had a salvage system that gave a guaranteed amount of rough AD... but refinement limits were put in place to save the economy.
    • Now we have most items that can be converted to refinement points or sold for gold. Both useful options in their own way.
    • And many items can be donated to a guild stronghold for guild marks. Also useful.
    I get annoyed by items that can't be converted to RP or gold (some mounts, and bags spring to mind).
    And I get annoyed when the only thing you can do with excess seals is to buy an item and sell it for gold.

Converting collars and their base items to insignia powder would be good...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,248 Arc User
    edited February 15

Neverwinter Inventory System and item Management issues:

This is my humble request to the Dev's Please make it so that players can sell their used item at a store or recycle them into new Gear or other items, that way we can clean our inventory without wasting used gear or items.

Simply converting them into refinement points is not efficient, and it asks to type the name of the item every time you do that to a high level item, this makes it very time consuming
    and frustrating when dealing with many items that are using up your precious inventory slots.

This game mechanic is broken and is desperately in need of change.

Consider me as one of the well-wishers for this amazing game that has become a part of our lives.

I personally don't have much problem with the current system. It may not be the best but not the worst. This game mechanic works very well for me.

I don't understand your statement of "Simply converting them into refinement points is not efficient". Selling the item to AH or for gold is worse in terms of 'efficiency' as it takes longer to do so.
    In terms of "quickness" (since you talk about time consuming): selling to AH is slower than selling to store which is slower than typing 'discard' which is slower than converting them to RP which is slower than simply trashing it.

I don't know how they can do to make it quicker. What do you propose to make it 'quicker'?

Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mintmark said:

And I get annoyed when the only thing you can do with excess seals is to buy an item and sell it for gold.

I just use seal to buy rAD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User

mintmark said:

I just use seal to buy rAD.
    So do I, when they let me. I can for dragon, but not for spider god.

• Options
    edited February 16
    Also it would be beneficial to be able to deposit all event Currency 💵 and Seals of Adventure into shared bank 🏦

That way you don't loos much when you switch to a different character.

there is so much you can do to improve this system.
  • Options
    edited February 16
    The thing is you only need to vist any merchant once and you can unload your inventory at once and sell all the (Currently not sellable items ) or useless items for gold 🪙 or other Currency💲

Enabling you to buy better items

That simply solves a lot of problems, and as i said an easy fix for this issue is to simply make all items exept quest items sellable.
  • Options
    edited February 16
    Also this would enable you to sell those character bound items that annoy the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of you when your done using them, as otherwise they become useless unless you want them for appearance sake
  • Options
    edited February 16

The thing is you only need to vist any merchant once and you can unload your inventory at once and sell all the (Currently not sellable items ) or useless items for gold 🪙 or other Currency💲

Enabling you to buy better items

That simply solves a lot of problems, and as i said an easy fix for this issue is to simply make all items exept quest items sellable.

Selling them does not make getting rid of them faster. It is just slower.
    They become useless was designed on purpose. It was not like that before. They changed that to this intentionally.
    In addition, many are useless at the moment you get it anyway. Not even worth to pass to another character or spending time selling them to AH. Yes, I am talking about sellable items and being sellable does not make it better. I still sell them for gold (because it is faster and yield better than selling them to AH).
  • Options
    edited February 17
    Well the matter about the usability and quality of an item is another matter altogether but,

What i was saying was that removing the "not-sellable" tag from itms would help with inventory management and economical efficiency and also a good way to recycle and reuse game resources whenever necessary will help with keeping the game free from unnecessary clutter and save inventory slots.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Playing something like the Siege of Neverwinter or the Winter Festival and winding up with duplicates of items we can’t auction, give away or sell to merchants is beyond frustrating. There are steps that can be taken even if it’s only something along the line of “You already have one of those” and the item isn’t added to a players inventory – but apparently it isn’t something those who control the game seem to think is worth the effort.