test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paladin and Fighter Block Animation Issue

Hello. I don't know if this issue has already been addressed, but a patch after the release of Mod 27, it created an issue with the fighter and paladin shield block animation, sometimes it doesn't show if you are already blocking incoming attacks. Also the crab walk returned, dunno if this was intented with that patch or is just a bug. Fighter and paladin run animation also is not the same. Please fix at least the shield block to see a proper animation. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    ultor#6215 ultor Member Posts: 2 New User
    I've been playing Neverwinter Online for a few days and I noticed that these are not the only animations that need improvement. I know it's quite an old game and it relies on old hands to survive. But wouldn't it be nice to encourage new players as well? Almost all animations of regular attacks look as if our character was teleporting the sword from his hand to the opponent over and over again, with no smooth movement at all.

Great game, good story. After playing for a few days, I reached 20 on 2 characters and what's next? 80% of players have mystical items that cost around 4-5k Astral Diamonds. So if we want to be equal to anyone, what do we have to do? Nothing at all. During the day I earned 600k Rouge Astral Diamonds but there is a limit to exchange for the normal 100. So there is no point in playing for the next few days. I only turn it on to replace it and turn it off because with my equipment level it won't drop anything that I can sell and there's no point in farming Rouge AD because I won't replace it. I already have max lvl, so all I can do is play once a week xD

This game used to be better ;)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited February 27

I've been playing Neverwinter Online for a few days and I noticed that these are not the only animations that need improvement. I know it's quite an old game and it relies on old hands to survive. But wouldn't it be nice to encourage new players as well? Almost all animations of regular attacks look as if our character was teleporting the sword from his hand to the opponent over and over again, with no smooth movement at all.

Great game, good story. After playing for a few days, I reached 20 on 2 characters and what's next? 80% of players have mystical items that cost around 4-5k Astral Diamonds. So if we want to be equal to anyone, what do we have to do? Nothing at all. During the day I earned 600k Rouge Astral Diamonds but there is a limit to exchange for the normal 100. So there is no point in playing for the next few days. I only turn it on to replace it and turn it off because with my equipment level it won't drop anything that I can sell and there's no point in farming Rouge AD because I won't replace it. I already have max lvl, so all I can do is play once a week xD

This game used to be better ;)

Good equipment is not obtained through paying AD to buy it. They are obtained through various campaign, dungeon run, ...
    Being Max level (20) is the beginning of the game. It is where the game truly started. Before that point, it was just 'training'. The next is to finish all the campaigns.

Since you only play for a few days, other chase items are:
    1. boon points
    2. enchantment and upgrade
    3. companion and mounts (for 100% bolster)
    4. insignia and upgrade
    5. collar and upgrade
    6. heroes Medallion (through legacy Campaign weekly quest) which allows you to buy various upgrade material.
    7. more characters
    8. ......
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ultor#6215 ultor Member Posts: 2 New User
    There may be something to do, but it gets boring. Each map (dungeon) we complete alone during a mission is a running simulator. Because why kill monsters along the way? There's nothing for it... we just enter the map and run for a few minutes and then kill the boss in 30 seconds. xD
    Reducing lvl to 20 and changing the amount of xpto is probably the stupidest idea of the creators ;)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited February 28

There may be something to do, but it gets boring. Each map (dungeon) we complete alone during a mission is a running simulator. Because why kill monsters along the way? There's nothing for it... we just enter the map and run for a few minutes and then kill the boss in 30 seconds. xD
    Reducing lvl to 20 and changing the amount of xpto is probably the stupidest idea of the creators ;)

There is nothing wrong (or any material change) with the level because it is just the same as before. The max level now is the same as the max level before. It is just a number change. One level now is like 4 levels before. We needed to reach the max level before to get the 'real' content. We still need to reach the max level now to get the 'real' content. The quest was easy before and the quest is as easy. They reduced the level to match WOTC D&D level. May be the licensing issue forced them to spend significant effort to do something that did not give any real improvement to the game.

As I said, getting the max level is the beginning. That is like just finishing kindergarten. Finishing the early campaigns is getting through the primary school. No, there is not much reward and the only may be useful reward is the boon points. No, no need to kill anything to finish the mission if it is not an requirement. This is the same as before. I think I used to kill the boss in 5 seconds back then.

On the other hand, if you are bore already, it will not be less boring later.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***