test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Barbarian Blademaster Boon Cost

morian#1561 morian Member Posts: 23 Arc User
While I was trying to adjust my Barbarian Blademaster build I am having issues with Boons. The advanced boon costs become odd and hard to get what I want working properly.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    What is the bug? Your boons are top heavy. The more you invest in Advanced and Master, the more expensive they become.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    greywynd said:

What is the bug? Your boons are top heavy. The more you invest in Advanced and Master, the more expensive they become.

His master tier looks okay but he was talking about Advance tier.

His advance boon tier does look funny.

He chose 3 different boons in that tier already but

1. the 1st boon (welcome blessing, he did not select) only charge 1 boon point?
    2. Why does the 4th boon (blessed touch) and 7th boon (constant control) charge 5 boon points?
    3. All the advance boon he did not select should all charge 3 boon points.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    This is a known bug, at least known in the playerbase. It was supposed to be fixed by now. You can see on the advanced boon line there all the available boons cost different amounts but they should be consistent and all the same number. They go up by one each time you pick a new boon with all the empty boons having the same increase. The middle one should not be 5. The middle one and the two end ones are both empty and should have the same numbers in all 3. The temp fix for this is to add one point then take it off again, when you take it off all the others go down by one each time u do it. I would retrain them all remembering where they are and start again, the system is confused and not calculating the point cost correctly. The top line is how it should show, with all the empty ones showing the same cost. For the 5th choice it costs 5 points 4th choice 4 3rd 3 etc. I think that's how it's supposed to go. I do remember hearing about this and heard the workaround fix, then it actually happened to me as well and I saw it fix itself when I added one then took one off, all the other numbers went down by one, then I did it again (but u have to do it on another boon) and they went down again, only trouble was that when I added the points I had and it showed them all allocated, it would not save, so I had to start all over. It did it about 3 times in a row and refused to save. I think the system thought I had more points than I really did and was displaying those incorrect numbers in the 'available' spot and then when it went to save it, it didn't know what to do because it wasn't right so it just got confused and wouldn't do the checksum or whatever it is it does before saving.

edit: so I just remembered, that you add a boon point to the empty one which is way too high and then take it off and it comes down by one more, then you go to another one with too many and do it on that and then back to the first one or whatever. It's a way to force them to go down to the right level. It's ridiculous.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.