test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

cannot run & jump @ same time - mounted or not

sameold#2839 sameold Member Posts: 4 Arc User
the problem persists with all mounts on all toons - the same problem persists with all toons not mounted - can't run & jump at the same time , tries different keyboard - same results... I play this game on my PC, using Steam to play Neverwinter -- thus, I have no controller.
I have reset everything in-game and, sadly, still have the same results.....the problem persists with all mounts on all toons - the same problem persists with all toons not mounted - can't run & jump at the same time , tries different keyboard - same results---It does make it rather frustrating to not be able to run & jump and ride a mount & not be able to run & jump while mounted....
I hope that this matter can be resolved

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited December 2023

the problem persists with all mounts on all toons - the same problem persists with all toons not mounted - can't run & jump at the same time , tries different keyboard - same results... I play this game on my PC, using Steam to play Neverwinter -- thus, I have no controller.
    I have reset everything in-game and, sadly, still have the same results.....the problem persists with all mounts on all toons - the same problem persists with all toons not mounted - can't run & jump at the same time , tries different keyboard - same results---It does make it rather frustrating to not be able to run & jump and ride a mount & not be able to run & jump while mounted....
    I hope that this matter can be resolved

What do you mean you can't run and jump at the same time? How do you do your run and jump?

This is what I do.

Type 't' and release (not holding 't'). It will auto run. Hit space bar to jump. That works for me regardless if the character is on the mount or not.

Even if I don't use 't', holding 'w' to run and hit the space bar to jump (while holding w) also works.

Are you saying you did what I said and that does not work in your PC?
    If yes, you need to provide more information about your system such as OS, hardware, ...
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I've not tried holding down "t" -- I always hold down "w" and hit spacebar to jump - umounted, I will not jump while holding down "w"...
    if I hold down "w" and hit "7", I am on my mount & can jump while holding down "w" --- however, if I stop to let a patrol go by or to lok around, I can no longer jump while mounted and holding down "w" ...... this has been going on for a few days now - prior to a few days ago, I had no problem whatsoever with being able to run & jump - mounted or not.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

I've not tried holding down "t" -- I always hold down "w" and hit spacebar to jump - umounted, I will not jump while holding down "w"...
    if I hold down "w" and hit "7", I am on my mount & can jump while holding down "w" --- however, if I stop to let a patrol go by or to lok around, I can no longer jump while mounted and holding down "w" ...... this has been going on for a few days now - prior to a few days ago, I had no problem whatsoever with being able to run & jump - mounted or not.

If you use 't', you don't hold down at all.
    Hit 't' once and the character will start running (your hand is free to do anything else). Hit 'space bar' whenever you need to jump,
    I guess I never do what you do. If I want to get on the mount and start moving, I hit '7' and then hit 't'. It is too tiring to keep holding down a key.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    T is an auto run so u don't have to hold down anything, that's its purpose. Think of it as a cruise control key like on a car. Saves you holding down the accelerator. I usually start with W and use that most of the time and then if I know I need to go a fair distance I will hit T letting W go and just go on cruise control. Hitting W again will cancel the T. I can jump on both modes.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    appreciate all help & comments - while unmounted "T" allows me to run continually & allows me to jump - while mounted, I have to hit "W" then hit 7 so that I can jump while mounted .... if I'm unmounted and hit "7" to mount, then I cannot jump while mounted -- before, I could just hold down "W" while mounted or unmounted & was able to jump in both modes.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

appreciate all help & comments - while unmounted "T" allows me to run continually & allows me to jump - while mounted, I have to hit "W" then hit 7 so that I can jump while mounted .... if I'm unmounted and hit "7" to mount, then I cannot jump while mounted -- before, I could just hold down "W" while mounted or unmounted & was able to jump in both modes.

Then, I don't know why you cannot hold down 'w' (while mounted or unmounted) and press space bar (and release) to jump but I can.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I have my mouse on the left and my keyboard shunted way right over to the right to play (which is why my typing in chat is always so bad) so I changed mount power from 7 to ` because it's way closer to my fingers than 7 was.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.