test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cross play cross progression?

lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 131 Arc User
I don't know if anyone would agree with this, but I'd like to see cross play and cross save enabled across all platforms. I'd like to continue my progress from PS4 to my PC and still play with my friends on playstation.

There could be a second version on PC, that's like the console version and enabled for crossplay. Like how Minecraft has java for PC and bedrock for consoles and PC crossplay. So the PC version can continue as is and no crossplay, but the console version on PC you can either transfer your account from consoles or start as new.
Post edited by lordmanik on

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    It's been asked for years. Progress: 0%
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    1. They did not have man power to do it. Now, they certainly do not have the man power to do much.
    2. They do not have the will to do it because it won't generate enough money to cover the development. They want to cut cost and not adding cost.
    3. The communities may not like it especially those who do not care about cross platform. There are 3 economy eco systems. PC are AD rich. Console (seems to be) money rich. The wait time of Zen exchange are very different. Can console players deal with waiting for one year for Zen? Can console players deal with "inflation" because of PC players' stash of AD?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    No.

PC got such a head start before console (Arc quests, Gateway, double AD events, bonus ZEN, etc.), and the continued/ease of access they have to bots, macros and scripts that the economy there is quite different and merging it into the others would be ridiculous.

Character progress on the other hand being transferable (non economy influencing things like level, campaign progress and campaign boons) probably wouldn't be so bad though.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    What if there was a second version for PC, where you can either start over or transfer your account from consoles? And this second version can have crossplay with consoles.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    lordmanik said:

What if there was a second version for PC, where you can either start over or transfer your account from consoles? And this second version can have crossplay with consoles.

Read my #1 and #2.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***