test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trial: Defense of the Moondancer - Advanced and Master Rewards

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 56 Community Manager

Greetings, heroes of Neverwinter!
Those of you who participate in advanced group content may have noticed a slight change to the reward setup in this latest module. Since we've received a fair number of questions about it, I wanted to give a brief breakdown of the changes and why they were made.
Similar to dungeons, trials now come in normal, advanced, and master difficulties, and have a wider variety of rewards available through them. In addition to multiple tiers of weapons, armor, and rings, there are also two currencies you can acquire, to help purchase the specific gear you want in the event that you have been unlucky with the RNG.

Celestial Emeralds: These are acquired from the final chest in both the Advanced and Master versions, and have no weekly cap. They are used as a component in nearly all of the purchases from the Trial Store.
Miniature Neutron Cores: These can only be acquired from the final chest in the Master trial, and are capped at 3 per week. They are used in the purchase of class based weapons and Legendary rings.

When the module launched, a bug allowed Miniature Neutron Cores to be acquired past their intended cap. This has been hotfixed ahead of the next official patch, and the Cores are now properly limited to 3 per week. I apologize for the lack of communication on this fix - it will appear in the patch notes, but we needed to correct the bug as quickly as possible, so the fix made it in before those notes were available.

The most frequent question that has resulted from this fix is, "Is the 3 per week cap intended? I thought that was a typo, and it was supposed to be 30." The answer is yes, the 3 per week cap is intended. While previous trials did not have this same currency cap, they only had a single currency, and had fewer rewards available. The new setup follows the same structure as our Advanced/Master dungeons, which also utilize a 3/week Master currency.
If you're wondering what your motivation is to run the trial once you've hit that currency cap, remember that all of the gear purchased with Cores can be obtained as drops/chest loot. Additionally, you can continue to acquire the Advanced currency, as well as shirts, pants, an artifact set, rings, and a mythic armor set that cannot be purchased through the store. The intent with the weekly cap is not to discourage you from engaging in this content, but to provide a mechanic by which specific, important upgrades will be available to anyone who has put a steady amount of effort into obtaining them.

Thank you for all the feedback; we sincerely hope that you continue to find the Defense of the Moondancer rewarding.
Stay safe out in Wildspace!

Xalkastiz

Comments

• Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    @ambassadorkael#6946 The Miniature Neutron Cores seem to drop also from the Advanced version of the trial now. Can this be escalated as it seems to be a serious bug?
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    deviltogoddeviltogod Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946 Request you to consider adding +200 dmg to legendary weapon dropped from that trial. It will help progression for casual players. Also after Stormforged we don't have any alternative at legendary weapon.

Also make the legendary armour bonus more usable in advanced version and master version.
  • Options
    deviltogoddeviltogod Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

@ambassadorkael#6946 The Miniature Neutron Cores seem to drop also from the Advanced version of the trial now. Can this be escalated as it seems to be a serious bug?

There are many serious bug like slab of vecna which needs to be escalated
  • Options
    blackware12blackware12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Heya,
    can you please help us with this helm? When you die in combat and revive though a scroll, the helm stop stacking again.

thanks in advanced
  • Options
    roland#9847 roland Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    hastati96 said:

I can confirm they also drop from the RTQ version.
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    > @roland#9847 said:
    > I can confirm they also drop from the RTQ version.

Is this really a concern ???
    Having players get teleported from bottom deck while fighting lieutenant below to top deck is a MORE important concern. And this jump to the boss fight ? Omg , for real ? Stupidest gimmickry I’ve ever seen . It can bug out so just get rid of it n give us the same method as in Kelmedagon to swing across !!! 🙏
  • Options
    roland#9847 roland Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2023

> @roland#9847 said:

Having players get teleported from bottom deck while fighting lieutenant below to top deck is a MORE important concern. And this jump to the boss fight ? Omg , for real ? Stupidest gimmickry I’ve ever seen . It can bug out so just get rid of it n give us the same method as in Kelmedagon to swing across !!! 🙏

I would say it's kind of a concern (if the goal is to get players to run master). If we only need normal and advanced, then who cares about the bugs? Those versions of the trial can be reliably completed despite the issues you mentioned. Might as well fix something else :)
    Post edited by roland#9847 on
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Well , no worries on the cores , they were ninja fixed sometime today !!
  • Options
    reggieros#7816 reggieros Member Posts: 3 Arc User

> @roland#9847 said:

I would say it's kind of a concern (if the goal is to get players to run master). If we only need normal and advanced, then who cares about the bugs? Those versions of the trial can be reliably completed despite the issues you mentioned. Might as well fix something else :)
    It's a valid concern if the goal is to encourage players to run the master. Prioritizing bug fixes in normal and advanced trials makes sense if they are the focus. Efficiency matters!Magic 8
  • Options
    trace#7852 trace Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I really miss this game already, and all of my friends. I had so much fun, for so many years. But alas, I have not been able to do anything since Vault of Stars. Every new mod I finish, but then can never complete a single dungeon or trial. Forced to do the zone chat group thing, and after literally hundreds of attempts from MToS all the way to this new trial, not a single complete. Last weekend I got really focused, and decided I was going to get one Advanced moondancer trial finished, but after 13-14 failed attempts, I just decided it's time to hang it up. No reason to keep playing a game that forces me to beat my head on the wall for 3-4 hours at a time, until I get mad enough to quit, then come back in a few weeks and it's the same HAMSTER all over. I have no idea how people are completing this stuff. I have a completely maxed out warlock, I study the strats and watch videos over and over. But can never (and I mean never ever) get into a group that can complete this stuff. I will miss you Neverwinter