test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Grazillax a good companion for the demagorgon skirmish?

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 615 Arc User
I have upgraded some of the companions that weren't really worth it, and I don't want to waste anymore AD. Is Grazilax a good companion, Deathshard has the power, but the way he looks and the noises he makes are just to awful. The greenscale bowman always gets in my way eventually. The Blaspheme assassin has no finise or sense of when not to do something. Anybody got an opinion about Grazzilax for a wizard dps.

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    I would stick with the bowman.
    Post edited by rockster#6227 on
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    AOE = Xunna
    ST = Pseudo

Since Xunna got a "buff" like, its doing insane dmg, even on ST coz its AOE do all dmg on the st. and its really high range + dmg. I was using another for aoe but i tested xunna after buff and using it aways..

For me ofc its my opinion..
  • Options
    I really like the bowman myself Rockster but has started blocking me and we go in a circle until I leave and come back. He has gotten me killed that way more than once. Especially in the harder dungeons or abyssal tears. I would love to have xuma or that witch Aragon talks about but I don't think you can get either one anymore.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Beware what you say or ask here peoples ;)

Whenever these discussions come up about which comp/mount is BiS I worry that there's going to be a big fat NERF to the leading companion.

Xuna used to destroy stuff big time and everyone ran with Xuna then Xuna got nerfed big time...
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    Xuna is great for general questing... but she definitely still has her long range aggro ability!
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    All the rogue-types seem to like fighting every mob on the map at once.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    mintmark said:

Xuna is great for general questing... but she definitely still has her long range aggro ability!

Her and succubus are both aggro mad now. I can't take them anywhere on a map quest now cuz when I stop to do whatever I need to do (fetch/activate) they are two mobs over on the other side of the darn mad starting sh*t with mobs that have nothing to do with us. It would be funny if it wasn't so aggravating.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    Well,
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WOB5SMx4ZpyShWnhkpyiZK2jGl8eGmcJH3q-4QX57f8/
    have a look and then pick your poison, but don't choose one of the top 3 companions, because chances are that those will be nerfed at some point.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    It's a pretty sad indictment of the company and the atmosphere they create amongst their customers when we can't talk about what is good in the game without fear of them ruining it and ripping it to pieces. I know it's true, just saying it's a pretty sad state of affairs and they should be ashamed of themselves for creating this atmosphere.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

It's a pretty sad indictment of the company and the atmosphere they create amongst their customers when we can't talk about what is good in the game without fear of them ruining it and ripping it to pieces. I know it's true, just saying it's a pretty sad state of affairs and they should be ashamed of themselves for creating this atmosphere.

I agree totally. Its ridiculous. I dont mind if someone pays real life money for an advantage so be it!

But when they pay for something and then it gets nerfed... man that xsucksx

Also if you havesaved your AD for months to buy that elusive companion... and it gets nerfed... man that xsucksx
  • Options
    I stopped using the blaspheme assasin about a week after I got her for the same reason autumnwitch was talking about with xuna and the succubus, she had to start fights with things you could walk by. Are you guys serious that they will make a companion worse if everyone likes them to much? Thats crazy. Thanks for those spreadsheets regenerde!
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    The more a companion gets used, the more likely it is that the devs will nerf it for being "too good".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    jana#2651 said:

Are you guys serious that they will make a companion worse if everyone likes them to much? Thats crazy.

Yes they do that. Its insane, but BiS companions come and go all the time. Its why veteran players don't tend to worry too much about the BiS companion, they know it will be nerfed at some point.

But I guess during the sweet spot of time that your companion is BiS its good for you :)

• Options
    One approach is to pick a comp which is a couple of rungs lower than the top one and hope for the best that it gets overlooked and left alone.
  • Options
    What is BiS, I've tried every acronym I can think of and can't figure it out. Those statistics on the comp don't seem right, I don't think the blaspheme is that good. The demon isn't on there but he is okay.
  • Options
    Best in Slot
  • Options
    The best thing to do is go to your stronghold practice dummies and equip a companion you want to test. Hit the dummy a couple of times with an at-will then stop and the companion will keep attacking. Just stand and watch the damage floaters to get a rough idea of how much damage it does, after you're satisfied, summon a different companion and do the same thing. It's not exact (people have other ways of working out the exact numbers) but it's what I do and it gives you a general feel of which ones perform the best out the ones you have got.
  • Options
    Rockster that was a great suggestion, I have done that and I really like that demon now more than before. THANK YOU