test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just Got a Reminder How Much I Dislike Dragon Hunts xD

fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
So I'm catching up with some alts because you can't run MTOS and MDWP all day and oh boy do you get reminded how lackluster of a boss design the dragons are compared to the master dungeons. You get chain stunned and AoE'd to death with red popping out of nowhere and several mechanics completely overtuned. Blacky per usual is the main culprit, but others have stuff that can't be called mechanics because you aren't really able to work around them anyway. I mean there is some stuff like positioning to ease the pain, but overall the dragons as designed just annoy the HAMSTER out of players and eat into scrolls.

It's especially puzzling since the devs have done a good job on VOS, MTOS, and MDWP lately. Trials are another story, the dungeons however show there are better options than just flooding mechanics without cause. Maybe we can at least deactivate the down-scaling for ancients so that high-end players can help teams with their item level? You could still up-scale lower item levels to let's say 60k or sth.

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited September 2023

So I'm catching up with some alts because you can't run MTOS and MDWP all day and oh boy do you get reminded how lackluster of a boss design the dragons are compared to the master dungeons. You get chain stunned and AoE'd to death with red popping out of nowhere and several mechanics completely overtuned. Blacky per usual is the main culprit, but others have stuff that can't be called mechanics because you aren't really able to work around them anyway. I mean there is some stuff like positioning to ease the pain, but overall the dragons as designed just annoy the HAMSTER out of players and eat into scrolls.

Yea they really went overboard on the unavoidable mechanics (they should have improved) several to have chances to dodge, shadow-slip, or at least somewhere to run. After all when your dodging so often, you're often not attacking either, and there often just so many that have stun's you have to sit and there's nothing that can be done. There is only a very few types of AoE attacks you can actually dodge, or avoid, yet the vast majority 90% can't be avoided. Most of these hit almost everyone on the team very hard, except perhaps the tank--and even they get hit hard at times.
    Post edited by strathkin on