test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make Stronghold Quests Repeatable OR Reduce Stronghold Building Requirements

I have been attempting to upgrade my guild for many years now. When I first started (Mod 16) the game was in a relatively alright place that I could recruit and find people to help and assist with upgrading our guild. The ZAX was also relatively healthy at this time, so converting AD to Zen and then Chests of Power for Shards (Adventerer's & Heroic's being the biggest ones needed) wasn't too hard.

Well, as we all know the game isn't in such a state now is it? I know there are no plans to update the Stronghold anytime soon so I have a solution to making it easier for those of us who want to have guilds that AREN'T the 10 that are already level 20 and endgame active: **Reduce the price of buildings and upgrades in the Stronghold OR make Stronghold Quests from the Ranger, Builder, etc etc repeatable**

Please Note: When I say repeatable I don't mean once a day, I mean as many times as I please in one day // week // whatever. For example, the Ranger has a quest where you run 3 HE's and he gives you 10 Adventerer's Shards once completed...this is a daily... Make it so I can run it over and over for 10 Adventerer's Shards a pop until my eyes bleed.

ALSO the HE's should be able to be run for 150 Influence per HE. As of right now after 5 HE's you get no more Influence per toon. Make it so I can just farm this stuff and be able to upgrade my guild. I know I am not the only person who is struggling to upgrade their guild solely because the cost is astronomical when compared to the player health // game retention in the state it currently is in.

**Something** has to be done please I am begging you!! As of right now, to give another example, if I want to upgrade to the next rank (we are halfway through SH18 and moving to SH19) I would need roughly 50K Adventerer's Shards and around the same for Heroic Shards. 10 a day from the Ranger is not cutting it. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Boon plots also have Inf reward quests. The reward is based on the level of the structure.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    joelmessedup#5710 joelmessedup Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    greywynd said:

Boon plots also have Inf reward quests. The reward is based on the level of the structure.

Right, but each boon plot gives 60 influence and also you're missing the point here. The point isn't me asking for advice on how to get these materials, the point is that something needs to be changed because the cost is absolutely insane considering how little we get per quest. So let's say I have all 4 boon plots (which I don't btw cuz I'm still leveling). 60x4 = 240 influence +400 Influence cap per day on HE's, thats 640 influence PER DAY per toon? If I'm running it on just one toon and I need over 4 million Influence **JUST** to upgrade to the next stronghold level, that's 6,250 days before I can reach the next level.

I've been playing Neverwinter every single day for over 4 years and I can count the days on my hand I've missed my SH quests. I just want to be done with it and be able to PLAY ACTUAL CONTENT. When is enough...enough?

@percemer
  • Options
    neverromlerneverromler Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Thank you for this thread, you save me from opening my own. What is described here applies to our guild as well. We don't have the people anymore we used to have. So it is almost impossible for us to grow the guild any further. We might manage 1 more level, but the huge amount of influence is absolute insanity. Not to mention the levels that follow. We'd also like to get to level 20, but that's not possible for us in this lifetime.

Dear developers, nobody is asking you to reprogram the Stronghold now. But how hard can it be to lower the cost of an upgrade? Just halve them or at least increase the rewards! 400 influence per day - 800 at the guild event - is not enough!
  • Options

Right, but each boon plot gives 60 influence and also you're missing the point here. The point isn't me asking for advice on how to get these materials, the point is that something needs to be changed because the cost is absolutely insane considering how little we get per quest. So let's say I have all 4 boon plots (which I don't btw cuz I'm still leveling). 60x4 = 240 influence +400 Influence cap per day on HE's, thats 640 influence PER DAY per toon? If I'm running it on just one toon and I need over 4 million Influence **JUST** to upgrade to the next stronghold level, that's 6,250 days before I can reach the next level.

I've been playing Neverwinter every single day for over 4 years and I can count the days on my hand I've missed my SH quests. I just want to be done with it and be able to PLAY ACTUAL CONTENT. When is enough...enough?

@percemer

Some of the boon plot quests give up to 100.

The costs were set up for a full(ish) guild to pay. I've been dealing with doing one guild solo for years. The alliance I am in helps foot the bills. And I've got one active player helping now. Yes, it's a slog. I wish they'd do something about the costs as well, because with the game reworks the boons aren't all that big a deal.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    There used to be more ways to get different types of vouchers/shards, through the campaigns. I remember choice boxes that you could get with campaign currency that let you choose from three types. I'm going to say that elemental evil and underdark let you do this, but I might be wrong. But the campaigns became adventures and the options disappeared.

You can still do it for dread ring and icewind dale, but only for their own voucher type.
  • Options
    sylk#8605 sylk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    The Adventurer Shards quests should reward more AS. It should be at least double, but honestly, it should be higher than that. We have an amazing guild, with a fair number of people who grind the hell out of multiple toons, and it really makes you want to give up, grinding and grinding and grinding, because that grind for the AD, literally takes most of the day. God forbid if you don't have 10 hours a day to spend in the game.

Influence rewards should go up too, in addition to the AS. These rewards were meant for guild who had 150 active members all the time. We don't have that kind of player base any more.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

Thank you for your suggestions!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    The system is broken because literally anyone can get into a SH20 guild. So there's no need helping guilds to grow. Sure alliances help, but the biggest ones recruit only SH20 themselves and have secondary guilds for donation purposes. There's the upper 10% and everyone else struggles because the costs are a mess for a system that's no longer actively engaged. The latest Masterwork resources don't even require Guild Marks. Tough luck. Guild food yeah, but you only need so much. Basically farming Guild Marks isn't nearly as profitable as it once was.

I think making the upgrade cheaper isn't the answer so I like giving players more options to fill the coffers. I personally have little trouble with Shards and Influence, but campaign currencies should definitely include the latest campaigns in some shape or form. Having to go back to Sharandar is just a horrible experience for example. Tyranny is fine since M23 and at least you get the added benefit of legacy campaign completion for Dread Ring and Icewind Dale.

Also let's up the vouchers from the Siege event again? I'm not sure why they were nerfed anyway, but now that some guilds are left alone on an island it would at least be a decent catch-up mechanic again.

Even better would be to add the incentive to help smaller guilds within alliances. Like if players donate to smaller guilds there should be an added benefit.
  • Options
    joelmessedup#5710 joelmessedup Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    percemer said:

Greetings,

Thank you for your suggestions!

Regards,

As I said in the Discord forum, if these get fixed I will love you forever! Thank you Percemer!!
  • Options
    antonypharely#8336 antonypharely Member Posts: 2 New User
    hello, you could save this info in xtiles.app and it will be much more presentable and more reliable.I am Experienced template creator skilled in designing visually appealing and user-friendly templates for job search sites. Proficient in utilizing xtiles, I specialize in crafting customizable boards that streamline the job search process, organize applications, and track progress. Passionate about enhancing user experience and maximizing efficiency, I bring creativity and expertise to deliver high-quality templates that help job seekers stand out in their career endeavors. Let's collaborate and create impactful templates to empower job seekers on their path to success.

My templates on oficial website xTiles:
    https://xtiles.app/en/templates/weekly-planning-template
    https://xtiles.app/en/templates/company-one-pager-template
    https://xtiles.app/en/blog/how-to-create-an-ideal-mood-board-the-ultimate-guide
    https://xtiles.app/en/templates/brainstorming-template
    https://xtiles.app/en/templates/character-profile-template
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    It's terrible that guilds take so much to level up and the return on that effort doesn't even remotely match. What do guilds provide outside of boons and a communication network?
    They could be so much more…

The guild/stronghold system is very outdated and should have been updated as the game progresses. For example, when the leveling system changed, the "experience bonus" and experience boon should have been changed as well… Hell they doesn’t even seem to apply to progress rewards, hmm…

Why can’t multiple recruiters be called in?

Also ALL campaign currency should be “cofferable”.

It's funny how for years more and more things like bugs and apparent "oversight" by the devs keeps looping back around to bolstering the inclination for players to spend money...

If the math is correct, 50k of each Shard of Power type is 150k ZEN, which is over $1300 (less if discounted). If opening the Stronghold Chest of Power during the 2x Shards of Power grants 200 instead of 100 then the total would be 75k ZEN, which is over $600 (less if discounted). This is probably why Shard of Power quests would not be made repeatable by 1 character. If anything, knowing how Cryptic has done in the past, if stronghold quests were made repeatable they would probably INCREASE the upgrade costs to “balance” it.

When Mod 23 (Dragonslayer) came it was nice that the chromatic elemental strands could be used in place of Treasures of Tyranny though it doesn’t make much sense that something “chromatic” is only usable for one thing (should at least be usable in place of Frozen Treasures (white/ice dragon), Dark Gifts (black dragon) and Fey Trinkets (green/poison dragon) as well).

As far as upgrade cost discounts, currently alliances can help a lot depending on the level of the alliance and the position of your guild (Helm > Sword > Gauntlet).

Helpful Events for Guilds
    2x Shards of Power
    2x Influence
    2x Currency: Legacy Campaigns
    2x Currency: Dread Ring
    2x Currency: Icewind Dale
    Increased Elemental Strands
    2x Guild marks
    Guild mark costs discounted
    (possibly more, don’t remember/can’t see others on the upcoming event schedule)

The above events can shave months or more off upgrade time if utilized effectively.
    Personally 880k+ Influence and 275k+ Dark Gifts stand between Guild Hall 20 (currently at 18) with ZERO other players to share the load… It has been a personal journey for quite some time and it was expected to at some point becoming a solo mission. As a guild leader, essentially no one is going to care about the guild as much as you do, even other officers. Personally going to take it at a comfortable pace because waiting for the devs to lend a hand doesn’t seem like it will happen anytime soon, if ever…

A key thing here is “per character”. More characters allow the quests from the Cleric, Builder, Master of Coin and boon plots to be repeatable by a player.
    The more characters you run, the more potential progress you have. It can be draining to do at times though one of the good things about Neverwinter is using multiple characters to help you reach your goal(s). You don’t necessarily have to run multiple characters everyday, you can save them for 2x events, it depends on how much you want it. With the Stronghold, Dread Ring and Icewind Dale (possibly some other zones) a lot of the daily quests rotate so you can actually collect them for like 3-4 days and then complete them all by doing a loop of the zone rather than run to a few separated spots daily (if you collect them every 4 days be sure to also complete them on the fourth day so that they don’t overlap and you miss out on rewards). If you become aware of the Sybella quest rotation you can make even more progress by completing multiple objectives simultaneously without doing more work or spending more time.

ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    Five months have passed since this thread was opened. Apart from a "thank you" from a moderator, nothing else has happened.

I'll ask it again at this point: How hard can it be to change a single number in a database? It takes less than a minute to turn a 400 into an 800 (influence) and double the value in the guild event.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User

Five months have passed since this thread was opened. Apart from a "thank you" from a moderator, nothing else has happened.

I'll ask it again at this point: How hard can it be to change a single number in a database? It takes less than a minute to turn a 400 into an 800 (influence) and double the value in the guild event.

Just because you asked, just because it is 'easy', do you really think they would do that for those reasons?
    The incentive is: if they do that, will they gain anything in the bottom line? If they do that, will they lose anything in the bottom line?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    1. They have stated in the past Strongholds are not a priority at the current point in time, for instance I spent a load of time moaning in here about the Halaster Statue costing a fortune but not having a slot to donate it to therefore it can't be used, if you check all the statue spaces you will see the coding is a mess with things missing from the donate section which seem to be there in the placement section but missing correct names, it's all sorts of messed-up and we deserve to have it functioning properly and be able to use the things which exist in the game and we spend time and effort on obtaining and which take up valuable inventory space, but they never responded on it and in other things like live streams or whatever have stated that Strongholds are not on their list of current priorities, so it's more or less a waste of time (at the current point in time) to expect any progress on ANYTHING Stronghold-related. 2. Since Percemer left as CM the new guy has not once said one word in here to anyone that I'm aware of, he is very active in Discord, but not here, and it is very obvious that his policy is not to interact with anyone on the official forums. So good luck getting any sort of response here. I would try Discord.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options

Just because you asked, just because it is 'easy', do you really think they would do that for those reasons?
    The incentive is: if they do that, will they gain anything in the bottom line? If they do that, will they lose anything in the bottom line?
    Thank you for your answer.

What would Cryptic gain for minimal effort? Satisfied and even new players.

The absurd costs for upgrading enchantments, insignia, mounts, companions, etc., scare off many players. I'm talking about players who 1. work, 2. have a family, 3. have other hobbies and 4. have a life outside of Neverwinter and therefore spend less time in a game. They may have to spend real money. And that's exactly the point. Cryptics management has never understood how to make (a lot of) money without having high prices.

• Options

1. They have stated in the past Strongholds are not a priority at the current point in time, for instance I spent a load of time moaning in here about the Halaster Statue costing a fortune but not having a slot to donate it to therefore it can't be used, if you check all the statue spaces you will see the coding is a mess with things missing from the donate section which seem to be there in the placement section but missing correct names, it's all sorts of messed-up and we deserve to have it functioning properly and be able to use the things which exist in the game and we spend time and effort on obtaining and which take up valuable inventory space, but they never responded on it and in other things like live streams or whatever have stated that Strongholds are not on their list of current priorities, so it's more or less a waste of time (at the current point in time) to expect any progress on ANYTHING Stronghold-related. 2. Since Percemer left as CM the new guy has not once said one word in here to anyone that I'm aware of, he is very active in Discord, but not here, and it is very obvious that his policy is not to interact with anyone on the official forums. So good luck getting any sort of response here. I would try Discord.

I know what the developers say about the guild. Still, I think it takes less than a minute to change a value in a database.

I've been on the Discord server for ages. Let's see where and if I can get involved there. Thanks for your reply in any case.

• Options
    I agree with you, the things which mean so much to us would take a tiny amount of time and effort for them, but it's like talking to a brick wall.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited January 23

What would Cryptic gain for minimal effort? Satisfied and even new players.

They don't care. In the past 10 years, when did they actually care about that? May be some rare soft and tiny token of gesture here and there but in general, even in their good days, it is all about the bottom line.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kallikendra#5126 kallikendra Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thank you for this thread! I ended up in a guild by myself and I'm trying to build it up solo. "Why do I not simply leave it there and join another?" I hear you ask! Because I've put a lot of time and effort into it already and I have a healthy guild bank! I am not trying to recruit, I know that no-one will want to join a guild that has no boons but sheesh! It'll take me years - probably a decade at least since I'm still only working towards getting my farm.

This may seem ridiculous to some of you but I'd really like building costs lowered as well.

Even makine the costs scaleable to the amount of players in the guild might help!
  • Options
    The costs were set for a full-ish guild to do. Not small, one-player guilds.
  • Options

Thank you for this thread! I ended up in a guild by myself and I'm trying to build it up solo. "Why do I not simply leave it there and join another?" I hear you ask! Because I've put a lot of time and effort into it already and I have a healthy guild bank! I am not trying to recruit, I know that no-one will want to join a guild that has no boons but sheesh! It'll take me years - probably a decade at least since I'm still only working towards getting my farm.

This may seem ridiculous to some of you but I'd really like building costs lowered as well.

Even makine the costs scaleable to the amount of players in the guild might help!

The best thing is to join an alliance where most of the guilds are lvl 20 or at least on the high end and they need small guilds to dump resources into so they can earn guild marks. When guilds get to top level their coffers usually get full and they have nowhere to donate to, so they find it valuable to add a small guild to the alliance who is constantly growing and has donation space for currency all the time.
  • Options
    Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Try an alliance with Blackwind.
  • Options
    The Will of Oblivion is the Helm.
  • Options
    edited January 28
    greywynd said:

The costs were set for a full-ish guild to do. Not small, one-player guilds.

I'm aware of that. But that was then and the game has changed. Many players have quit and left guilds like mine with very few people left. And even if that's not what happened, some players prefer to play in smaller guilds.

All I'm saying is that the OP is right. It wouldn't hurt the devs to cut the small guilds some slack and lower the building costs, especially now there are so may level 20 guilds available.

• Options

I'm aware of that. But that was then and the game has changed. Many players have quit and left guilds like mine with very few people left. And even if that's not what happened, some players prefer to play in smaller guilds.

All I'm saying is that the OP is right. It wouldn't hurt the devs to cut the small guilds some slack and lower the building costs, especially now there are so may level 20 guilds available.

"Cutting some slack" requires manhours with, in this case, zero return on investment of those hours.