test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sybella doesn't appear on map for fresh quest

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
edited May 2023 in Bug Reports (PC)
This has been going on for ages and I keep forgetting to mention it here. It's a QoL bug.

When you have a new fresh legacy quest for Sybella it doesn't show that on the map. You're supposed to be able to open your map wherever you are in Protectors Enclave and see on the map where quests are (same as for any other zone) but when you look at your map and have a fresh weekly with Sybella to pick up, it is blank there. The only way to check and see if she has anything for you is to physically go right up the stairs to her location until you have an eyeline to her and then look to see if she has the symbol over her head. This is very very very annoying. I can't count how many times I've had to go up there to check on 9 characters to see if she has a new one for them or not (often it's a trip wasted) when I should just be able to tap M for map and look to see, done and dusted in 2 seconds.

I made two screenies for you, the map image shows the missing icon (plus another one circled which IS there and how it's supposed to look on the map for her too), the other image shows that when I go up to look at her she does actually have a quest for me to pick up. I know they have a lot to do so this will be low on priorities, but when they can get around to it, can they fix this please. Ty.

Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2023
    I just discovered something else about this. It's not on the map when you're not near it, but when you travel up close enough, it will appear on the little minimap on your screen and then when you open the main map while it's showing in the minimap, it will be there on the main map as it should. I tested this just now, I got it to show up by getting up there and having it on my minimap and my main map, then I moved back away until it disappeared off the minmap and then opened my main map and checked and it was gone again. Maybe that will also help them to work out what is going on.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited May 2023

I just discovered something else about this. It's not on the map when you're not near it, but when you travel up close enough, it will appear on the little minimap on your screen and then when you open the main map while it's showing in the minimap, it will be there on the main map as it should. I tested this just now, I got it to show up by getting up there and having it on my minimap and my main map, then I moved back away until it disappeared off the minmap and then opened my main map and checked and it was gone again. Maybe that will also help them to work out what is going on.

The same applies to other maps. I guess it is generic instead of PE specific or Sybella specific.

e.g. Dragonbone vale.

Move closer. The '!' shows up.

Same for SH too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    needs fixing. means looking at your map is useless and if it's also on bigger maps, then how are you supposed to find what you're looking for, randomly run around for hours constantly checking the map to see if anything appears?
  • Options

The same applies to other maps. I guess it is generic instead of PE specific or Sybella specific.

e.g. Dragonbone vale.

Same for SH too.
    By the way, maybe listing what kind of quest it is/the name of it might help them identify the issue, as not all of these quest icons disappear.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

e.g. Dragonbone vale.

Same for SH too.
    By the way, maybe listing what kind of quest it is/the name of it might help them identify the issue, as not all of these quest icons disappear.
    All the '!' icon and grey '?' disappear if they are "out of range". You can try that in anywhere.
    Active '?' icon stays though.

I just randomly pick a map.
    e.g. NorthDark

Stronghold

Sharandar

Barovia

Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    OK well it obviously needs fixing on all maps game-wide then. Just have them coded the same as the ones which stay there all the time.
  • Options
    But seeing PE is such a small map, it's clear how close you have to get to her before it shows on the map. Very close. Maybe the solution is just to extend the distance it kicks-in at to something larger than the map itself.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello @rockster#6227,

Thanks for reporting! This issue has been escalated to check if it's intended or not.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Sybella will never give me credit for the Dread Ring, which I pick for a bonus because I do it for the shards for my guild every chance I get. I meet the requirements for the legacy campaign and it never appears from her. Sybella is kind of buggy anyway, some weeks nothing pops that I have done and then sometimes there is a bunch there at once. It just depends on her psychic vibes for the moment that fluctuate.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    jana#2651 said:

Sybella will never give me credit for the Dread Ring, which I pick for a bonus because I do it for the shards for my guild every chance I get. I meet the requirements for the legacy campaign and it never appears from her. Sybella is kind of buggy anyway, some weeks nothing pops that I have done and then sometimes there is a bunch there at once. It just depends on her psychic vibes for the moment that fluctuate.

Sybella gives out weekly quests in her looping schedule. You do not receive quest in some week because you already have those quests for that week but you have not finished them since last time you got them. Did you check your inventory log? For these years, I have not seen missing rewards from her.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

Sybella is on a schedule. If you have the quest/not completed it from previous weeks, it won't appear for you since you never completed it to turn in.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.