test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Watcher weapons from master expeditions

nikkix92nikkix92 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
Can't spawn the special bosses in master expeditions in undermountain. We put all 3 runes in at the beginning. We did 12-15 tries. No ghost spawned with the power has emerged message in any runs to start the special boss fight for a chance of watcher weapons. We just want the weapons for transmutes/collections. Submitted a ticket with 2 hour of video stream and they replied it's a bug we have encountered.

https://www.twitch.tv/xdarkangel1992x/v/1753694578?sr=a&t=2466s

Comments

• percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    Hello @nikkix92,

I would like to check. Did you see the message “You feel an immense amount of power coming from this room.”? If this message was displayed and the Ethereal Shade didn't appear, it might be a bug, but otherwise it should be intended.

Adding 3 runes is a prerequisite, but the Ethereal Shade doesn't always appear. It's random, depending on the configuration of the second room if I remember correctly.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • nikkix92nikkix92 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    No, we never see that message anymore. We used to when the mod was more new and proceed to fight the special boss.

We've done a large number of runs recently. Including 2hours worth in that stream, with no chance of the ethereal shade appearing or the message. It's like it's been removed.

I searched for previous forum posts and someone posted in 2020 saying they also never have a shade spawn anymore:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1257470/watcher-weapon-set-bugged

Out of 30+ recent quest runs and no ethereal shade on any it seems very strange. For an old module where people are just wanting transmutes/collections.
  • ironk93ironk93 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Are you doing only Master Expeditions? Are there any Warden/Fragment Expeditions in this batch of 12-15 runs? If memory serves, after Stardock content had been live for awhile, the odds of running into the Etherial Shade were much better on the WEs and FEs than the odds were for this happening during MEs. Can’t recall whether the odds changed depending on collecting the magic relics (I think that’s the name, but could be something else) during the ME runs.

A note about RNG: If you’re not throwing a Law of Large Numbers amount of runs/attempts/openings/etc. into something in the game, you’re susceptible to streakiness. Taking the coin flip experiment as an example, each coin toss has a 50-50 chance (with fair coin) as to landing as called (let’s say you always call heads), but you can (and quite often do) run into at least one 100 tails in a row streak in the midst of doing a Large Numbers amount of coin tosses. Even still, the Large Numbers amount of coin tosses will proportionately resemble the 50%-50% breakdown, even though the subset of 100 flips in the midst of the experiment were 0-100. Without streak breaker mechanisms, RNG can be fairly rough at times, especially for non-Large Numbers situations, such as we often find ourselves in.
  • nikkix92nikkix92 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Yes we were only doing MEs. We completely forgot stardock existed to be honest! Thank you so much, our first WE an ethereal shade appeared and we got 2 weapons and a vanity pet drop!