test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to view player stats and auction house

For a long time I have not been able to view other player's stats from chat. I can see them if I click on them when they are standing right in front of me. If I right click on a name in chat and choose inspect, I will consistently get only zeros for their stats. This is across all of my characters.
Another issue I get less often is no results from a search in the auction house. It simply returns no results for the most common of items.
An example would be like I search only the word "gold" and get nothing. I have to close AH and research. Usually this works, but some days you can close and reopen AH many times and get nothing.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Inspecting doesn't cross instances. You have to be in the same one they're in. Been that way for years.

Refine your search. Click on the tab on the left for the category the item would be listed in.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Yea as Greywynd says, it's that they're in a different instance to you. You'll just get a bunch of noughts. If they're in the same instance as you, you will see all the individual stats listed. Also you will not see (I think) it's the pets and mounts bonuses added so IL will usually be about 5 or 6 thousand (I think) less than they really are when inspecting.

Re AH, sometimes I get no results so I'm forced to go to the exact tab it's categorized in and it will show up, other times it just shows up from the get-go. No idea why that happens.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    If I have to guess, they probably set the max response time for its database search. If the query cannot be completed within the time limit, you get nothing.

If you search for "gold" without using sub-category as mentioned, its result set could be big (up to 400 I believe) and if the database system is busy, the query could not be completed within the max response time. That could be the reason why sometime it works for you (when not busy) and sometime it does not (when busy).

Setting the sub-category limits the search range.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    When you open the AH you must pick a category or you will get no results, unless you search something that is in the first category

If you click on other tab for example sell items and return to the first tab, the search will look into all the categories if you dont select any.

Its weird but is like this since forever.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

When you open the AH you must pick a category or you will get no results, unless you search something that is in the first category

That is not true. Category not selected. There is result and the items are not part of the 'Equipment'.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

That is not true. Category not selected. There is result and the items are not part of the 'Equipment'.

You are wrong. This is what happens when you open the AH for the first time in the session and type "gold"

Maybe you did change the tabs or did other search before and close the AH. The game remembers even if you change character.

To reproduce this, close the game client, enter, open the AH and search. You will see.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    I don't know if it remembers a category or defaults, but it will not find everything.
    There is an easy workaround to search everything without a category limit (and it worked to find wrongly tagged, or not tagged items).
    Click the "My consignments" tab and then back browse, it will reset the category thing and any search will be global.

Edit - only now bothered to read up, yes darthpotater is right about switching reseting, it's like that with switching tab from a very long time ago, when they tried to limit server load and changed how AH searched.