test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2x Rough Astral diamonds event?

chingafivechingafive Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Hello everyone, i'm not new to Neverwinter, but i came back to the game after 3 years of absence... i know that now you can only refine 100k RAD per account! so why cryptic doesn't do a double event for refining RAD? like the double profession or double refinement? because in my honest opinion, having like 5+ million RAD and you cannot even use is kind of useless... let me know what you think!

Comments

• Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    I'm constantly sitting on two 4-5 weeks worth of RADs myself, but the cap is in place to control the amount ADs that get injected into the economy. And given that the ZAX is still at 230+ days waiting time, any such event isn't helping.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited January 2023

Hello everyone, i'm not new to Neverwinter, but i came back to the game after 3 years of absence... i know that now you can only refine 100k RAD per account! so why cryptic doesn't do a double event for refining RAD? like the double profession or double refinement? because in my honest opinion, having like 5+ million RAD and you cannot even use is kind of useless... let me know what you think!

One of the reasons is they want you to login everyday even when you have no intention to play the game. They look better in their spreadsheet.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Neverwinter used to have events thaw awarded double AD's but it was taken away as for double refining events, I rather see the return of double awarding AD's instead of refining.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,097 Arc User
    chidion said:

Neverwinter used to have events thaw awarded double AD's but it was taken away as for double refining events, I rather see the return of double awarding AD's instead of refining.

Too much of what they have been doing has been geared at removing excess AD from the game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    greywynd said:

chidion said:

Too much of what they have been doing has been geared at removing excess AD from the game.
    There seems to be a publicized intent to remove AD from the game... yet they still have the Zen/AD (zax) exchange which is one of the best reasons for people to procure, acquire, hoard and exchange AD's.

Neverwinter has removed AD awards from several game functions like random chests in regular dungeons (not to be confused with random queue dungeon chests) invoking, etc. and when people complained about it they raised the amount of AD's a player can get on higher level dungeons which coincidently seems to be comprised of the players who happen to have and transact with the greatest number of AD's to begin with...

Yeah, I don't believe for a second the game is trying to remove excess AD's from the game, just remove the ability of some players (new and low level players mainly) to acquire AD's they will probably use to buy better gear as opposed to the "whales" who play the Auction House and ZAX to increase their personal fortunes.

If the game wanted to remove excess AD's from the game they know perfectly well how to do it... but they don't.

-Just my opinion-
    DD~
  • Options
    You do realize there's like a year backlog on the zax, don't you?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    greywynd said:

You do realize there's like a year backlog on the zax, don't you?

I do and despite the efforts the game people say they're trying to implement it seems to have gotten worse, not better.

It's said the definition of insanity is attempting to do the same thing over and over expecting different results... if there is any validity to that line of conjecture then perhaps it's time to try something completely different.

Perhaps something like:

1) Close down the zen/AD exchange completely. All transactions currently within the exchange remain for a period of, as you say one year, but during that time no new transactions will be accepted.

2) When and if the ZAX begins again there will be a time limit for attempted zen/AD exchanges (something like 3 months) if at the end of that time period no sale/trade has taken place then the currency will be returned to the player - with a nominal fee deducted, a surcharge for storage and handling.

3) Currently there are so many different forms of currency available to purchase/operate game functions it's not only confusing but annoying for a lot of players. Neverwinter should have no more than three types of currency Astral Diamonds and gold {gold maybe}, which can be earned by playing the game and Zen which can be purchased with real world currency or converted through the ZAX for a nominal fee - Kind of like the Auction House which charges a fee to sellers for listing and selling items.

4) One problem I've noticed is some players buying up low priced items from the Auction House, jacking up the price then attempting to resell those items at a higher price. Things like this generate more wealth for some (usually those who don't really need it) and make items that would improve the capability of less experienced players to more effectively play the game...
    a) The fees and charges in the Auction House should be reevaluated but any item sold through the Auction House becomes Bound to Account upon purchase this would immediately stop some players from excessively profiteering from the purchase and resale of items other players list in the Auction House.

If the current system doesn't seem to be working and previous attempt seem to have made the situation worse instead of better, perhaps a few well thought out changes are in order

Like I said the folks at Neverwinter are probably well aware of steps they can take to reduce the AD glut from the game but I suspect they are hesitant to do anything drastic for fear many of their current veteran players would leave the game... of course the thing is there are quite a few veterans who seem to be the ones who have stockpiles of AD and know most well how to use the system to acquire more which seems to be exacerbating the problem. New players and low level players who don't have stockpiles of AD nor familiarity with the techniques to easily or quickly acquire more are the ones more likely to spend real world currency to procure zen or AD, so would the loss of a few old timers who get so upset they can no longer use current methods to increase their personal wealth -vs- actually play the game, be such a bad thing?

There may be no easy answers - but there are answers.
    -My personal perspective_
    DD~
  • Options
    Removing surplus AD from the game has no effect on the zax.

A long backlog on the zax works in Cryptic's favor, as those that don't feel like waiting a year to get their zen will spend real money to get it.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    Removing surplus AD from the game has effect on the zax. Cryptic has been using it as a tool to control Zax. No, they don't want Zax to be fast. The effect is to "maintain" the wait time to their 'ideal' length.

In addition, they have already added various ways to add AD to the game and they added AD directly instead of adding rAD. My conspiracy theory is they want little more AD to make sure Zax wait time is long enough. They also want to make sure certain players would spend Zen to buy AD.

No, there is no problem in Zax for Cryptic to fix. It works the way they want.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    dionchi said:

4) One problem I've noticed is some players buying up low priced items from the Auction House, jacking up the price then attempting to resell those items at a higher price. Things like this generate more wealth for some (usually those who don't really need it) and make items that would improve the capability of less experienced players to more effectively play the game...
    a) The fees and charges in the Auction House should be reevaluated but any item sold through the Auction House becomes Bound to Account upon purchase this would immediately stop some players from excessively profiteering from the purchase and resale of items other players list in the Auction House.

I'm not sure why you see this as a problem... it's just how a market works. Is it a problem that someone sells an item at a much cheaper than usual price? That's what I do when I want to sell something quickly.

The 10% selling fee already acts to discourage frivolous transactions.
    I'm not sure binding after the first sale would be a good idea (like killing the second hand market). It would make a lot of items have much less value. Especially if it overrode the effect of unbind tokens.

If you watch the prices of things you start to see how dynamic they are... player population, events, new items available.... lots of factors are affecting the prices all the time. But if an item sells, it's not overpriced. The seller might have to wait for that buyer to come along... and that has a cost for the seller.

I think I'm trying to say... we can't judge if something is overpriced or underpriced and therefore we can't judge if profit is excessive. Just like we can't judge the value that an item has for a buyer because we don't know why they bought it.

• Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    The ad sinks they've added have reduced the Xbox zax from 37 days to less than 7 in the last year. Last time I looked at my PC toon, it was an 18month back log, but that was over a year ago. If it's 230 days now then the ad sinks are working on pc too, just not fast enough.

The biggest problem I see with pc is all the scammers, and botters that run multiple accounts simultaneously to scam the system. If they could get rid of the scammers/botters it wouldn't be such an issue.

I would like to see the ad sinks reduced myself, as it is now nearly impossible to maintain an alt army, while still exchanging a reasonable amount of zen.
  • Options
    If you have proof of a botter or scammer, report them.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    The ZAX on PC never reached 18 months. The highest was about 11 months. The current wait time is 220 days.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    greywynd said:

Removing surplus AD from the game has no effect on the zax.

Removing surplus AD from the game has effect on the zax.

Right, but I think the point dads trying to make isn't that removing surplus AD will have no effect on the zen exchange... but by removing the zen exchange it will have an effect on the amount of excess AD in the game. Fewer people would be heavily grinding for AD to simply dump them into the exchange to obtain zen so they don't have to actually buy it.

We all know there are some very dedicated AD miners out there who have tons of AD, a lot of it in the ZAX so they can purchase their desired stuff and renew their VIP, without actually having to pay for it... hence my suggestion to do away with or significantly change how the zen exchange works.

mintmark said:

I'm not sure why you see this as a problem... it's just how a market works. Is it a problem that someone sells an item at a much cheaper than usual price? That's what I do when I want to sell something quickly.

The listing items in the auction house for a low price isn't the problem... as I previously mentioned those who have loads of AD buying those items, jacking up the price to obtain even more AD, which perpetuates and exacerbates the too much AD in the game issue is the problem.

By binding an item purchased from the auction house this would keep those who buy items only to jack up the price to relist it from doing so and as a side benefit players who actually need something to help them play the game will be able to more readily afford it, additionally it would keep those with so many AD's who play the AH to simply to make more AD's - which ads to the too much AD in the game problem, from doing so, yes killing the second hand market is the intent and purpose of binding items purchased from the auction house... as a work around if someone wants to resell an item they purchased from the auction house they can spend AD's to purchase unbind tokens. That is if unbind tokens work as they are supposed to and unbind a bound item... not just some items which would further diminish the number of AD's in the game.
    mintmark said:

I think I'm trying to say... we can't judge if something is overpriced or underpriced and therefore we can't judge if profit is excessive. Just like we can't judge the value that an item has for a buyer because we don't know why they bought it.

To successfully play the game there are items a player needs, to play higher level content more expensive items are needed. One of the reasons I think so many people are leaving the Neverwinter community is because of the exorbitantly high prices of necessary items.

Very few people want to spend days/weeks/months grinding for items like gear, enchantments, companions, etc. just to play some of the more interesting aspects of the game - so they leave and look for a less grindy game.

I personally know about a dozen people who have left just for that reason, Neverwinter has become one continuous grind and that's not how they want to spend their time.

My ¢¢

• Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    The Auction House does not add any AD to the game. It only removes AD from the game via the 10% fee. Anytime a purchase is made, existing AD is transferred from one account to another and the fee is removed. No AD is added to the game.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    chidion said:

To successfully play the game there are items a player needs, to play higher level content more expensive items are needed. One of the reasons I think so many people are leaving the Neverwinter community is because of the exorbitantly high prices of necessary items.

What sort of items do you have in mind? There are places where essential items can be bought at a fixed price... in the wondrous bazaar and the various gold merchants. Although, many of those items are even cheaper on the auction house.

Things that are expensive are priced that way either because they are very rare, or because the demand is higher than the supply. But if they are selling then they are not priced exorbitantly. And if they are not selling then the seller will reduce the price (or not get any AD at all).

Look at the price of armour kits for a good example... for many of them the price is just above the (fixed) cost of crafting them. When new armour is available and everyone is upgrading the price can rise because the crafters can't keep up with demand and the buyers are paying more to get the supply that is there. Then later on the price comes down as demand falls.

As the previous poster said, high prices don't add AD to the game, they remove it because of the auction house fee.
    I suppose you could say that they encourage players to work more to generate AD, and in a sense you have to compete with the players that are doing that... but they are paying as well, with their time and efforts.

The price finds its own level, and will be generally higher if there is more AD in the game (because people can afford to pay more). But a high price is a symptom, not the cause. The auction house fee helps a bit, and other AD sinks also help. But players find ways to generate more AD and that supports the prices.